IGNORED

New Polygamy Shows:"Breaking Faith" & "Escaping the Prophet"

I just found Kristyn Decker's radio site. She has 20 episodes posted. Kristyn also wrote a book about her life in polygamy called "Fifty Years in Polygamy, Big Secrets and Little White Lies".

kristyn.srbroadcasting.com/

Two of the girls have dyed hair. How can they expect to be believed as fresh off the compound?

That was one of my first thoughts when watching the pilot of this show. How annoying! Also I saw a commercial for the next episode earlier today. One of the girls meets up with her boyfriend, who she said she was dating before he escaped and he was the whole reason she wanted to leave. Then they go to a club! In their modest dress clothes! Oh those newly escaped FLDS kids just don't know what they're getting into, do they?!? :roll:

I was hoping we had a thread on Breaking the Faith. I've been watching this show with a friend that doesn't know much anything about the kind of stuff we talk about here (though he does know about my involvement here and the topics we discuss).

I am sitting here screaming at stuff that is going on as either fake or that really bothers me about the extremists and he is all "people can't be *that* naive can they?" So I find myself having to explain a lot of their beliefs.

This one with the "boyfriend" is on my last nerve with her snotty comments all the time. It seems like she was very "cafeteria style FLDS" before she left based on what she's saying on the show.

I guess if you never had any real knowledge of them, it might make you want to learn more about the FLDS (like my friend), but it's just giving me a headache from screaming at that snotty, bitchy one ;)

(I've watched all 4 eps and I still don't know any of their names :( )

I was hoping we had a thread on Breaking the Faith. I've been watching this show with a friend that doesn't know much anything about the kind of stuff we talk about here (though he does know about my involvement here and the topics we discuss).

I am sitting here screaming at stuff that is going on as either fake or that really bothers me about the extremists and he is all "people can't be *that* naive can they?" So I find myself having to explain a lot of their beliefs.

This one with the "boyfriend" is on my last nerve with her snotty comments all the time. It seems like she was very "cafeteria style FLDS" before she left based on what she's saying on the show.

I guess if you never had any real knowledge of them, it might make you want to learn more about the FLDS (like my friend), but it's just giving me a headache from screaming at that snotty, bitchy one ;)

Linda went back.

I think the girl who really is done with the whole FLDS business is named Helen.

Brad is the chubby guy.

I don't know any of the other girls' names.

Two of the guys have the surname Jeffs, but I don't know their first names.

The girl with the bf is very annoying. She bosses everyone around and tries to get them to follow FLDS rules, but then she goes off with her BF.

I just found Kristyn Decker's radio site. She has 20 episodes posted. Kristyn also wrote a book about her life in polygamy called "Fifty Years in Polygamy, Big Secrets and Little White Lies".

kristyn.srbroadcasting.com/

Loved Kristyn's book, but toward the end I just wanted to shake her to make her snap out of it. The way she kept going back & believing her husband - could the guy have been a bigger asshole?- made me want to bang my head against the damn wall. I'm hoping "Escaping the Prophet" will be better than the one currently showing because I know Flora is involved, and I don't want to believe she'd be a part of a sham. I didn't watch BF. Just got a Breaking Amish vibe, and didn't want to waste my time.

Loved Kristyn's book, but toward the end I just wanted to shake her to make her snap out of it. The way she kept going back & believing her husband - could the guy have been a bigger asshole?- made me want to bang my head against the damn wall. I'm hoping "Escaping the Prophet" will be better than the one currently showing because I know Flora is involved, and I don't want to believe she'd be a part of a sham. I didn't watch BF. Just got a Breaking Amish vibe, and didn't want to waste my time.

I have been wanting to read her book. Apparently she has an uncensored version now?

I am sad to hear one of the young ladies returned to the FLDS.

Even with the fake reenactments and all, I still at first thought this would be interesting enough to watch and hoped to follow them through whatever process they are going through. But the obligatory trip to a club and physical fight turned me off.

I would like to see a show like "Amish Out of Order" where you see real people confront real issues such as lack of education, trying to get a job, coping with family relationships or rejection, learning how to get a bank account and establish credit, confronting spiritual questions, etc.

Fat chance, I guess.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread because TLC decided to pull Escaping the Prophet right after Flora and Brandon were interviewed on Piers Morgan and just hours before the show was to air Tuesday night. There is an effort to blow up TLC's FB page with requests for them to at least let the show finish its run or bring it back to find its audience. There's also a FB page Escaping the Prophet Revolution that's mobilizing and getting pretty active with petitions, emailing Discovery, and just generally being the squeaky wheel. If anyone is watching ETP, please visit these pages and make your voice heard. We must be doing something right because people are commenting now using Warren Jeffs pic as their avatar.

viewer_relations@discovery.com

Bumping this thread because TLC decided to pull Escaping the Prophet right after Flora and Brandon were interviewed on Piers Morgan and just hours before the show was to air Tuesday night. There is an effort to blow up TLC's FB page with requests for them to at least let the show finish its run or bring it back to find its audience. There's also a FB page Escaping the Prophet Revolution that's mobilizing and getting pretty active with petitions, emailing Discovery, and just generally being the squeaky wheel. If anyone is watching ETP, please visit these pages and make your voice heard. We must be doing something right because people are commenting now using Warren Jeffs pic as their avatar.

viewer_relations@discovery.com

I was wondering what happened to this show! I had set up my DVR to record it and thought maybe I hadn't done it right. Thanks for the info and the links.

If anyone is looking for an accurate show about polygamy I recommend, "What Love Is This." It is a public access show in Utah. Doris the host can be a little annoying but the show is full of first hand accounts of former polygamy members. The most current episode features Shanell Snow, a former polygamist from the Kingston group. She is the sister of Kollene Snow, who appeared on TLC's Sister Wives. Kollene has also been a guest on "What Love Is This."

whatloveisthis.tv/archive.htm

Thank you but it sounds like it is regional. For most of this, we can't watch.

Thank you but it sounds like it is regional. For most of this, we can't watch.

Youtube has it. I adore Doris!

What reason did they give for pulling it, and what do people think the real reason is?

There is no reason; just poof. That's why Escaping the Prophet Revolution had been blowing up their FB, email, and any links they still have up to the show. I find it incredibly fishy that the show debuted to such high numbers for TLC & got actual media attention that the channel didn't have to beg for, and then just disappeared. The Warren Jeffs avatars are making me get a sick feeling on my tummy. FLDS has mad money. :shifty-kitty:

ETA The God Squad is being undermined now by actual law enforcement, and Flora and Brandon have easier access now to Colorado City. Me thinks the powers that be in CC ain't liking their business being on front street.

Archived