IGNORED

Wrap Your Frozen Meatballs in Canned Biscuits

nelliebelle1197

and top with jarred Ragu Alfredo.

Yeah, seriously. And this is an educated woman. Who believes in creationism.

meghancarver.blogspot.com/2013/09/fall-comfort-food-wrapped-meatballs.html

Full disclosure: I am terrified of cheese products that can be called "products" and do not require refrigeration.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That didn't SOUND so bad on the Fundie Food Scale, kinda like Pigs in a Blanket, but the pictures... Bad lighting, weird textures, and copious amounts of white sauce. Now, where have I seen that before?

Oh, come on. Compared to ttc this is practically haute cuisine. You actually need some time and a skerrick of dexterity to wrap those meat balls.

I think it was the fake butter pods in the biscuits and the jarred Ragu that got me!

Besides, food always makes a killer thread on here!

::shudders quietly:: I can't even begin to go there thinking about what a disaster that would be.

The "beauty shot" of the unbaked meatballs looks like a pan of uncircumcised penises.

Where's the vanilla vodka cocktail and the Kwanzaa cake with corn nuts???

Are those canned green beans on the side? In late summer when fresh vegetables are at their most abundant? Or did she just cook the ever-lovin'-shite out of fresh beans. Either way, an abomination.

Are those canned green beans on the side? In late summer when fresh vegetables are at their most abundant? Or did she just cook the ever-lovin'-shite out of fresh beans. Either way, an abomination.

There was nothing not processed in the entire recipe.

And I liked the money shot with the finished product.

That didn't SOUND so bad on the Fundie Food Scale, kinda like Pigs in a Blanket, but the pictures... Bad lighting, weird textures, and copious amounts of white sauce. Now, where have I seen that before?

Pr0n?

OK, This is making my grandmother roll over in her grave and the southern girl in me shudder. It looks like a slapped together Yankified version of biscuits and sausage gravy.

edited for riffles

They're basically sausage rolls. Which are fine for funerals, or children's birthday parties. And should never be served with white sauce :evil-eye: or canned green beens.

I recently talked to a woman at the grocery store and she was making frozen meatballs with jarred Alfredo for dinner. At least canned biscuts wasn't mentioned.

They're basically sausage rolls. Which are fine for funerals, or children's birthday parties. And should never be served with white sauce :evil-eye: or canned green beens.

Yeah, only with tomato sauce & only an acceptable dinner for the under 10 set.

On the completely oppisite end of the spectrum, I made kale chips for the first time a few days ago. They taste like 'junk' food but are full of vitamin A & C. Totally unprocessed (if you don't count olive oil). :character-oldtimer:

I think it was the fake butter pods in the biscuits and the jarred Ragu that got me!

Besides, food always makes a killer thread on here!

:lol: :lol:

At least there was no onions in this recipe. Or lentils 8-)

Anyone else notice that she said how easy it was for her two kids to make, meaning, kids make dinner so she doesn't have to?

Ok I looked. I see balls covered in white stuff and it makes me .........teenagery?

Anyway. Biscuit? I am sure I have asked this before, a biscuit is basically a Scone yes? Scone being the thing you have with currants in or with cream and clotted cream, savoury being cheese or a variation? Scone being basically flour, butter, milk?

Sausage roll is sausage meat in pastry here. Pastry being flour, fat of your choice and water? Pigs in blankets here are sausage wrapped in bacon. BIZARRE the differences we have in food.

Now bear with my foreign palate. She has basically wrapped god knows what frozen meat thing in a cake and covered it in semen I mean 'Alfredo' sauce. (I have never heard of Alfredo sauce, I just call it butter and parmesan.)

So to recap we have unknown meat covered in cake covered in butter and parmesan. I'm seriously not tempted :lol:

Ok I looked. I see balls covered in white stuff and it makes me .........teenagery?

Anyway. Biscuit? I am sure I have asked this before, a biscuit is basically a Scone yes? Scone being the thing you have with currants in or with cream and clotted cream, savoury being cheese or a variation? Scone being basically flour, butter, milk?

Sausage roll is sausage meat in pastry here. Pastry being flour, fat of your choice and water? Pigs in blankets here are sausage wrapped in bacon. BIZARRE the differences we have in food.

Now bear with my foreign palate. She has basically wrapped god knows what frozen meat thing in a cake and covered it in semen I mean 'Alfredo' sauce. (I have never heard of Alfredo sauce, I just call it butter and parmesan.)

So to recap we have unknown meat covered in cake covered in butter and parmesan. I'm seriously not tempted :lol:

Biscuit makes my brain stop working for a moment. Because obviously this kind doesn't belong perched on the edge of my tea cup.

It seems like they are more of a bread dumping than a scone.

Wow that sounds disgusting... Since I'm French and tough a food snob :lol: , I don't comment a lot on food subjects, but this one is too much !

How something where you put together horribly processed food (canned biscuits ?!?) together can be called a recipe, or homemade ?

That's beyond my comprehension :think:

The canned dough they sell in Canada is a wee bit sweet but it is not cake and tastes more like (in a chemically way) like a challah bread. Alfredo sauce is mostly cream and butter with parmesan and some garlic so not quite just butter and parmesan.

I have to agree I'm not tempted to eat what she has made but I have to admit that when I first had biscuits and sausage and gravy made by a woman who was an excellent southern cook - it was a taste epiphany and I refused to leave her house until she had taught me how she made it.

Best Part: She suggests this as a dinner for company.

If you don't have the time to cook a meal that has at least 1 fresh item, maybe you shouldn't have company over.

I would die if I went to someone's for dinner and got this.

I make frozen meatballs in BBQ sauce sometimes or frozen meatballs and put them on sub bread with some daiya cheese melted on top. I like Ragu sauces and add some too at times. However, that type of meal is for me, a single person, or a quick meal for a family on the go or something. It's easy and quick. Serving it to others at a party as a meal is...bad hosting. Meatballs as an appetizer, but as a meal? On canned biscuits? With alfredo sauce? Why not just boil some pasta and throw the meatballs and alfredo sauce on it? At least that sounds more appetizing than alfredo sauce on canned biscuits.

Archived