IGNORED

Meredith's new baby

Hisey

I knew her baby was due this month, and I guess, judging from this post, that it has arrived.

Meredith Hammer

Is anyone familiar with an off-post pediatrician (or urologist, perhaps) in the area who will perform a circumcision on a newborn without the baby being their patient? Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ft-Bragg ... arget_id=0

For those who are interested, the public facebook page "fort bragg wives" has other posts by Meredith. Her is one from 2011:

We are PCSing to Ft. Bragg in the spring once my husband completes Ranger School. He has his tentative orders for Bragg but won't receive his official orders until he finishes Ranger School. We would like to live on-post but can't apply for housing until we have official orders. Basically, we won't be able to be placed on the housing wait list until we are just a few days from moving. Is there any provision for families in this situation or does this mean we will need to move somewhere temporarily in Fayetteville while waiting for on-post housing to become available? I would really appreciate any advice or previous experiences.

Refresh my memory...they sound vaguely familiar. What's their story? IIRC she was super young when she got married, and Mr. Hammer is kind of MRA-ish?

Very cute baby.

Refresh my memory...they sound vaguely familiar. What's their story? IIRC she was super young when she got married, and Mr. Hammer is kind of MRA-ish?

I wrote a very tongue in cheek summary of Meredith Ivy nee Alexander and Steven J. Hammer for the SOTDRT Who's Who section here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=15315

Steven J. Hammer gives me the rip roaring heebie jeebies. He is a good example of Fundies/Dominionists infiltrating the US military.

ETA link: instituteforscienceandhumanvalues.com/articles/religious%20discrimination%20military.htm

I can still see it. She has changed her cover photo since this morning.

Her Facebook page is no longer accessible.

I had to log in to see anything. (She's not my FB friend or anything so I don't know why, but when I logged on everything came up. I still don't understand Facebook...)

I had to log in to see anything. (She's not my FB friend or anything so I don't know why, but when I logged on everything came up. I still don't understand Facebook...)

'Twill be a sad day indeed if FB starts showing people who's stalking them :)

And Meredith is looking more sophisticated than she did at her wedding. Not snarking, just commenting.

I've noticed in all her recent pics her style has become very politician's wife. She looks good but she's definitely dressing for a future role.

I've noticed in all her recent pics her style has become very politician's wife. She looks good but she's definitely dressing for a future role.

Yes, the sailboat photos. Gee, do you Kennedy much, Meredith? Also, she's favoring strands of pearls -- very Jackie O. Next thing you know, she'll be sporting pill box hats and fitted suits. She's going to have to start putting that hair up, though. That's a little too loose for a politician's wife.

It is interesting if she is deliberately emulating the Kennedy's because I couldn't see her family being big supporters. Too liberal and too Catholic as well as JFK's whole philandering issue. Then again, when she was planning her wedding she did say she wanted to model it after John & Jackie's wedding (big church ceremony followed by a reception in the country). Maybe Stephen is a big Kennedy fan. He's conservative now but he did grow up in a liberal family.

It is interesting if she is deliberately emulating the Kennedy's because I couldn't see her family being big supporters. Too liberal and too Catholic as well as JFK's whole philandering issue. Then again, when she was planning her wedding she did say she wanted to model it after John & Jackie's wedding (big church ceremony followed by a reception in the country). Maybe Stephen is a big Kennedy fan. He's conservative now but he did grow up in a liberal family.

Maybe they'd like to see themselves as "correcting" the Kennedys. Afterall, the haphazard lifestyle of the Kennedy family has certainly brought them much grief. So maybe she and Stephen are trying to look the part, but not take as many risks.

Yes, the sailboat photos. Gee, do you Kennedy much, Meredith? Also, she's favoring strands of pearls -- very Jackie O. Next thing you know, she'll be sporting pill box hats and fitted suits. She's going to have to start putting that hair up, though. That's a little too loose for a politician's wife.

Her everyday hair and outfits look entirely more polished than her wedding getup, which I find a little surprising. (Her wedding dress still makes me cringe; it just LOOKS so cheap; while her wedding hair looked like she messily threw it up in a bun disregarding all the stray baby hairs which could have been tamed with a little hair product). She's also wearing better makeup for everyday events than she wore at her wedding. Sure, her hair is a little long for a politician's wife, but the shift from frowsy-headed farm girl hair to Kate Middleton style tresses is a welcome change.

It makes me wonder the extent to which Stephen is playing Pygmalion by suggesting these changes to her appearance. I also wonder if they're going to stop at having a few kids, or are going to go all-out quiverfull. Her mom is a QF-er, right? It would explain the huge range of ages in their children. Stephen doesn't seem to be the type, but then again, he's proven himself a devoted student of the religious right, so I wonder if a certain number of children is part of his political strategy.

Her everyday hair and outfits look entirely more polished than her wedding getup, which I find a little surprising. (Her wedding dress still makes me cringe; it just LOOKS so cheap; while her wedding hair looked like she messily threw it up in a bun disregarding all the stray baby hairs which could have been tamed with a little hair product). She's also wearing better makeup for everyday events than she wore at her wedding. Sure, her hair is a little long for a politician's wife, but the shift from frowsy-headed farm girl hair to Kate Middleton style tresses is a welcome change.

It makes me wonder the extent to which Stephen is playing Pygmalion by suggesting these changes to her appearance. I also wonder if they're going to stop at having a few kids, or are going to go all-out quiverfull. Her mom is a QF-er, right? It would explain the huge range of ages in their children. Stephen doesn't seem to be the type, but then again, he's proven himself a devoted student of the religious right, so I wonder if a certain number of children is part of his political strategy.

My prediction for children for them will be 4. Not to many, not too few.

Her hair is really pretty, and I guess you're right, Kate Middleton has made long hair stylish for now (but it has to be GOOD long hair, which both Kate and Meredith have). No stringy long tresses that imply not enough self-care.

I don't think that Meredith knows anything about president Kennedy's politics. She just loves the style.

For some reason a lot of fundie wives seems to think that Jackie was the perfect wife and a great role model. I guess they missed that she lost her virginity in an elevator before she was married, turned a blind eye to her husband's affairs as long as the f-i-l paid her and then remarried a greek with a terrible reputation, got photographed full frontal skinnydipping in Greece and had a prenup that stated how many nights per year she had to sleep in the same room as her husband. Ah yes, marital bliss. (Or so the gossipy biographies say...)

Meredith looks very Kate Middleton, much more polished than on her wedding photos.

Jackie Kennedy looked great on the outside and back then, that was all that mattered if you were a First Lady. And there's a reason why her autobiography was set to be released 100 years after her death, or so the story goes.

Here are the pics from her family's blog:

alexanderadventuresfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/wedding.html

There were more on Meredith's blog but she recently made it private. It has been speculated it's because Stephen does not want some of her past entries to cause problems if he runs for office in the future.

It appears his name is John (comment on the cover photo). "Jobby" could be how their toddler says Johnny?

Aaw... I don't think her wedding dress looked cheap so much as outdated. It looks a lot like my aunt's dress from her huge fancy Italian Catholic wedding in 1990.

Archived