• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
homeschoolmomma1

Fundies will celebrate Sukkot soon...

homeschoolmomma1

some facebook friends are going to Seasons of Our Joy in Missouri for the Feast of the Tabernacles... ummm okay. This is where they are going

season-of-our-joy.com/Windermere.html

Edited by OnceUponATime
adding tags

artschooldropout

This is all I can say:

Dear Fundies

Judaism is not a set of quirky customs set aside for your cosplaying needs. It's an actual living religion that exists completely independently from Christianity. We are not a relic from biblical times, that you can use as a prop to understand your "roots" Our faith is far more dynamic, complex, vibrant and profound than you will ever understand. You want to pretend to be "hebraic" according to your rudimentary understanding of the Bible? Go sacrifice a goat or something, but FFS, keep your hands off our holidays and ritual objects.

Todah Rabah,

An actual Jewish person

EDIT: Also, LOL at the fact that they use lemons as stand-ins for etrogim

Arete

Aw shucks. I was going to see if I could establish a smuggling route from Cyprus to the US for etrogim to sell to faux Jews for what I thought would be a very reasonable price of 500 USD a piece. Lemons? Those cheap bastards. :evil-eye:

Dizzy
nelliebelle1197

I cannot believe there are this many of them. I actually find my self embarrassed for them.

Phoebe

The campground looks lovely. Too bad the fundies will be there uglifying it with their cultural appropriation.

FlorenceHamilton
This is all I can say:

Dear Fundies

Judaism is not a set of quirky customs set aside for your cosplaying needs. It's an actual living religion that exists completely independently from Christianity. We are not a relic from biblical times, that you can use as a prop to understand your "roots" Our faith is far more dynamic, complex, vibrant and profound than you will ever understand. You want to pretend to be "hebraic" according to your rudimentary understanding of the Bible? Go sacrifice a goat or something, but FFS, keep your hands off our holidays and ritual objects.

Todah Rabah,

An actual Jewish person

THIS!

salex
I cannot believe there are this many of them. I actually find my self embarrassed for them.

Here in Ks aka Brownbackistan, the governor has a thing for the Shofar. Someone seems always to be blowing one around the statehouse during his events.

Kelsey said Thursday’s event was organized by a group called the Capitol Commission, a national nonprofit devoted to "Reaching Capitol Communities for Christ." No non-Christian groups were represented.

At one point, the Rev. Earl Pickard, the director of the Campus Crusade for Christ Ministry Prayerworks, blew into a shofar — a ram's horn used for Jewish religious purposes — before offering a prayer for Israel in both Hebrew and English.

"For Zion's sake, we will not be quiet," he said. "For Jerusalem, we will not be silent."

He concluded the prayer in the name of "the Lord, Jesus Christ."

http://m.cjonline.com/news/2012-05-03/g ... day-prayer Link not broken as a news source A rabbi points out her congregation was not invited to world day of prayer.

And again when he signed a Proclamation about how important Israel is to Kansas (??) myemail.constantcontact.com/Israel-kansas-Proclamation-signed-at-Pastors-Briefing-.html?soid=1105980875049&aid=9ryOxWAzcwM

At 9 a.m. Joel 2 was read, and the shofar sounded throughout the corridors of Memorial Hall, the building that houses Kansas Secretary of State and Kansas Attorney General

These are things going on with our Governor... which I find very offputting. THis ignores the shofar blowing fundies on road trips across our state based on some kind of vision by Chuck Pierce or Dutch Sheets (I don't keep these people straight, I just know they exist)

rward
This is all I can say:

Dear Fundies

Todah Rabah,

An actual Jewish person

Yeah, that's pretty much what my bosses think about that, with the added "how dare you steal my customs while believing I'm going to burn for all eternities, you twits!"

RachelB

Aw shucks. I was going to see if I could establish a smuggling route from Cyprus to the US for etrogim to sell to faux Jews for what I thought would be a very reasonable price of 500 USD a piece. Lemons? Those cheap bastards. :evil-eye:

I've seen etrog citrons at the farmer's market in California, but they aren't typically available until December or January.

anniebgood

Last year during Sukkot I saw a guy walking down the street from the Chabad Community Center with a Palm Branch and a etrog. Several people asked him what it was for and he was more than happy to explain it to them.

My friend who's Messianic used to have more sense regarding proselytizing seems to think that because Judaism has more holidays it's better than plain old Christianity who only have 2. She's spending tons of money taking courses from Simchat Torah Beit Midrash International in Aurora.

They'll forgo the shelter because of the weather but use the one at the church.

Ralar
This is all I can say:

Dear Fundies

Todah Rabah,

An actual Jewish person

P.S. If you can't find a goat to sacrifice, go with the tenth part of an ephah of fine flour for a meal-offering, mingled with the fourth part of a hin of beaten oil.

Sincerely,

Another actual Jewish person