IGNORED

Pat robertson goes off the deep end.

doggie

When I read the thread title I thought it needed an "...again" added on. What a freakin' loon.

I think what's even more pathetic than the nonsense Pat Robertson spews forth is that PEOPLE BELIEVE HIM. And that no matter what you say, no matter how many facts you can show them to expose his lies, it will just be further proof that there's some kind of grand government/gay conspiracy to take us all down. :angry-banghead:

I sometimes find myself chuckling when I think about what happens when people like Pat Robertson, Jerry Fallwell, Oral Roberts, anyone from WBC, many conservatives - you name it- get to their judgment days and end up in hell with Hitler and Stalin and all the other evilites in the history of the world. Because, honestly, that's the way I think it all plays out.

I think what's even more pathetic than the nonsense Pat Robertson spews forth is that PEOPLE BELIEVE HIM. And that no matter what you say, no matter how many facts you can show them to expose his lies, it will just be further proof that there's some kind of grand government/gay conspiracy to take us all down. :angry-banghead:

Yep, he just reaffirms crap that some folks already WANT to believe.

Why hasn't his family dragged him for an evaluation?

It's actually very difficult in the early stages. You can't just haul someone off to the doctor to have their autonomy taken away when they're just a bit off.

When I was doctorin' in SC, I had an elderly and very sick patient. Her husband spent his career working for Pat Robertson. In fact, several of the family members were working in his ministry at some level or other. The topic at hand was heroic intervention at the end stage of neurological disease. I cannot tell you how unnerving it was to sit with this family (as they paged through their bibles for answers) as a Jewish Yankee lady doctor and try to advise them. When the bible failed to enlighten, they called Pat Robertson. So there I was, making a life and death decision with Pat Robertson....

And he agreed with me and supported my advice. Go figure.

Holy shit. Dementia, or crazy?

My first thought too. Something new is amping up the crazy-hateful to bsc-crazy-hateful.

It's actually very difficult in the early stages. You can't just haul someone off to the doctor to have their autonomy taken away when they're just a bit off.

Is he truly early stage? Does he have dementia or just likes to say crazy things? I don't watch him so I have no opinion. I didn't say take his autonomy away, but have him evaluated. If he doesn't know he has dementia and he really does, it's something that should be found out and tactfully explained.

It's something that should be checked out. And yes, I know quite a bit about the evaluations. I'm on number eight of my relatives with various kinds of dementia. I'm currently guardian for two.

My first thought too. Something new is amping up the crazy-hateful to bsc-crazy-hateful.

It may very well be dementia, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is "normal" for him. I spent some time in that world and that kind of mindset is not unusual (albeit very crazy.)

True. But they can still air the show without him on it. His son could just take over, he's been on the show for years now, anyway. And if Pat really won't retire, they could still find ways to keep him from making a complete ass of himself. For one thing, they could eliminate the bits where he answers questions from viewers. That seems to be a major source of his idiocy.

I don't know. But something has got to be done, and soon. If it wasn't already obvious, it is now--the man has lost his mind.

Oh, yes. His family could definitely intervene. The network's powerless to do anything, though.

When I was doctorin' in SC, I had an elderly and very sick patient. Her husband spent his career working for Pat Robertson. In fact, several of the family members were working in his ministry at some level or other. The topic at hand was heroic intervention at the end stage of neurological disease. I cannot tell you how unnerving it was to sit with this family (as they paged through their bibles for answers) as a Jewish Yankee lady doctor and try to advise them. When the bible failed to enlighten, they called Pat Robertson. So there I was, making a life and death decision with Pat Robertson....

And he agreed with me and supported my advice. Go figure.

That is insane!! I know many religious Jewish people who might go to their Rabbi, but I am not sure he would talk w/ a doctor. Do u mind me asking, what year was this.

That is insane!! I know many religious Jewish people who might go to their Rabbi, but I am not sure he would talk w/ a doctor. Do u mind me asking, what year was this.

I'm listening to this right now. Love my Andy Coop!

smalland.jpg

This was Anderson Cooper's reaction when I (hypothetically) asked him if he thought Pat Robertson was a hot piece of ass.

Archived