IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect: Vive La France

happy atheist

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, I haven't befriended her. I've "liked" her Sparkling Adventures fb page (where the Voila post is).

Thx. I had 'liked' Red Gypsy Lauren but I guess that one gets fewer updates.

Alicesopinion I can see at the end of Now With Rats you commented on my post about David being a bit of a mystery. You are adament he is a complete mental case from start to finish and that the interactions with the girls aren't sitting well with you and that he has a Messiah complex of sorts. I'm just wondering if you can give some examples because I've read about 700 posts about David and while somethings are a bit...interesting I don't see anything that says, "Man, what a freaking psycho". Maybe I'm naive or not reading between the lines enough...

I really am genuinely interested in you pov because I'm not seeing it at all. And the whole bridge thing. ..well it was a shock to me. I really did think david was a cool guy at times.

Also if anyone else is well versed in this epic blog does anyone know why they were no longer welcome at La Hacienda? I got the impression they were using it as a babysitting service and the kids trashed the joint but i don't know how they were suddenly banned.

Also if anyone else is well versed in this epic blog does anyone know why they were no longer welcome at La Hacienda? I got the impression they were using it as a babysitting service and the kids trashed the joint but i don't know how they were suddenly banned.

La Hacienda was the New Zealand house, wasn't it? If so, the guy they were friends with there left and the new people weren't so into having squatters (or campers) on the property.

Re David ...I think Lauren scrubbed a lot of the cray cray ...but it was very evident in his you tube videos and plus his search for a safe haven which then turned rainbow /alternate /unleashed the madness .........who thinks its Ok to travel with kids in a cargo truck or in modified horse truck unrestrained and unsupervised when they are little .Only the current baby got to be in the front of the cab

He was product of cult like religion,the exact one I have forgotten .

I am pretty liberal and free but they blow even my limits.....Hellena I love and wish would come back ........this sparkly one is so unauthentic its painful .

Also Alice had a blog ...seems to have gone awol

also this....raisingmiro.com/2013/03/06/alice-satrias-journey-to-unschooling/

This details her "journey"

Alicesopinion I can see at the end of Now With Rats you commented on my post about David being a bit of a mystery. You are adament he is a complete mental case from start to finish and that the interactions with the girls aren't sitting well with you and that he has a Messiah complex of sorts. I'm just wondering if you can give some examples because I've read about 700 posts about David and while somethings are a bit...interesting I don't see anything that says, "Man, what a freaking psycho". Maybe I'm naive or not reading between the lines enough...

I really am genuinely interested in you pov because I'm not seeing it at all. And the whole bridge thing. ..well it was a shock to me. I really did think david was a cool guy at times.

I had a very similar upbringing to both David and Lauren and I recognise their type of crazy. What else can I say? I will try to explain though. I have never felt their interactions were sincere, they always look and feel contrived to me. Of course, that is my POV based on my own experience and exposure to mentally ill fundamentalist Christians and in my POV David and Lauren fit the bill like a text book couple.

I had watched (when they were still available) David's YouTube rants and he was not a well man. When Lauren walked off with Elijah I got a real sense that David was reporting on her. But why? and to who? And why did the progression of their relationship also signify the progression of their retreat from society? Now, retreat from society is another Christian theme I'm well versed in and it is often based on the stewardship of a Father Head figure. Except David is a weak father head in that he pleads with Lauren. It became clear to me that they were engaging in a game where the measure of their righteousness and piousness was not against society...but against themselves and so the stakes increased year after year until it ended in the murder of their son.

Lauren knocked out the babies, David became an extreme eater (vegan) and society watcher, Lauren denied him sexual intimacy and he provoked her 'goodness' by appealing to her to have sex with another woman which interestingly, Lauren reported on her blog AND David replied to in the comments. Typical game playing and score keeping behaviour, not typical relationship behaviour (unless you count discussing your sexuality with your husband via your blog where he also comments via your blog as normal).

I can't tell you how 'I know' David is a fuckingpsycho as I see it, in the same way I can't explain how I know when Missionaries are sincere or not, but I can and the fact that I can is down to years of exposure. I have always felt he was creepy and I have always felt his daughters navigated away from alone time with him - I base this on photos and body language and a few posts. A particular one was where one of the children wasn't allowed to know how old she was until she 'let' David read her a book or something along those lines and to me, natural resistance to a father figure is usually a sign that all is not well in a household. I feel that Lauren was pushing the whole 'David is wonderful father' line when I didn't see evidence of that. He strikes me in the blog as a selfish undeveloped man beyond his depth. When he killed Elijah, the first news broadcasts were that Elijah had drowned. The first thing I said was, 'I bet he drowned during a Baptism'. And well, it wasn't during a Baptism but it was via David.

