IGNORED

Wrap Your Frozen Meatballs in Canned Biscuits

nelliebelle1197

If you really want to serve wrapped meatballs, there are so many better looking, yummier-sounding recipes floating around on Pinterest. My feed seems to be bombarded with them daily.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: :lol: :lol: With loops perhaps for those heavier days?

My sister went on a US/UK teacher exchange programme in the 80's. Do they still do those?

Anyways it was the 80's so she went to an aerobics class where the instructor yelled EVERYBODY ON YOUR FANNY. Yup... she lay face down on the floor.

My personal favorite story was from a trip that I took to Japan with my family, and we had a British guide. My dad asked her where he could find a clothing store with clothes big enough to fit him (he's 6'6"), because he had somehow forgotten to pack any spare pants. The young, female guide looked politely horrified to hear about my dad's lack of underwear, when of course, what he needed was extra trousers.

The "beauty shot" of the unbaked meatballs looks like a pan of uncircumcised penises.

Where's the vanilla vodka cocktail and the Kwanzaa cake with corn nuts???

Don't forget the tablescape.

Biscuit is not a dumpling although some people cut up canned biscuits and flatten them and use them in place of dumplings. I think scones are somewhere in between biscuit and muffin. I've had some scones made in the US that weren't quite right and were almost a muffin. Conversely, on a recent trip I had some muffins that were super low sugar and were almost scones. I should have gotten the recipe though because I liked them. I can make good biscuits and good muffins but so far I have not made good scones.

And by muffin I mean a US muffin not an "English muffin" as they are called here. This gets quite tangly doesn't it?

I still find the whole meatball in a canned biscuit disgusting and I don't want to be within five feet of jarred "Alfredo" sauce.

As for Chicken a la King, I grew up knowing it as what you do with leftover chicken and nothing one would ever serve to company. My father loathed it so it what something for the kids and women. I'm not saying that to be snobbish. It was with amazement that I saw on a TV show that it was considered a major company dish. My mother had a somewhat limited recipe list so generally the same main resulted in the same use of the leftovers.

Don't forget the tablescape.

Whoot! Tablescape starts at 1:09

Xs4zGujcSaA

I wondered about that, too, because my alfredo is just cream and butter boiled together until they become as one, then copious amounts of freshly grated parmesan. I looked at the ingredients on a jar of Alfredo sauce once and I remember it was a very long list and included modified food starch and xanthan gum. yum.

Exactly. ;)

My personal favorite story was from a trip that I took to Japan with my family, and we had a British guide. My dad asked her where he could find a clothing store with clothes big enough to fit him (he's 6'6"), because he had somehow forgotten to pack any spare pants. The young, female guide looked politely horrified to hear about my dad's lack of underwear, when of course, what he needed was extra trousers.

My mother moved to the US from Scotland about 20 years ago and generally does quite well with the language barrier however one day I accompanied her to the hardware store where she was looking for a new handle for her stove. A handsome young salesman asked if he could help her and she got very flustered and said "I need a knob for my cooker" Poor guy went bright red and started to stammer. My mother's accent got thicker and finally I had to step in with the translation. We haven't let her forget about it!

My mother moved to the US from Scotland about 20 years ago and generally does quite well with the language barrier however one day I accompanied her to the hardware store where she was looking for a new handle for her stove. A handsome young salesman asked if he could help her and she got very flustered and said "I need a knob for my cooker" Poor guy went bright red and started to stammer. My mother's accent got thicker and finally I had to step in with the translation. We haven't let her forget about it!

\

I just love your Mum too much. Haha. Knobs are penis :lol:

Douche though was a revelation. It is just. Not. Something. I never got the douche insult until I found out that blowing raspberry smelling squirts was a thing. I still do not get why that is an acceptable insult.

Douchebag? An item a US or other culture who uses this for whatever vagina cleansing. Then it is ok to use it as an insult? Sounds a bit iffy to me. Squirting any chemical up your vagina is not good but strangely nobody thinks douchebag is a bad term. Am I missing something?

Sometimes acceptable terms to one culture seem weird to another.

