IGNORED

Lousewife - Is Domesticity Dull?

JesusFightClub

Yes, it actually is.

:lol: That's exactly the first thought that came to my mind when I read the subject title.

And how she equates some of the other things mentioned necessarily with domesticity, I have no idea.

Oh, man, it iiiiiiis. I'm a stay at home mom of two small kids and a gestating fetus, and some days are brutal. My husband went out of state for a funeral for a few days and since I'm new to the area still I went for 4 days without talking to an adult. I considered chewing off my own leg to see if it might help. Then I remembered I'd just have to clean up the mess.

Oh, man, it iiiiiiis. I'm a stay at home mom of two small kids and a gestating fetus, and some days are brutal. My husband went out of state for a funeral for a few days and since I'm new to the area still I went for 4 days without talking to an adult. I considered chewing off my own leg to see if it might help. Then I remembered I'd just have to clean up the mess.

:lol: I am sorry...truly I am, but you did make me laugh.

**side note** It sounds like she was high when she wrote that. And everyyyythingggg was all magical colors :evil-eye:

Once upon a time my friend & I were in hysterical fits of laughter for ages because we came back from smoking a wizard bong in a park & there was a sewing machine in her parents kitchen. Who needs comedy when you can get high & then see an appliance?!

I would like to be a stay at home mom but I would like to sew and craft and learn and go to groups and go to yoga classes. I'd like to enjoy the bonding and the comfort of our home. Again, it's only a picture in my head so please be so kind and overlook my naivité :D

Yes, it is dull. Which is why I'm president of the neighborhood association, volunteer as a court advocate with the police department, and serve on a few not-for-profit boards. Oh, also, I started a business.

**side note** It sounds like she was high when she wrote that. And everyyyythingggg was all magical colors :evil-eye:

She was totally staring at her hands and saying, "You know what sounds weird when you say it over and over again? Boring. Boring boring boring. Boooooorrrrrrriiiiiiing." Then she cracked up and went to get a sub sandwich at Jimmy Johns.

Once upon a time my friend & I were in hysterical fits of laughter for ages because we came back from smoking a wizard bong in a park & there was a sewing machine in her parents kitchen. Who needs comedy when you can get high & then see an appliance?!

This post is a thing of beauty. :D

I don't normally have anything to do with weed, so I vividly recall the last time I did. I was living in a dodgy area at the time and there was a guy being arrested. I was absolutely stupidly fascinated by this. I sat on the kerb and watched and provided a running commentary while they searched him and read him his rights and it was sort of like TV! Happening Right Here Right Now!

(Looking back on it, it's amazing I wasn't lifted too).

This post is a thing of beauty. :D

I don't normally have anything to do with weed, so I vividly recall the last time I did. I was living in a dodgy area at the time and there was a guy being arrested. I was absolutely stupidly fascinated by this. I sat on the kerb and watched and provided a running commentary while they searched him and read him his rights and it was sort of like TV! Happening Right Here Right Now!

(Looking back on it, it's amazing I wasn't lifted too).

JFC I did that on 'shrooms, only it was to a friend of mine running around the yard shouting "I'm running at the speed of light!!!" and ended with him running into a tree...cartoon style with the trunk between his legs :lol:

Wayyyyy back in the '70s, a male columnist made a dismissive comment about women who "decided to go out and get jobs just because the ironing basket got too full." I remember having thought, "Well, hell--that sounds like a DAMN good reason to go out and get a job! It would be WAY more interesting than housework--and they pay you, too!"

I love these guys who simultaneously think that Being a Housewife is precious, all-important work--and a racket (because you need a man for financial support) at the same time.

Archived