IGNORED

What's for Lunch?

OkToBeTakei

Well we have every other meal covered methinks :lol:

I love lunch have to say.

Today I had a York Ham and english mustard sarnie on white farmhouse bread. Not setting the culinary world on fire but seriously tasty. Glass of tapalina and a Satsuma.

Kiddo at school went with lentil soup in her flask and a banana and an apple.

Mr Ok is away on business and is probably eating all kinds of shit :lol:

It's a ways off for me yet, but my general practice is to have leftovers for lunch. On the other hand, I have some fresh tomatoes that need using, and some goat cheese, bitter greens, and bread. So a sandwich (or a salad of leftover butterbeans with tomato, greens, and croutons) is not out of the realm of possibility.

Leftovers for me too. My employer keeps a mini fridge and a microwave, all I have to do is pack and heat. In the warm months I make a bean salad a week, in the cool a soup, and those fill in the gaps when I come up leftover short.

By the end of the night when I am on automatic pilot, I drop a piece of fruit into the lunchbag, fill the tupper or thermos, put in fridge and go to bed.

I was up super early this morning and as kid is out all morning at sport, I made Mushroom pate. Due to their not use indicating they would be a science project if not used. With oatcakes and some fresh tomatoes on the side.

Except now I'm making dinner :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I like light food for mornings and lunch. My go-to is a bowl of tomato soup, a piece of string cheese, and a bowl of lettuce/spinach tossed with a little pepper and parmesan.

Rice, beans, and guacamole all co-mingled (looks gross but is amazing!)....

The only thing that would put that into the realm of absolute perfection is the addition of a shredded sharp Cheddar or Jack to the mix. :D

I am at work and get fed by the lovely cook who has made vegetable soup followed by Steak pie tatties and neeps. I probably will eat no more for the day after that :lol:

Archived