IGNORED

Candy Hates Fun

nelliebelle1197

Candy the Joyless Homemaker posts a screed against fun at school and proves she is a souless, joyless Scrooge and has been since birth:

joyfulchristianhomemaking.com/

I mean seriously, learning aids for kid should not be fun? Youth groups are bad? The point of the whole post is to promote FICs. But lacking a coherent thesis and critical thought it becomes a Maxwellian anti-fun diatribe! :evil-eye:

Oh yeah, I remember her. I read her anti-Christmas and anti-Easter posts recently. She's a barrel of laughs.

She even outdoes the Maxwells in her attitude towards fun, if you can believe it. Even they celebrate Christmas, and to a lesser degree, Resurrection Sunday (aka Easter, for the heathens among us).

Her wallpaper is ok. It is kind of cute and a fun print. How ironic for given the depressing shit on that page. Joyful my ass.

Wait a minute! Back up the truck here.

Anyone else look at her reading list in the sidebar?

Urine Therapy?

I read that screed yesterday and just laughed. Cray-cray Candy strikes again. :cray-cray: :cray-cray:

She doesn't seem to understand that it's not an either-or proposition. Kids can have fun with their friends at youth group AND still attend the normal service and holy cow, believe it or not, be nurtured in their faith by their parents at home.

I've been on both sides of this fence. When our kids were little, we were in a small but great Orthodox parish. They were always in the Liturgy with us from the time they were babes in arms (Liturgies are actually pretty great for babies and toddlers because there is a lot going on through the whole thing and it tends to keep their interest). There weren't any specific groups or classes for little kids, and that was fine with me.

Now, they are teenagers. There is no parish in our city and we are attending a Baptist church for now. My kids have had a BLAST at youth and have made what will probably be lifelong friends. They're in the youth choir and got to go on a tour this summer - they performed and also did a lot of work to help tornado victims in OKC. They also get good teaching. They have a new youth director who looks like he's going to be awesome. There is no way I'd take all that away from them for some ridiculous sense of FAMILY ONLY. We homeschool for crying out loud, they're already with me all day every day - they don't need to be glued to my side at church too!

Wait a minute! Back up the truck here.

Anyone else look at her reading list in the sidebar?

Urine Therapy?

I missed that on her reading list.

I found this (from Wikipedia, so take it for what it's worth);

Christianity

Some advocates believe that the Bible recommends urine therapy. A verse in Proverbs (Proverbs 5:15) advises: "Drink waters from thy own cistern, flowing water from thy own well."[9] However, subsequent verses contain warnings against adultery, and advice for husbands to stay faithful; hence the interpretation of this verse as a literary device or analogy.[10

She seems nutty enough to believe this.

Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Not only is Candy as miserable as the Maxwells, she also drinks her own pee.

As literalist as she is, you'd think that she'd understand drinking from your own cistern or well means exactly that: your own cistern or well, not your own damn body. For crying out loud.

I missed that on her reading list.

I found this (from Wikipedia, so take it for what it's worth);

Christianity

Some advocates believe that the Bible recommends urine therapy. A verse in Proverbs (Proverbs 5:15) advises: "Drink waters from thy own cistern, flowing water from thy own well."[9] However, subsequent verses contain warnings against adultery, and advice for husbands to stay faithful; hence the interpretation of this verse as a literary device or analogy.[10

She seems nutty enough to believe this.

Wow. They take every other thing literally, but think that waters = piss and well / cistern = bladder?

I don't think she necessarily got urine therapy from this interprettion in the bible. It's a fad that pops up from time to time in alternative/crunchy circles and is touted as another miracle cure. And Candy is the person to buy into any alternative fad, she did post about curing cancer with apricot kernels, remedy vision problems with some strange glasses with cutouts to "train" the eye and healing brown recluse bites with hot water. Not counting the usual anti-vax rants and home-made antibiotics and other insane things I can't remember.

At a German forum for long hair there was or maybe still is, eek!) a topic about washing your hair with your own urine to cure scalp problems.

At a German forum for long hair there was or maybe still is, eek!) a topic about washing your hair with your own urine to cure scalp problems.

What, um, what sort of scalp problems? I mean, if you let urine sit long enough you'll more or less end up with ammonia, which I guess could disinfect (maybe?), but seriously, are we living in some post apocalyptic wasteland where there no longer is medicine or clean water to drink?

This topic is certainly not everybody's cup of urine, so I put the details I still remember in the spoiler below.

They used it against irritations of the scalp, flaking, dandruff, eczemas and such, I believe - I didn't read in depth for obvious reasons. Some used the, uhm, fresh product for a rinse, don't know if they followed up with a rinse or a mild shampoo, others let it sit for 2-3 days before using it in order to get the ammonia, which acts as a cleansing agent, but obviously, it wouldn't be very mild then!.

Due to the topic of the forum, the main focus was on the use on the head, but those convinced of this method would use it to treat all kind of kin ailments all over the body.

While I can perfectly understand being critical towards many of the remedies doctor's prescribe (I've been prescribed such harsh treatments for my skin problems in my teens that my skin showed signs of a chemical burn and only got better when I started being gentle and using products without harsh cleansers in them), I wouldn't exactly use THIS natural remedy, disinfectant properties or not.

At least one person posting there even drank it! :wtf:

Urea has many known benefits for the skin, but really... this takes it far too far. I take the chemically devised stuff, tyvm.

When I was little, my grandma told us that if we got athletes foot, we should stand outside and pee on our feet. Damn if it didn't work.

I pride myself (yeah, yeah, I know) on being a thorn in Candy's side. I comment but she never posts them because they would upset the minions to know that she's a lying liar.

Her husband is as nuts as she is.

She'll stay with this FIC church until the preacher preaches something logical, at which time she will flounce from there.

:nenner:

Archived