IGNORED

New TLC Special, "My Five Wives"

My overall impression of this show is that these are decent people. Whereas the Browns are pretty much all horrible people. Even so, I still see lots of jealousy, and it just doesn't feel healthy. I think all of Brady's families would have been good families if they were separate, but there's still something wrong with all of them together.

That is exactly my feeling. Every time one of them mentioned a problem I would think, "You wouldn't have this problem if you were in a monogamous relationship."

Brady finds 24 children a stretch to interact with daily.

A wife cries because her night is canceled because Brady has to write a paper.

Wife number 1 can't talk to wife number 4 about a minor detail without number 4 having a major hissy fit.

The six adults cannot begin to agree on where they would like to move.

All 5 wives have to have completely separate homes because even sharing laundry facilities is cause for strife.

It is a crazy lifestyle and the only positive thing I heard anyone say about polygamy is one of the wives saying how much she loved her big family. You can still have a big family without sharing a husband. People with close ties to siblings and parents and grandparents often have big family dinners every Sunday night and cousins can be as close as siblings.

And I'm beginning to suspect that Brady is not as nice as he pretends. He can't be bothered to remember individual details about his wives. When he took wife number 2 out to lunch to make up for studying instead of sleeping with her, he could not remember that she doesn't like shrimp-- even though they have been married for 21 years!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched last night's episode. Brady's dad is a hoot! TLC should give *him* a show. Hippie-like, Big Foot-hunting, empty nest plygs...I'd watch that begore another season of Sister Wives.

I get the feeling that most of these wives just aren't happy, especially the 2nd wife with the long blonde hair. I can't remember her name. This show seems to show more of the trouble side of plyg life. It seems a little more realistic than the Brown's. I definitely like Brady better than Kody. I can't stand kody at all.

I get the feeling that most of these wives just aren't happy, especially the 2nd wife with the long blonde hair. I can't remember her name. This show seems to show more of the trouble side of plyg life. It seems a little more realistic than the Brown's. I definitely like Brady better than Kody. I can't stand kody at all.

I also believe them more than the Browns when they say that they actually like each other. I don't think Nonie nor Paulie are happy, but I still think they're good people. They just live in a shit culture.

I definitely like this family quite a bit more than the Browns. I realize that a lot of this is probably for the cameras, but I kind of appreciated the discussion they had about birth control on camera and the wine tasting night that four of the wives had. It just shows that they are more laid back than the Browns. I find them more relatable, as relatable as polygamists can be to a monogamist, anyway. Totally agree that Brady's dad was hilarious and maybe a little crazy. That said, I was a little taken aback by Brady and Rhonda's "vacation." If that was the only vacation I was going to have one-on-one with my husband for a long time--or possibly ever--I'm not sure I would want to go hang with his parents for a week. Of course, Rhonda didn't seem bothered by that, so more power to her I guess! I am definitely not interested in the adoption storyline they have going.

I definitely like this family quite a bit more than the Browns. I realize that a lot of this is probably for the cameras, but I kind of appreciated the discussion they had about birth control on camera and the wine tasting night that four of the wives had. It just shows that they are more laid back than the Browns.

I think the reason for this difference in openness and alcohol is that the Browns are still part of a Mormon religion, and are more conservative as a result. Mormonism bans any type of 'drug' consumption, including alcohol. Brady's family has left their faith and don't have to follow those rules.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I have been remiss in letting everyone know that we have a new recapper! (I'm not entirely sure that's a proper word, but if fundies can use convicted the way they do, I can use recapper :shifty-kitty: )

So jinjy2, kindly volunteered to do some recaps for us and her first one is posted on the blog here: http://blog.freejinger.org/my-five-wive ... episode-4/

Obviously, it's about My Five Wives :) You can discuss here or there is a brand spanking new thread in Worldly Discussions set up for you, now that we have someone to recap the series for us, which you can find here: http://www.freejinger.org/forums/viewto ... 14&t=21415

Jinjy2 is also considering recapping Sister Wives and Once Upon a Time, so you may want to throw some love to either of those shows if you want recaps for either of them and let her know.

Does seem to be a thread or site for Sister Wives anymore, so I thought I'd post this here. Janelle posted a pic on her Twitter in which I SWEAR Robin has a baby bump. Not sure how or if I can paste a photo here, but it's on her Twitter in a group photo... :o

Does seem to be a thread or site for Sister Wives anymore, so I thought I'd post this here. Janelle posted a pic on her Twitter in which I SWEAR Robin has a baby bump. Not sure how or if I can paste a photo here, but it's on her Twitter in a group photo... :o

I just saw that…the purple shirt is not doing her any favors if she is not! :shock:

Archived