IGNORED

Back to Homeschooling with the Duggars

homeschoolmomma1

Michelle, if your children are always reading, why are Jill and Josiah the only children I have seen with books? BTW, where do you hide the family's books?

Homeschooling routine? Hahahahahaha they travel so much its hard to believe they have any form of routine.

It doesnt give much in the way of information, but maybe Jessa was too busy herding howlers to give Michelle all the information of how the SOTDRT works.

How many times have we seen a Duggar kid read. Most of them seem to spend their days running wild and being dangerous. Also I imagine their science books are pathetic and do not have any actual science.

Michelle, if your children are always reading, why are Jill and Josiah the only children I have seen with books? BTW, where do you hide the family's books?

Does the TTH have bookcases? I can't remember seeing any....

After having just suffered through a major math meltdown with my homeschooled kid (skip counting for God's sake!), I blow huge raspberries in Michelle Duggar's direction. She wouldn't know a decent homeschool if it bit her in the ass.

I'm anticipating another major meltdown tomorrow, so excuse me if I'm a bit bitchy today; I'm about to start drinking to make it all better.

After having just suffered through a major math meltdown with my homeschooled kid (skip counting for God's sake!), I blow huge raspberries in Michelle Duggar's direction. She wouldn't know a decent homeschool if it bit her in the ass.

I'm anticipating another major meltdown tomorrow, so excuse me if I'm a bit bitchy today; I'm about to start drinking to make it all better.

Maybe Michelle could call up Ree Drummond-the Pioneer Woman-for some homeschooling and blogging and cooking tips! After all, she has a "reality" cooking show, four kids and has written a book. Plus, just lives a couple of states over and attends some type of Protestant church.

And here's this nugget: " And we’re actually remembering all this great stuff we have learned!"

What "great stuff" are you referring to Michelle???? And, specifically, what science books are your children reading??? And, why does YOUR homeschool schedule depend on the "season" of life? What difference does it mean if your have children driving; shouldn't YOU be scheduling your teaching day??? I think you need to call Teri Maxwell again and be reminded by her of how to schedule your homeschooling day!!!! Shame on you.

Maybe Michelle could call up Ree Drummond-the Pioneer Woman-for some homeschooling and blogging and cooking tips! After all, she has a "reality" cooking show, four kids and has written a book. Plus, just lives a couple of states over and attends some type of Protestant church.

I thought the Drummond kids were 'homeschooled' by a hired teacher or teachers?

(edited for grammatical error fix)

She essentially said nothing about how she home schools, just how they become legally cleared to home school.

I call 100% bullshit.

You'd think they'd have the decency to at least hire a tutor for the kids, I'm sure they could afford it.

I thought the Drummond kids were 'homeschooled by a hired teacher or teachers?

That's what I heard as well, but other reasons Michelle wouldn't want to deal with Ree Drummond is that she wears pants, and she only has 4 children so she's not living the fundie lifestyle.

I'll guess the science books are Creationist (like there's another kind...) Wisdom booklets and history books are the bible, stories about missionaries, and how the USA was founded as a Christian nation.

I think Arkansas requires that children take the standardized tests but there's no requirement that they pass them.

The article made no mention of Michelle specifically teaching, but twice a year or so she changes the times when her older, working, driving children are to learn their different subjects. Why can't they schedule themselves, assuming they're probably teaching themselves?

J'Chelle doesn't homeschool her kids. Jana, Jill Jessa and Jinger do. Stop spouting more BS, J'Chelle. Do you know how to tell the truth at all?

Someone should correct this....

parentables.howstuffworks.com/family-matters/back-homeschooling-duggars.html#mkcpgn=fbtlc1

Well, let's ask Gizoogle to help us out here!

"Question from a "19 Kidz n' Counting" hustla on Facebizzle: How tha fuck do you monitor how tha fuck tha lil playas is bustin wit cribschooling, biatch? Do they have tests dat they take every last muthafuckin year, biatch? And how tha fuck do tha lil playas feel bout goin “back ta school†up in tha fall?

