IGNORED

FRC Orders Boycott of Betty Crocker

FloraKitty35

I was reading the Advocate and came across this story about Tony Perkins wanting to boycott Betty Crocker and General Mills, because they support marriage equality. Here is the link: http://www.advocate.com/business/2013/0 ... ding-cakes

Since Smuggar is employed (the term is only loosely applied) by FRC, I have included a link to all of the General Mills products Smuggar can't have anymore. http://www.generalmills.com/brands/baki ... 0page.aspx[link=][/link]

I was reading the Advocate and came across this story about Tony Perkins wanting to boycott Betty Crocker and General Mills, because they support marriage equality. Here is the link: http://www.advocate.com/business/2013/0 ... ding-cakes

Since Smuggar is employed (the term is only loosely applied) by FRC, I have included a link to all of the General Mills products Smuggar can't have anymore. http://www.generalmills.com/brands/baki ... 0page.aspx[link=][/link]

This may turn Smugs into a *gasp* cake-eatin' liberal! I believe I can hear his wails of despair already. He'll be hoarding cans of frosting in his garage.

I'm pretty sure this boycott is going to be a rousing success :p.

That would be hilarious if he couldn't eat any of that. I'm also pretty sure a couple of those products have sponsored 19KAC, or we have seen the Duggars using them.

What I don't understand is how they are dumb enough to think this will actually happen. No one is giving up their goodies for a cause that has no chance in hell of working. Other than fundies, they can't even get the rest of the republicans behind them on this, even the anti-gay ones, because they are all about big business and General Mills is a force to be reckoned with.

I should not have looked at the product list because now I am hungry and realize I have way too many General Mills products I need to actually eat.

We all know how good the fundies are at boycotting Apple, I don't see this one going anywhere either :lol:

I agree. With Apple, their support of marriage equality and gay rights have been known for years. I think some fundies don't know about Apple's support, but I know Joshie boy at least knows because someone mentioned on his IG last year.

F that noise. Even if I was fundie, I wouldn't/couldn't give up Betty Crocker. They make gluten-free cake and cookie mixes (and gluten-free bisquick) that aren't half bad and don't taste like sugared cardboard and don't cost $7 for a box.

I'm about to get on my soapbox here, so pardon me. I think we should tell fundies if they're so against gay rights and gay marriage, to stop using their computers. Why? Alan Turing, a computer scientist who is pretty much the father of computers, was gay.

So yeah, thanks to an awesome gay guy, we now have computers, the internet, etc. (Even though the internet was created by the gov't originally, without computers, there would be no internet!)

I'm about to get on my soapbox here, so pardon me. I think we should tell fundies if they're so against gay rights and gay marriage, to stop using their computers. Why? Alan Turing, a computer scientist who is pretty much the father of computers, was gay.

So yeah, thanks to an awesome gay guy, we now have computers, the internet, etc. (Even though the internet was created by the gov't originally, without computers, there would be no internet!)

Reminds me of Eric Allman's quote on Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Allman

"There is some sort of perverse pleasure in knowing that it's basically impossible to send a piece of hate mail through the Internet without its being touched by a gay program. That's kind of funny."

Feeling hungry for a yellow cake with chocolate frosting right now...

In my circle of friends, that cake, frosted while hot, is and always will be known as 'Sloppy Dyke Cake'. Its a favorite!

The better reason to boycott General Mills is that they are owned by Nestle http://babymilkaction.org/nestlefree

Not true. Nestle produces some General Mills cereals in the UK under license , but not in the US. General Mills is not owned by Nestle. Perhaps General Mills should not partner with Nasty, I mean Nestle, but one company does not own the other.

To be honest, I'm not sure how much good the boycott of Nestle is -and I've been boycotting Nestle for more than 30 years. It does make it easier for Lactavists to pat ourselves on the back. Maybe if more people boycotted Nestle and not just for their production of artificial infant milks, the boycott would bear more fruit. I'm also concerned for their taking over our water supplies for profit. Witness what has happened in Poland Spring, Maine and in British Columbia. I know in Poland Spring Nestle wanted to license the town's water for 40 years. Meanwhile, the town would not access to that water and would have to tap into a water supply from the town dump. The effort against Nestle in Poland Spring was led by an 11-year old boy.

Reminds me of Eric Allman's quote on Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Allman

"There is some sort of perverse pleasure in knowing that it's basically impossible to send a piece of hate mail through the Internet without its being touched by a gay program. That's kind of funny."

That is a fabulous quote.

Archived