IGNORED

16 annoying House Hunters cliches

AuntCloud

Imagine my shock when I turned on HGTV this afternoon and they were showing actual design shows! OK, they weren't Candace Olsen, Sarah Richardson, or David Bromstad, but they were design shows about designing with flea market finds.

Imagine my shock when I turned on HGTV this afternoon and they were showing actual design shows! OK, they weren't Candace Olsen, Sarah Richardson, or David Bromstad, but they were design shows about designing with flea market finds.

For realz? Amazing, and my confidence in HGTV may be restored. No one needs those inane "million dollar rooms" shows anyway.

For realz? Amazing, and my confidence in HGTV may be restored. No one needs those inane "million dollar rooms" shows anyway.

Unfortunately, this afternoon is was back to more House Hunters and House Hunters International and the morning was devoted to For Rent. I did read on the HGTV message board a while ago that some of the design shows especially Sabrina Soto's The High/Lo Project really shows how cheap the designs are when it's in hi-def. I don't know if that's true since they haven't showed that much of that particular show since we had HD TV.

I didn't think this quite merited its own thread since it's just a one-off laugh, and this seemed the most appropriate place for it.

Heather has a blog, justagirlwithahammer.com where she documents fixing up her house and garden. Her house hunting was featured on HGTV's "My First Place."

justagirlwithahammer.com/2009/09/househunting-and-reveal.html

Anyways, I hadn't read in a while and was going through the September archives when I saw she posted this entry about a very prolific agave plant.

justagirlwithahammer.com/2013/09/the-michelle-duggar-of-agaves.html

Now all her agaves have crazy J-names, like Jobber and Jambalaya. :lol:

I sputtered plantain chips all over my screen when I read her blog post - I think I want to marry her now!

Hurray to Jam-Jam, Junk and Jerky. When these plantlets have their own offspring, will she give them M-names?

And thekate, are you retaliating for the WTNW thread? I'll have to delve into her blog now, which means nothing will get done around the house this afternoon. However, just so I can have the last word: addicted2decorating.com.

Archived