I think "douche" became an insult when medical evidence that douching is more harm than help became widely known. In addition, there's the feminist perspective that we shouldn't have to behave as if we were naturally so disgusting that we must douse every part of our bodies in perfume. So a douche is a person who dumps their opinions on other people all the time and makes trouble while pretending to helpful. A douchebag is an even more useless jerk and a douchecanoe is really working at it.

I am so glad you are enjoying the recipes!

Just wanted to chime in on this meatball bastardization of the proud sausage roll. I lived in London for a time and my favorite thing in the world was a toasty hot sausage roll. My job was in the City and there was little shop just off my Tube stop at Liverpool Street. I would buy a roll or two every day to much on at work. I kept one in my drawer.

My kiwi husband bragged on the NZ rolls but alas, they do not equal the English.

As to biscuits: I am a Southerner (US version) stretching back to the Carolina colony in 1690. I know me a biscuit. It is made by your grandma with lard or Crisco and baked in a cast iron skillet. It has dairy butter melting on it, not chemicals stuck in the dough, and it is best eaten hot and fresh and dripping straight from the cast iron skillet. It does not come in a can and cannot suffer the indignity of coatings with jarred alfredo.

I am saddened by this "recipe" and fear for the children.

I've always said that a truly liberated woman is one who can go into a plumbing supply store and ask for a ballcock assembly without blushing or smirking.

That didn't SOUND so bad on the Fundie Food Scale, kinda like Pigs in a Blanket, but the pictures... Bad lighting, weird textures, and copious amounts of white sauce. Now, where have I seen that before?

On my dinner table right now? I used skim milk in my mac and cheese. :|

I will say that wrapping mozzarella sticks in crescent dough and rolling 'em in garlic butter is to die for. Beyond that, I don't like much of the frozen dough industry.

Without the Alfredo sauce, I would probably eat this.

But then, I am a weirdo. Velveeta is my favorite "cheese".

ETA: I don't like the texture of fresh green beans. I only eat canned ones. But like I said, I am a weirdo.

If this is what years of training as a SAHD to get your "Ph.D. in homemaking" gets you, I'm glad I didn't go that route. I like to prepare food that I find edible.

Yes and it's "Bon appétit" ;)

Bon Appetite, bon appetit (pretend the e has a forward accent)... that recipe deserves a comment more like "bon appe-pew." :ew:

If this is what years of training as a SAHD to get your "Ph.D. in homemaking" gets you, I'm glad I didn't go that route. I like to prepare food that I find edible.

Yes, this! My worldly self, who had to learn cooking mostly from the backs of boxes and The Joy, just made a pan of raspberry brownies from scratch and a pan of scalloped potatoes au gratin ditto. When I get back up, I'll boil some fresh broccoli. It's cheap food, it's easy food, it's good food. Unless you are so swamped for time that you have to pay extra for prepackaged processed ick,* there is no excuse for frozen meatballs 'n' whomp biscuits. (In Alfredo sauce from a jar. Iiiiiiiiiiiick.)

*Or unless that's what came from the food bank and you have to use it up. But still--!

Without the Alfredo sauce, I would probably eat this.

But then, I am a weirdo. Velveeta is my favorite "cheese".

ETA: I don't like the texture of fresh green beans. I only eat canned ones. But like I said, I am a weirdo.

I love Velveeta also. My mother never bought it when I was a kid but I used to eat giant hunks from the fridge of the family I babysat for.

For "fancy" family get togethers one of my aunts makes an appetizer with frozen meatballs cooked in the crockpot with grape jelly and spicy barbecue sauce. It sounds really gross but it's delicious in a trashy American way.

I love Velveeta also. My mother never bought it when I was a kid but I used to eat giant hunks from the fridge of the family I babysat for.

For "fancy" family get togethers one of my aunts makes an appetizer with frozen meatballs cooked in the crockpot with grape jelly and spicy barbecue sauce. It sounds really gross but it's delicious in a trashy American way.

I sometimes make a similar thing with frozen meatballs and a grape jelly sauce for parties, and it's actually pretty good. I also like taking those meatballs and mixing them with tomato sauce to make sandwiches.

I also like Velveeta, as it reminds me of camping at a lake where we used the stuff as bait, and since the knife was only kept with the Velveeta, I would occasionally sneak a piece for myself. It actually worked well as bait in the freshwater lake.

Archived