IGNORED

Kirk Cameron Pimping Liberty University/Unstoppable

Buzzard

Looks like Kirky Dirky has himself a new gig

fIytNFzJoPk

ubnOo0-Q4pc

Skillz to bring a "whole new message" into the world? Cuz he's doing a bang up job himself, right?

Kirky was also on "Huckabee" yesterday whining about how facebook deleted ads for unstoppable but there was an "outcry" from their "fans" and facebook put it back, showing that God wins! Huh???

Apparently Liberty will be pimping this film on 9/24 through some form of simulcast to other theaters... :angry-banghead: I'm confused... dont movie theaters show movies on their own you know, without the internet?

wnd.com/2013/09/if-god-is-good-why-does-he-allow-suffering/?cat_orig=faith

Now the Dove Foundation has awarded “Unstoppable†it’s highest, five-out-of-five rating and praised the film as “a movie that families everywhere need to see!â€

“Kirk Cameron’s film is an amazing look at the origins of suffering,†writes Dove reviewer Edwin L. Carpenter. “The likable Cameron shows a real sincerity as he visits a family that lost a teen son to death.

Likeable? Who are they talking about???

edited to fix youtube

Does Kirk even pay attention to his Dominionist friends and their opinions? Does he realize that Doug Phillips would be appalled by this? Does he care?

He seems to be completely unaware of the theological and lifestyle differences between Calvinists and Evangelicals.

Kirk Cameron stopped being likeable when he stopped playing Mike Seaver.

How wonderful. A person who did not go to the university, or any university, promoting it.

Well, at least he thinks his kids should go to college.

And he was unlikeable long before he was done playing Mike Seaver. Ask anyone who worked with him.

And he was unlikeable long before he was done playing Mike Seaver. Ask anyone who worked with him.

Like getting Matthew Perry written out because he thought he was an agent of Satan and Julie McCollough because she posed for Playboy or something.

Apparently Liberty will be pimping this film on 9/24 through some form of simulcast to other theaters... :angry-banghead: I'm confused... dont movie theaters show movies on their own you know, without the internet?

There's a company called Fathom Events that does various special events through movie theaters - depending on your local theater, you can go see the Metropolitan Opera on the big screen, Bollywood movies, RiffTrax events, concerts, all sorts of things. Last fall, they had Lawrence of Arabia for one night, and the Star Trek TNG episodes "Best of Both Worlds" (aka Picard gets Assimilated) one night; this month they're doing some sort of show with the Pompeii exhibit from the British Museum. (I'm still kicking myself for missing Lawrence of Arabia on the big screen).

Last year they did Monumental, and apparently it was enough of a hit that this year, they're inflicting Unstoppableon us. And, :angry-banghead: it's sold out already at the local theater, which isn't showing the Pompeii exhibit.

There's a company called Fathom Events that does various special events through movie theaters - depending on your local theater, you can go see the Metropolitan Opera on the big screen, Bollywood movies, RiffTrax events, concerts, all sorts of things. Last fall, they had Lawrence of Arabia for one night, and the Star Trek TNG episodes "Best of Both Worlds" (aka Picard gets Assimilated) one night; this month they're doing some sort of show with the Pompeii exhibit from the British Museum. (I'm still kicking myself for missing Lawrence of Arabia on the big screen).

Last year they did Monumental, and apparently it was enough of a hit that this year, they're inflicting Unstoppableon us. And, :angry-banghead: it's sold out already at the local theater, which isn't showing the Pompeii exhibit.

Lawrence of Arabia was magnificent on the big screen. I hate that you missed it, RandomTrivia.

Ugh for them showing Unstoppable.

I went to the website and watched the video. WHO THE FUCK does he think he is? What suffering has Kirk Cameron been through that HE is an expert on human suffering and faith?

I am a tad snarky, but back when I was more obviously in chemo (ie, no hair, no eyebrows, no eyelashes), people like Cameron would feel the right to come up to me and say, "God bless you" or "I will pray for you." I responded, "It would have been much better if your God hadn't given me cancer to begin with." That would stop them in their tracks. Mean? Probably. But what right do they have to insert themselves?

Lawrence of Arabia was magnificent on the big screen. I hate that you missed it, RandomTrivia.

Ugh for them showing Unstoppable.

I'm hoping that someday they do Lawrence of Arabia again, but it was a 50th anniversary special event, so the odds are probably not good. Maybe for the 60th. :pray: I just couldn't fit a 4-hour movie into the schedule that week, I think DH was working late and we have babysitter issues. :( Gone with the Wind would also be awesome, and I"m sure the Trek episodes looked amazing on a huge screen.