Lauren is not a woman in grieving, she is a woman in scheming, I know her type so well, I've spent my whole life around women like her, nothing she does would surprise me.

Re David ...I think Lauren scrubbed a lot of the cray cray ...but it was very evident in his you tube videos and plus his search for a safe haven which then turned rainbow /alternate /unleashed the madness .........who thinks its Ok to travel with kids in a cargo truck or in modified horse truck unrestrained and unsupervised when they are little .Only the current baby got to be in the front of the cab

He was product of cult like religion,the exact one I have forgotten .

I am pretty liberal and free but they blow even my limits.....Hellena I love and wish would come back ........this sparkly one is so unauthentic its painful .

Also Alice had a blog ...seems to have gone awol

also this....raisingmiro.com/2013/03/06/alice-satrias-journey-to-unschooling/

This details her "journey"

All the videos are gone. Listening to him I was under no illusion, he is CRAZY. I don't know David and Lauren or what specific religion they were raised in. I am guessing David is a Seventh Day Adventist (I don't know this, I could be wrong) because I have heard all the shit he is espousing time and time again, it's a common theme in the SDA church and I should know, I was raised in it. Not all SDA members are fuckingcrazy, only most of them. Interestingly, the SDA has the single most amount of off shoot and new foundling religions than any other Christian church. Yah! It's a religion that encourages self churching and a lot of cults have sprung out from it, not least of which was WACO, although there are many more. There's something sinister in that battlecreek water...

But anyhow, David and Lauren might think they're revolutionaries, but they're walking a WELL TRODDEN trail and it never ends well for anyone.

Yes, I had heard awhile ago that Mango Mama returned to Hawaii and was able to have visitation with her children again. However, the damage done to those children was already done.

The point is that when you tried to pretend your life is perfect because you are SO authentic and alternative, you might snap and run away from that life and abandon your children.

I see Alice is partially enthralled with this philosophy because of the promise that you won't have the normal teen angst period if you parent like this. This is exactly what draws so many Fundies into harsh parenting techniques. The every elusive promise that you can skip the teen years if you *just* do one special method of parenting before that point.

Here's the reality. Teens are teens. If you survive one without the regular teen angst, then prepare because you'll experience it in their 20s instead. It's absolutely necessary for children to grow, to mature, and to find a way to establish who they are and what they want for their lives outside of their parents. That process creates angst. It's simply Unavoidable.

No guru can get you through the teen years and avoid having teens. Furthermore, if you approach your children with respect, understanding that this is about their ability to grow and separate and not about a statement on what a horrible parent you are for the million mistakes you WILL make, then you will weather the angst just fine, no matter what parenting methods you use or don't use. There is NO magic cure-all. Every method that claims to skip those years is an automatic red flag because all that means is that anytime real teens show real angst, rather than honestly working through it, the method will blame the parent for not properly employing the method and thus hold onto the false claim that you can avoid it.

Lauren's girls are going to have a LOT of angst, and as others have said, they may very frighteningly express it by running with the first man who shows them enough attention and offers to take them away from their insane mother. In fact, her so-called parenting is NOT preventing normal growth and developing but creating problems on top of it, AND Lauren uses it as an excuse be neglectful.

This movement is responsible for convincing a solid, work-at home mother who was supporting herself and her son into abandoning her business, embracing poverty and homelessness and convincing her that if she attempts ANYTHING beyond devoting her entire life to every moment of her child's life, then she's going to fail. Alice sounds very gullible and naïve to me, not educated and with her head on straight. From the descriptions of her child's behavior, this new methodology is not making things better with her son, but actually making his poor behaviors worse and increasing both her poverty and her guilt factor.

Oh please! We all know how this is going to end: teen pregnancy, tattoos, piercings and some seriously BAD men. Yawn...

To all those who posted that there is probably a man involved in this France thing I hadn't thought of this and I am truly hoping there is not... this Alice is a bad influence! Anyway said man will live to regret this if her history of marital/mind games is anything to go by...

Up til now I thought she might have been going for the hippy same sex tryst going by her interest in polyamory. Or maybe she does post this stuff to make David crazy (ier).

I hope there is a man and I hope he is crazier than Lauren, its not likely but I believe *anything* is possible if you hope hard enough. She deserves to be spun in a web she cant get out of, just for a little while, she's had the upper hand on too many lives for too long. She needs to meet her match. The sooner the better.

