Abigail is attending meetings of Co-Dependents Anonymous because she feels guilty that she is married and Christian while her friends and family are not.

abigails-alcove.blogspot.ca/2013/08/surviving-survivor-guilt.html

Abigail could certainly use some help with her mental health, but to me it seems like a self-help group would just allow her to feed off of other people's attention and have a new audience for her martyrdom.

Has it not occurred to her that these people she knows that aren't married and are focused on their careers are actually happy? How the hell does she know they are miserable? How does she know some people want more kids? Yeesh, making different choices doesn't mean automatic unhappiness.

Someone once said, "she is the bride at every wedding and the corpse at every funeral". Can't remember who it was, but that fits Abigail perfectly.

That church could hold an AA meeting and Abigail would go because she had a glass of wine after dinner once, but SURVIVOR!

I am compelled to post this at least once on every Abigail thread:

What a deluded, self absorbed asshole. :angry-banghead: woman has a damn law degree, get a job and support your kids already!!!

Cary on, I feel better now. :D

:violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:

Abigail, here is an orchestra of tiny, tiny violins for you.

LOL going to co-dependents anonymous. I can only imagine the others there staring daggers at Abigail while she tells her tales of woe.

There is definitely something up with Abigail. I've said it before, but out of the Catholic fundie bloggers she is probably the worst one in my opinion. She is an idiot to think she has survivor's guilt because her college and law school friends aren't married and don't have kids. She doesn't know if they are happy or not. I would bet that at the least most of her unmarried and childfree friends are happy with their lives.

:violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:

Abigail, here is an orchestra of tiny, tiny violins for you.

LOL going to co-dependents anonymous. I can only imagine the others there staring daggers at Abigail while she tells her tales of woe.

Can you imagine how pissed off the actual survivors are?

Typical Abigail. Remember, she's the one who insists that she's infertile because she once went 2 1/2 years without getting pregnant. She's the one who equated herself with Ukrainian orphans because her mother sent her to daycare. She's the one who believes that she and her children are geniuses because they aren't good at reading and can't focus. The thing about Abigail is that she obviously recognizes that she has issues... she just doesn't understand what her actual issues are.

Typical Abigail. Remember, she's the one who insists that she's infertile because she once went 2 1/2 years without getting pregnant. She's the one who equated herself with Ukrainian orphans because her mother sent her to daycare. She's the one who believes that she and her children are geniuses because they aren't good at reading and can't focus. The thing about Abigail is that she obviously recognizes that she has issues... she just doesn't understand what her actual issues are.

I remember that post and she also said something about being abused or neglected because she was placed in daycare. I also remember disagreed with her in comments section and straight up told her that she wasn't an abuse victim.

Yeah, that's why she shut down all comments on her blog - she didn't like people telling her that she wasn't the victim she likes to fantasize that she is.

Abigail is attending meetings of Co-Dependents Anonymous because she feels guilty that she is married and Christian while her friends and family are not.

Abigail could certainly use some help with her mental health, but to me it seems like a self-help group would just allow her to feed off of other people's attention and have a new audience for her martyrdom.

Meanwhile, down the local pub, Abigail's former friends/law school colleagues are having informal support group meetings, mourning the loss of Abigail's sanity and logic.

Someone once said, "she is the bride at every wedding and the corpse at every funeral". Can't remember who it was, but that fits Abigail perfectly.

That church could hold an AA meeting and Abigail would go because she had a glass of wine after dinner once, but SURVIVOR!

Apparently Alice roosevelt Longworth said it of her later said of Theodore Roosevelt, "He wants to be the bride at every wedding, the corpse at every funeral, and the baby at every christening." [12]

I heard it read of it being said about Truman Capote by Gore Vidal....

Does she imagine that others don't feel sorry for her at least as much as she feels sorry for them? And, even more, pity her husband and maybe her children?

I have become reaquainted with a variety of people I knew in HS, all of whom have taken different paths than I. The vast majority of them seem happy with their lives. They may or may not pity me, but I can say without a bit of doubt that when I see my life and I see theirs, mine is the one I wanted (which is why mine is the one i have!)

This might actually be the most bat shit crazy, what-the-actual-fuck thing I've read here. Truly. Even after all the fucked up things they do to kids, and views on sexuality, gender, etc, this... this just seems to trump it all with the depth of delusion that she must be under. It's fucking nuts.

This might actually be the most bat shit crazy, what-the-actual-fuck thing I've read here. Truly. Even after all the fucked up things they do to kids, and views on sexuality, gender, etc, this... this just seems to trump it all with the depth of delusion that she must be under. It's fucking nuts.

I kind of agree. I mean, usually I realise that the fucked up shite fundies do is because they have a fucked up belief system which they're following.

But to go to a 12-step group because your life is too happy and you feel bad that not everyone is married, baking peach pie and popping out kids like you? What is this I don't even.

I kind of agree. I mean, usually I realise that the fucked up shite fundies do is because they have a fucked up belief system which they're following.

But to go to a 12-step group because your life is too happy and you feel bad that not everyone is married, baking peach pie and popping out kids like you? What is this I don't even.

I keep thinking "And they all moved away from me on the Group-W bench.... "

Her attending Survivor Support Group is a real slap in the face of true Survivor's. Maybe she is going to gain some information so she is better at painting her picture of whatever abuse that she encounter more believable? She has real mental health issues.

:puke-front: I really don't understand how co-dependency leads her to be a raging narcissist. And she actually compares herself to a woman who feels survivor guilt over surviving a bus crash while the man who helped save her life died. The mind, it baffles.

I feel like the "bad" evangelization efforts I do, is a product of co-dependent thinking. Bad evangelization is from survivor guilt. I feel guilty that I'm "here" pregnant with a sixth child, attending Mass, baking peach pies instead of "there"--living in stressville with all my workaholic college buddies. I want to "save them." I want to scream out some Bible Verses, and post some cool quotes from the catechism. I want to feel less guilty that "I got chosen" for a major life overhaul and not them.

Dear Abigail,

Please feel free to let go of your completely unwarranted guilt. I promise, we are NOT jealous of your empty bank accounts and screwed-up priorities.

Signed,

A gainfully-employed, unmarried, childless atheist

Yeah, that's why she shut down all comments on her blog - she didn't like people telling her that she wasn't the victim she likes to fantasize that she is.

G-d she is NUTS!! She wants sympothy for everything!!

Her attending Survivor Support Group is a real slap in the face of true Survivor's. Maybe she is going to gain some information so she is better at painting her picture of whatever abuse that she encounter more believable? She has real mental health issues.

She is shitting all over these people. Think about it, an actual survivor feeling horrible guilt that everyone else in the car crash died but him and Abigail stands up and says, "My life is SO fanTAStic that I feel guilty that other people have jobs and money and stuff."

She'll be lucky if no one smacks her with a metal folding chair.

Oh shut up and stop whining Abigail. You need a support group for something (is there an Attention Seekers Anonymous?), but certainly not because you apparently feel sorry for all of the people you feel you are better than.

Archived