And the local theater is doing a second showing of Kirk's drivel, two weeks later. At least they're not fundie-focused - they show the Met Opera and RiffTrax, and I'm pretty sure those wouldn't meet fundie standards. :roll:

I went to the website and watched the video. WHO THE FUCK does he think he is? What suffering has Kirk Cameron been through that HE is an expert on human suffering and faith?

Because poor persecuted christians! Dontchaknow that they have it so bad? It is terrible. Won't someone think of the poor majority who is being trampled? :)

I am a tad snarky, but back when I was more obviously in chemo (ie, no hair, no eyebrows, no eyelashes), people like Cameron would feel the right to come up to me and say, "God bless you" or "I will pray for you." I responded, "It would have been much better if your God hadn't given me cancer to begin with." That would stop them in their tracks. Mean? Probably. But what right do they have to insert themselves?

Good for you! I would love to have seen the look on their faces.

Weird how heathen liberal universities are the ones researching disease and history, and people are trying so hard to get in.....and Liberty university needs to pimped out by Limbaugh. LOL, good luck job hunting with that bullshit education you get there.

Weird how heathen liberal universities are the ones researching disease and history, and people are trying so hard to get in.....and Liberty university needs to pimped out by Limbaugh. LOL, good luck job hunting with that bullshit education you get there.

Unfortunately the Huckabees of the world will make sure these graduates get jobs in government. I remember being appalled at the number of people in Bush's justice department with fundie degrees.

I'm not a fan of Kirk Cameron, but I do give him credit for encouraging education unlike Boob and other fundies.

Limbaugh? He of the multiple marriages, drug addiction no apparent religion whatsoever? Wow.

Politics make for strange bedfellows.

Like getting Matthew Perry written out because he thought he was an agent of Satan and Julie McCollough because she posed for Playboy or something.

I knew the story about Julie McCollough, but not about Matthew Perry - what happened?

I'm hoping that someday they do Lawrence of Arabia again, but it was a 50th anniversary special event, so the odds are probably not good. Maybe for the 60th. :pray: I just couldn't fit a 4-hour movie into the schedule that week, I think DH was working late and we have babysitter issues. :( Gone with the Wind would also be awesome, and I"m sure the Trek episodes looked amazing on a huge screen.

And the local theater is doing a second showing of Kirk's drivel, two weeks later. At least they're not fundie-focused - they show the Met Opera and RiffTrax, and I'm pretty sure those wouldn't meet fundie standards. :roll:

Okay, so it's probably the opposite of Lawrence of Arabia, but I've been to a few of the Rifftrax events. The next one is the original Night of the Living Dead, and I cannot wait! Yes, I am that cultured! 8-)

I knew the story about Julie McCollough, but not about Matthew Perry - what happened?

I Googled it and just found what was mentioned here - that he thought Matthew was an agent of Satan. I wonder how he determined that? I know Kirk Cameron was a teenage heartthrob back then, but I can't believe the way the show and/or network let him have so much power.

Matthew Perry is an absolute angel for opening up his home to recovering drug addicts. He's a much better person that Kirk ever can hope to be.

Matthew Perry is an absolute angel for opening up his home to recovering drug addicts. He's a much better person that Kirk ever can hope to be.

He is also a former drug addict.

I went to college an hour or two from Lynchburg. Liberty U gives me the heebie jeebies... all those young people being shaped by their messages of bigotry and hatred.

Okay, so it's probably the opposite of Lawrence of Arabia, but I've been to a few of the Rifftrax events. The next one is the original Night of the Living Dead, and I cannot wait! Yes, I am that cultured! 8-)

Oh, I'm culturally open-minded - I miss MST3K and I've considered buying some of the RiffTrax downloads (especially the "other" 3 Star Wars movies, and Star Trek V). :lol: They really should do Sharknado (and Tremors, my favorite B-movie of all time).

Now the Dove Foundation has awarded “Unstoppable†it’s highest, five-out-of-five rating and praised the film as “a movie that families everywhere need to see!â€

“Kirk Cameron’s film is an amazing look at the origins of suffering,†writes Dove reviewer Edwin L. Carpenter. “The likable Cameron shows a real sincerity as he visits a family that lost a teen son to death.

"Mom, I don't want to see the new Pixar, I want to learn about the ORIGINS OF SUFFERING." :shock:

I went to college an hour or two from Lynchburg. Liberty U gives me the heebie jeebies... all those young people being shaped by their messages of bigotry and hatred.

Have to agree that place gives me the heebie jeebies also. A old teacher of mine his son is now going there. (I think his son is the 1st in his school (public) to want to go their.)

Whats the connection to Liberty? Why them and not BYU or some Comfort approved place? Did he just sell out to thehighest only bidder? He certainly seems to have jumped in with both feet and I'm missing the connection.

Archived