IGNORED

Possible Dominionist politicians ?

AnnieC 305

Not starting a political argument here, swear.

But at the moment it looks like we almost have three parties in Washington, not two.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/0 ... 24755.html

And one of them looks a lot like it's affiliated with the People We Snark On.

Can we come up with a list of politicians to watch/watch out for?

I'll open with Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), he of the Dr. Seuss filibusterer. After all, his father surely makes the cut which, when couples with his record, is a good indication of his belief patterns.

Has anyone else picked up on this?

morganguyton.wordpress.com/2013/09/30/theology-of-government-shutdown/

Are there Republicans who aren't dominionist?

The 20 on the HuffPo List?

When I was a kid growing up in Texas fundystan in the 80's, my parents were involved in local politics at the grassroots level--poll workers on election days, involved in the state caucuses and primary elections, etc., and the big party line back then was, 'We're working to take over America and bring it back to its Christian roots, because that's our God-given right and responsibility. It may take decades, but if we trust in God, He will make it happen.'

It terrifies me to see how close those same people have come to realizing their dream. It did take many years before they gained significant power and control, but they are proving to be relentless and determined to steamroll over anyone who gets in their way, because when you have God on your side you can do whatever you want with impunity. There is no room for compromise or collaboration in their minds.

Not starting a political argument here, swear.

But at the moment it looks like we almost have three parties in Washington, not two.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/0 ... 24755.html

And one of them looks a lot like it's affiliated with the People We Snark On.

Can we come up with a list of politicians to watch/watch out for?

I'll open with Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), he of the Dr. Seuss filibusterer. After all, his father surely makes the cut which, when couples with his record, is a good indication of his belief patterns.

Has anyone else picked up on this?

morganguyton.wordpress.com/2013/09/30/theology-of-government-shutdown/

Obviously the cherry picks of who to watch out for include, but are not limited to:

Sam Brownback http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne ... s-20130612 Didn't break link... rolling stones. Look also for an older rolling stone article that connects him even more called "god's Senator."

Perry Not running for governor again, but flitting around Iowa His big church rally in Houston a while back was managed and hosted by offshoot groups of a cult in KC called IHOP. Lou Engle, was once heavy in that group and may still have quiet ties. Engle was Sam Brownback's housemate in DC for a while. Oddly enough, brownback was the only Governor in the nation to go to Perry's big bible thing.

Huckabee Has a radio show that is basically a mix of God and RUsh Limbaugh.

Here is a youtube of Huckabee saying that every person in the USA should be forced, at gunpoint, to listen to history taught by David Barton.....

Go liberty and all that jazz.

Rand Paul

David Lane (more behind the scenes) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Lane_(activist)

Pretty much any politician who speaks at AFA (Lane) or AFR "events".

These ties are what got me worried and brought me, eventually, here. I see the Duggars as jesters and clowns to get people used to the weird, but they are puppets (as are many of the politicians, who would sell their souls and their constituents to have power)

Wait... did that sound cynical?

There is no room for compromise or collaboration in their minds.

This is what I think separates the "regular" Republicans from the dominionists. The old-fashioned Republicans may have held positions with which I disagreed but they were usually willing to listen to dissenting opinions and open to at least a little compromise and collaboration. The dominionists want to take the country back for God. They will not compromise. They don't care if government doesn't work. They don't like the government. They'd like to see it fail so they can establish their own system.

Dr. James Leininger (jamesrleininger.com/) of TX is a major financial backer of fundie interests & causes, including VF & Dougie. Can't find it right now, but Leininger was reportedly one of VF's initial investors when Dougie & Beall first founded the ministry business. Also, while he's never run for office, AFAIK, Leininger's backed a lot of domionist candidates over the years, particularly for local elections in TX. Taking over local school boards & city councils is a time-honored way for dominionist interests to gain a foothold in government. Often, these elections get a low turnout which enhances the chances of candidates that might otherwise tank in a contest with more visibility & therefore opportunity to expose teh crazy.

If you go back a few years in Doug's Blog, you'll see regular mentions of Leininger & his family, including this one (visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/default.aspx?path=/2004/03/681/). Leininger & family have dropped off Dougie's blog in the last few years - not clear if there's been a parting of the ways.

Dr. James Leininger (jamesrleininger.com/) of TX is a major financial backer of fundie interests & causes, including VF & Dougie. Can't find it right now, but Leininger was reportedly one of VF's initial investors when Dougie & Beall first founded the ministry business. Also, while he's never run for office, AFAIK, Leininger's backed a lot of domionist candidates over the years, particularly for local elections in TX. Taking over local school boards & city councils is a time-honored way for dominionist interests to gain a foothold in government. Often, these elections get a low turnout which enhances the chances of candidates that might otherwise tank in a contest with more visibility & therefore opportunity to expose teh crazy.

If you go back a few years in Doug's Blog, you'll see regular mentions of Leininger & his family, including this one (visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/default.aspx?path=/2004/03/681/). Leininger & family have dropped off Dougie's blog in the last few years - not clear if there's been a parting of the ways.[/quote]

I doubt there's been a parting of the ways, because Dougie was just promoting a movie based on a book by Leininger's daughter. In fact, the film is supposedly based on the Leininger family's history.

facebook.com/visionforum#!/photo.php?fbid=10150322797989964&set=a.89564979963.21437.56307449963&type=1

I doubt there's been a parting of the ways, because Dougie was just promoting a movie based on a book by Leininger's daughter. In fact, the film is supposedly based on the Leininger family's history.

facebook.com/visionforum#!/photo.php?fbid=10150322797989964&set=a.89564979963.21437.56307449963&type=1

Ah, thanks. Don't check VF's FB page(s) as often as I should, perhaps. That entry suggests they're all still on each other's BFF list.

Speaking of FB, is there a page for the recently completed Ancient Greece Eff & Eff Tour?

Tim Tingelstad, who has run for judicial jobs in Minnesota multiple times on a basically theonomist platform. He has said his first responsibility as an elected official would be to the Bible, then to the Constitution only insofar as the two were not in conflict:

mnpoliticalroundtable.com/2012/07/19/reshaping-the-supreme-court-starts-august-14/

Tingelstad's erstwhile webpage (now only visible courtesy of the wayback machine) had links posted to FJ favorites WallBuilders and Answers in Genesis:

web.archive.org/web/20120928234238/http://timtingelstad.com/index.php

and what appears to be a full-on tract:

web.archive.org/web/20120813130416/http://www.timtingelstad.com/vision.php

Makes me feel bilious.

Moron 1 and Moron 2 (also known as Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock). I don't think I need to explain why they would be on the dominionist politicians list.

The 20 on the HuffPo List?

I suspect those 20 are pragmatic dominionists who have been getting chewed out by some unhappy constituents.

Slightly OT: Arkansas congressman and likely dominionist Tim Griffin may have hit a new low even for Tea Partiers with this tweet after today's barricade-ramming-car-chase-shooting incident in DC:tim-griffin-tweet.jpg

Archived