Oh, and I hope he is a fundamentalist who makes her cut off her dreads.

Unless the "nearly there" references not just the actual physical trip. I wonder if arriving in France is the first step in some grander plan (to abandon her children/hook up with a lover).

I wonder how David is taking Lauren's newfound potential sexuality, can't be easy for him!

La Hacienda was the New Zealand house, wasn't it? If so, the guy they were friends with there left and the new people weren't so into having squatters (or campers) on the property.

Thank you, yes, it was. I must have missed that that guy actually left. As others have observed lauren tends to wear out the welcome mat, I think they didn't really want them there.

David's family originated from the Worldwide Church of God as it used to be known.

That makes sense. They are a splinter church of the Seventh Day Adventist Church, also obsessed with 'the end times' and using a third party to 'interpret' the scriptures, what a surprise...

Yeah, lets hope they dont create any more kids for Lauren to neglect. She does not deserve to have children as she neglects the ones she has.

I wonder what would happen if she got pregnant, stayed in France and took on a different life and let her friend keep her other kids...and then she got bored of that and abandoned the kids she made with the French guy to move off to China and have a baby with a Chinese guy, then got bored and moved off to Spain......she could have a family in every country and keep abandoning them for new and different countries. She could even take on different lifestyles in each countries, like take on every aspect of the culture, or in one she could be a hippie, the next a fundie, or in one be a working mother, the next a homeschooling SAHM, in one she could let her kids have chicken nuggets and pizza for every meal, but in the other she could be all vegan organic stuff only...

Actually, having been raised by a mother all too similar to Lauren who embraced fundamentalist Christianity because oddly she could abuse and cajole my father so that she looked like the long-suffering Godly wife, there IS an alternative to teen pregnancy,, tattoos and poor endings for those girls. Those girls have family, family that is stable and sane and has been involved in their lives. That connection CAN make the difference between self destruction as a child grows up, or reaching out to the safety net of that family to fall apart and be embraced, supported and reparented by those relatives.

My suspicion is that the older the girl at the point of Elijah's death, the more likely they will reach out to family instead of self-imploding like their mother. Aisha has strong bongs and relationships with her grandmother and grandfather. She will most likely reach out. Broini is the Golden Child for Lauren and it will be FAR harder for her to break away and thus will likely implode trying to mimic her mother. Calista and Delaney are difficult to tell their future, because it depends upon whether Lauren's family can continue to reach out and help them feel loved and bonded in the coming years, or whether those girls feel they have nothing outside of Lauren and thus feel they must stay within her world to implode.

I honestly think that before 16, Aisha will be done with parenting for Lauren and will run away. I believe she will likely reach out ot her gay grandfather first, who Lauren has deemed as alternative and "authentic" enough now to be acceptable for her family. From there, Aisha may reach out to her grandmother for a mother figure.

I say these because I look at the pattern of children raised by mothers such a Lauren and the influence outside family can have on the situation.

Yep I think it is too...

What to think now?!

I'm inclined to think she's still heading to somewhere/someone else. This is just a stop over on the way...

Okay, someone in Australia --- NOW can they take her children away? She's abandoned them with a stranger and they are presumably in one place.

As per previous comments, resources are stretched to the limit. If the girls are being fed and housed (bussed? trucked? tented?) and are in no immediate danger then they are simply not going to be a priority. And if they are still with Alice then she is not a stranger. She may be a complete fruit loop herself, but they know her and have stayed at her home.

Unless Lauren just parked the bus and wandered off there is nothing that she has done wrong legally and the girls are relatively safe physically. Mentally? Well we all have our opinions on that, but it is not an immediate, urgent situation that would require seizing the girls.

There are sadly many, many cases of awful, shocking, physical and sexual abuse and neglect that have to be prioritized before Lauren's girls. Lauren's girls tick the boxes for basic essential care and no apparent immediate danger. They would be well down the list, which is a sad commentary on both their situation and all the children worse off than them.

For example, I know that girl children from particular cultural groups are in immediate danger of being subjected to female genital mutilation and are on a watch list in case their family tries to take them overseas for the procedure. Ditto, arranged marriages where a girl is taken overseas to be sold off in marriage to some horrible old man.

The man is James Fisher, a relation, I'm guessing. There are a lot of pictures of her in Paris on his IG, @anomalito.

Eta: should have read to the end of the thread! I am on my phone and thought I had. Embarrassing!

Archived