IGNORED

Anti Vaxx Megachurch Responsible for TX Measles Outbreak

rward

Are you seeing the IPV (polio) vax by chance? For Gardasil the second shot's given a month after the first and the third 6 months after the first, and it's not recommended that young. In any case I'm glad you're all for it! It's so frustrating when people act like it's no big deal to not get it for their kids.

Right, HPV vaccines are given starting in adolescence. Dose 2 is 2 months or more after the first and dose 3 is 6 months or more after the first while also being 4 months or more after the second. I can't think of any standard vaccine given in infancy, at age 4 and again at age 14.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Melissa Etheridge and her ex are going to court over vaccinations:

radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/08/melissa-etheridge-ex-wife-court-refuses-allow-children-vaccinated/

the ex wants them vaccinated and Melissa is against vaccines.

Didn't Melissa come out and say that Angelina Jolie was cowardly for her double mascetomy, and that if she would

just take vitamins, she would never have cancer? It was something like that, which was none of her damn business.

M.E. has had cancer, you would think she would know better. I think she's smoked too much dope or something.

I'm on Team Melissa'sEX.

I thought after 25, Gardasil is not guaranteed to work.

No, Gardasil won't work if you have already been exposed to HPV. The 25 is the cutoff because the assumption is that you've already been exposed.

The head developer of Gardasil admitted that it wasn't tested properly and stuff, so I'm wary for a good reason. Merck also gave a 6 million dollar payout for the families of people who have either died as a result of the vaccine, or experience side effects. I am not comfortable with the vaccine, and I think that it's my right to feel that way. Everyone needs to make up their own mind and decide what is right for them.

I think this goes in the *citation needed* category.

My maternal grandmother died before I was born due to heart valve damage caused by a bad case of German Measles (Rubella) when she was a teen. Needless to say, my mom was big on vaccines, having spent her whole life watching her mother suffer and her health progressively decline until the damage finally killed her.

Because both my parents have been immuno-compromised (dad has an two auto-immune issues and mom was in chemo), flu vaccines and (for them) pneumonia vaccines are a given. We never miss the drive-thru flu shot clinic.

I had very mild Chicken Pox as a toddler (due to accidental exposure when my mom was paying the rent...the manager never mentioned that his kids were actively infected), however, I worry seriously about Shingles and wish they'd give the anti-Shingles vaccine at younger ages. My mom, in her late 40s (long before the age they vaccinate people for Shingles) developed what they said was a comparatively mild case and I saw the blisters along her midline and could see how much pain she was in. DO! NOT! WANT!

I'm just curious: Does anyone know why you have to wait until you're at least 50 to be vaccinated against shingles? I'm in my early 40s, and I had a scorching case of chicken pox in my early 20s. After hearing what some people have posted here, I'm now very afraid of getting shingles (I'm a huge baby when it comes to pain).

I'm just curious: Does anyone know why you have to wait until you're at least 50 to be vaccinated against shingles? I'm in my early 40s, and I had a scorching case of chicken pox in my early 20s. After hearing what some people have posted here, I'm now very afraid of getting shingles (I'm a huge baby when it comes to pain).

Probably because the data that the manufacturer presented to the regulatory agencies was gathered and collated in that age group. Over time, and as more data becomes available, data from larger age groups may be submitted for approval. As in - it is looking like the original over 60 is rapidly changing to over 50 for the shingles vax. Another example of the same idea: original approvals for Gardasil were for girls; that has now been extended to include boys.

Manufacturers first gather and submit data where data to show benefit over risk is more easily obtained, and where there is likely to be more "bang for the buck" so to speak. (With shingles, they would have been able to most easily demonstrate benefit in an older population where shingles tends to occur more often). Once they are selling the product to the original target audience, they tend to work toward extending the audience.

Right, HPV vaccines are given starting in adolescence. Dose 2 is 2 months or more after the first and dose 3 is 6 months or more after the first while also being 4 months or more after the second. I can't think of any standard vaccine given in infancy, at age 4 and again at age 14.

I would guess the whooping cough/tetanus/diptheria booster (DTaP or TDaP) since you need one every 10 years.

I had very mild Chicken Pox as a toddler (due to accidental exposure when my mom was paying the rent...the manager never mentioned that his kids were actively infected), however, I worry seriously about Shingles and wish they'd give the anti-Shingles vaccine at younger ages. My mom, in her late 40s (long before the age they vaccinate people for Shingles) developed what they said was a comparatively mild case and I saw the blisters along her midline and could see how much pain she was in. DO! NOT! WANT!

If you haven't talked to your doctor, I would mention this... I know a few people who got the shingles vaccine early because they were immune-compromised. I would think a family history of getting shingles early in life might also qualify you to get it early?

I would guess the whooping cough/tetanus/diptheria booster (DTaP or TDaP) since you need one every 10 years.

If you haven't talked to your doctor, I would mention this... I know a few people who got the shingles vaccine early because they were immune-compromised. I would think a family history of getting shingles early in life might also qualify you to get it early?

Yeah, but Dtap is given before kindergarten at age 4 or 5 then Tdap is given at age 11. The next Tdap isn't until 8-10 years later unless you're involved with a high risk group, such as infants.

My ex-boyfriend got shingles last year and he was only 42. He's pretty tough about pain but he said this was so bad, it woke him up throughout the night. He's talking to his doctor this year about getting the shingles vaccine early.

My children are fully vaxed, except for the vaxes my egg-allergic child cannot receive. Gardisil, however......I don't know. Has anyone read this site? The girls and their mothers provide their email addresses, I don't feel like they are making it up. Of course, it could just be a coincidence, but I'd rather not chance it with my kids.

truthaboutgardasil.org/injuries/

That website has absolutely no scientific credibility. They've compiled a list of people whose health problems happened to strike shortly after they received a dose of Gardasil. I don't think they're making it up, either, they're just confusing correlation with causation. PCOS, vasovagal syncope, non-epileptic seizures...these are all things that usually occur in the age group of the women who report them. For fuck's sake, the girl who developped POTS syndrome had mono shortly before, POTS is known to be triggered by mono...but no, it must have been the vaccine! Christ some people are gullible. One of them claims the shot caused her daughter's Non-Hodkins Lymphoma in a mere 2 weeks (perhaps someone with knowledge of lymphocyte formation time can comment on the likelihood of that).

There isn't a scholarly source cited anywhere on that site. It's more political than anything.

Archived