IGNORED

Gretchen admits she doesn't have a Perfect Life

I spent my teen years reaching for that elusive bit of a perfect life that I could control. Perfect rules. Perfect standards. Perfect relationships. And I knew that when I grew up, I’d have the perfect children, the perfect home, the perfect schedule.

But here I was, in the middle of a far from perfect home, staring at the oldest of those anything but perfect children. Listening to her version of perfection. So like mine was (and too often is). So based on externals.

This is a recent post from her personal blog. In light of a past thread discussing Gretchen's avoidance of admitting that her life and beliefs are anything but perfect, I found this interesting and amusing.

HOLY SHIT WHAT?!?!

That is to say, I am thrilled to bits that Gretchen has finally admitted that following the "formula" perfectly does not guarantee a perfect life.

Perhaps they can mention something about the lack of perfection in Godly obedient did-everything-right women's lives on Kindred Grace.

I should probably cut Gretchen and Co. some slack, but I really do think that YLCF and that godawful "Courtship Stories" subsite did a hell of a lot of damage to young women looking for friends and guidance. I think even Gretchen and Co. realize it.

Archived