In tha state of Arkansas, we take tests every last muthafuckin year just like tha hood school lil playas do, so all up in tha end of each school year, we will go n' take our standardized tests, n' you can put dat on yo' toast. Every state is different on how tha fuck they cribschool laws work yo, but we file our letter of intent ta cribschool all up in tha beginnin of each school year. Shiiit, dis aint no joke. We start up in August n' do a lil all up in tha summer, ta keep up wit thangs like noize lessons n' reading. My fuckin lil playas is always reading. They’re probably readin either science or history books -- keepin they mindz busy wit phat readin material, a shitload of biographies n' dat sort of stuff.

Our schedule chizzlez dependin on tha season of game dat we’re in. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Right now, we’ve gots a shitload of olda lil pimps dat is working, driving, n' comin n' going. Often, I'ma gotz a schedule on tha wall n' then six months later, I’ll switch it up a lil bit n' chizzle tha times dat they’re goin ta be practicin they noize or bustin they science, history, or law, etc. I switch it up just cuz it make it a lil bit mo' bangin-ass than always bustin tha same thang all up in tha same time. Usually our phat asses do breakfast, lunch n' dinner bout tha same time yo, but all dem other thangs can move round up in tha schedule fo' realz. And dat make it mo' funk fo' em.

Their excitement bout goin back ta school is probably tha same as any suckas’s kids. When they’re young, it’s always so bangin ta git back or at least git started on schoolwork. Da last time, they feel like big-ass lil playas n' they’re up in school. They’re just thrilled.

I be a gangsta yo, but y'all knew dat n' mah bigger ones dat done been all up in it year afta year peep it mo' like goin back ta tha grind. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! Once we’re up in dat routine, I can tell dem hoes straight-up is glad ta be back -- even though they might not say dat shiznit son! There is tha comfort of bein up in dat routine again. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. We’re checkin off our list. We’re accomplishin dis shiznit fo' realz. And we’re straight-up rememberin all dis pimped out shiznit our crazy asses have hustled dawwwg!

Have a funky-ass burnin question fo' Michelle Duggar? Send it ta her and it could step tha fuck up in a upcomin post playa!"

As a seasoned homeschooler, I, nor any other homeschooler I have ever known have ever changed the scheduled every six months just to switch things up and make it more interesting. Schedule changes come from the never ending search for a schedule that actually works. And we generally don't refer to what our kids are learning as "stuff."

That's what I heard as well, but other reasons Michelle wouldn't want to deal with Ree Drummond is that she wears pants, and she only has 4 children so she's not living the fundie lifestyle.

Wikipedia says she was raised Episcopalian, so that makes her almost a Catholic!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say that the Drummonds other option would be boarding school, which is cruel to send little kids to.

As a seasoned homeschooler, I, nor any other homeschooler I have ever known have ever changed the scheduled every six months just to switch things up and make it more interesting. Schedule changes come from the never ending search for a schedule that actually works. And we generally don't refer to what our kids are learning as "stuff."

The idea of changing our schedule now that we've got it to a workable place makes me want to cry. I can't imagine doing it for anything less than an emergency.

I should ask all the kids what they learn in school.... what their favorite subject is...

Calculating carbon payback time for fossils. Or the string theory.

J'Chelle doesn't homeschool her kids. Jana, Jill Jessa and Jinger do. Stop spouting more BS, J'Chelle. Do you know how to tell the truth at all?

She is living in a lie. Her whole life is a lie. Every time she speaks, she is convinced that she is telling the truth. She does believe that she is homeschooling by checking on her daughters doing the actual work. She has built a castle in the sky and she is living in there. And probably takes some meds, too.

Calculating carbon payback time for fossils. Or the string theory.

I was going to suggest advanced calculus, but now I'm betting on string theory.

Seriously, DO PEOPLE BELIEVE WRITING IN ALL CAPS MAKES ONE LOOK EDUCATED WHEN DISCUSSING HOMESCHOOLING THEIR CHILDREN??

The comments make my blood pressure rise.

Anna is homeschooling Mackynzie too. I hoped and prayed that she'd go to public school. Pretty soon she'll be teaching her siblings too. She's destined to be just like her J'Slave aunts. Only she'll be an M'Slave. You know that Smugger and Anna are sticking with the M theme now.

Archived