IGNORED

Alyssa Bates with a BOYFRIEND!!

sunshine

Nothing about Jebus in her description?? That kind of omission is practically atheistic in fundieland, isn't it? That surprised me more than the word boyfriend. Go Alyssa!

I'm calling bullshit on this. No mention of Jebus AND any mention of Vol is always followed by either Go Big Orange or #GBO. Well that and the Selena Gomez pin, although the 150% rings true of fundie math.

She's following "Whitney Bates". I think they're both bogus.

I noticed that and I agree, though the Alyssa Bates page has over 500 pins, which is more than a night's work if someone is faking it.

I'm leaning towards fake too. Though it is a lot of work to put into faking something, after RR I can believe someone would do it.

I don't think the pages are fake. They've got people they know in real life following them. If Alyssa's page was fake, why would she call herself 'Bizz Bates'? Wouldn't a faker use her real name? Remember when people were convinced that Jessa Duggar wasn't actually courting Ben Seewald and it was all a hoax or a mistake, and then it turned out to be true? This would be another really weird, intricate, and pointless hoax.

The "immodest" wedding dresses are listed as pretty "after alterations". Even though they seem plenty covering to me.

This wouldn't surprise me. I read somewhere (here, via Kelly?) that Erin tried on some modest wedding dresses and didn't like them. She ended up getting an "immodest" dress and having alterations made. What kind of alterations were not made clear. Just as long as the "alterations" aren't similar to what Mullet Duggar did to a perfectly nice, strapless wedding gown. That satin dickey she had made was hideous. Hopefully, Erin is going lacy. From the front, my own wedding dress looked like a strapless with lace and illusion netting, ending with a lace collar neck. However, that was the structure that set up the back, which was pretty much bare. :dance:

Even the wording is right. Is there a way to find out how long the account has been active? I ask because I think Erin also has an account (Elise Bates, whom Whitney is following...Elise is Erin's middle name). That page is ALL wedding stuff. Given the content and the small circles of following/followers (and who they are), I'm leaning toward legit.

Awwwwww thats kinda cute. Its good to see that theyre allowed to say something like that. I hope it is real. She seems like just a normal young woman, not someone who was born into a cult.

I think the Bateses have managed the whole courtship thing better than most fundies, their pairings seem fairly natural together and dont look awkward. Erin and Chad look as if they cant wait to start kissing and stuff-theres real chemistry together.

Awwwwww thats kinda cute. Its good to see that theyre allowed to say something like that. I hope it is real. She seems like just a normal young woman, not someone who was born into a cult.

I think the Bateses have managed the whole courtship thing better than most fundies, their pairings seem fairly natural together and dont look awkward. Erin and Chad look as if they cant wait to start kissing and stuff-theres real chemistry together.

I think this is due to Gil and Kelly seem to actually let their kids grow up and find their own way and figure out what works for them. Jim Boob on the other hand is a control freak that wants his kids to be mini versions of himself. Its not about raising Godly kids so much as its him having the final say in every decision.

I think this is due to Gil and Kelly seem to actually let their kids grow up and find their own way and figure out what works for them. Jim Boob on the other hand is a control freak that wants his kids to be mini versions of himself. Its not about raising Godly kids so much as its him having the final say in every decision.

I think part of it is also that Jim Bob now can afford to never let his kids go. I bet that if they had never found TLC that more Duggars would be married off.

I think the Pinterest Account is legitimate. There are too many people following her for it to be made up. Those people include Kay Mount and Kelly Adkins (Kelly's sisters), Courtney Green (A Bates family friend who protested against abortion with them), the Roberts girls, Rachel Busenitz (member of the Wissmann family) and Casey B (who I'm pretty sure is Gil's brother's wife). Way too much work for it to have been made up.

Plus the fashion section is exactly what Alyssa wears and the style of commenting is the same overly enthusiastic style that Alyssa has used in the past on family and friend's blogs. Waaay too much work for someone to do for kicks.

I think part of it is also that Jim Bob now can afford to never let his kids go. I bet that if they had never found TLC that more Duggars would be married off.

I think Gil and Kelly learned something from Zac and Sarah Reith's failed courtship and decided to alter their approach.

It's not fake, Zach's girlfriend is following Alyssa.

I'm very glad, it shows Bates daugthers have some freedom and have their own interests.

Alyssa is helping in a flower store, so she has a job. It's not a great career, but it's better than being at stuck at home like Duggars girls (minus Jill).

I also think that Bates parents are willing to marry children, have grandchildren, etc. Is seems that they can run their own home, not like Jimbob and Michelle who cannot run the house without the eldest girls.

It's been purged.

Yep, purged! The mention of a BF and all the wedding boards are gone. Guess she set those to private. My guess is that too many people started following her and the jig was up. Oh well.

I wonder if her parents were unaware that she was using that term and when they found out made her take it down. You don't get to be high up in ati like Gil is by being liberal and open minded. People seem to forget that Gil is on the ati board of directors he believes just as many horrible controlling things about his adult children as Jim Bob does. They are just better at appearing normal.

Archived