IGNORED

John Schrader responds to haters

NotALoserLikeYou

On facebook.com/pages/Duggar-Family-News-Life-is-not-all-pickles-and-hairspray/269181913180625

Pinned at the top in a thread about the Proverbs Mom, which has nothing to do with recent events

Someone mentioned him not supporting his family and he showed up:

You people have no idea who I am. When I pastored in Oregon I worked a 60-70 hour a week job to provide for my children and wife and served as a pastor for almost nothing. We qualified for food stamps yet never took them. We just chose to make careful choices with our funds. I have bought a house, purchased cars, and always paid my debts. You may not like the choices we make, and that's fine. You may disagree with our spiritual beliefs, and we're fine with that too. Just don't call yourself tolerant and open minded spewing names and hate at myself and my family. Go to our page. My wife and I are deeply in love. Our children are well adjusted and happy. You judge and condemn, yet you have never met us. Shame on you for your narrow minded condemnation of a family you truly do not know. Wow...

My mission is to exalt the Lord Jesus Christ and introduce Him as the Saviour and only hope of eternal life to those who desire Him and receive Him as their Lord. I am not going to bring religion. As already mentioned in the comments above religion has brought war, death, killing, hatred, etc. It matters not if it is called Christianity or Islam (btw, the Catholics and Protestants both persecuted and killed the Baptists). I witness of a relationship with a living God, One Who has changed my heart and life and countless others. You may not understand this, but I boldly and gladly lay down my life for my King, and if this offends you, then so be it. You may not believe me, but I will pray for you tonight as I retire. I am not running from nor refusing to answer, but simply recognizing that you have no desire for these things, and arguing and debating does not help your blood pressure, as you already mentioned. Religion had been forced on many, but a relationship is something that is offered. It can be received or rejected. Christ died for the world, and although over twenty years ago Zambia's first elected President did indeed declare his nation "Christian," many there have never been presented the Gospel of Christ. Goodnight.

Someone asks him about Gothard, he says

DFN, I really do need to get some rest, but just curious. Do you have any background with Gotherd or fundamentalism? Or have you been hurt by someone in either of these groups? I have...

We are moving as a family to live in Africa as missionaries. Before that I pastored for ten years. I worked a secular job alongside my pastoring all ten years. I have owned my own successful lawn care business for over six years, been a licensed Real Estate agent in two states, worked in a custom cabinet building shop and on a home building construction crew. I have bought my own clothes and shoes since age ten. I have been approved and worked in many school districts as a substitute teacher in Washington State and have letters of recommendation from Principles and School Administrators. I have an earned Masters Degree. I have traveled to MexIco, Peru, Russia, and Japan. Because I do not believe in organized religion, I do not belong to a denomination. We are independent. We have traveled from church to church over the past year, and those that freely choose to partner with us join our effort. I thought you guys were pro-choice? We chose to live in a pop-up camper for a time to save money and have consistancy for our children as we have traveled from church to church. They viewed it as a year long camping trip! We are clear about what we will be doing. Some chose to partner with us, some do not. We have encountered many along the way that do not share our beliefs, nor support what we do, but they have been respectful and impressed with our children and family. Thanks for saying something Crystal. As you said, we disagree on many things, but you know us. These others making comments do not. What has happened to respectful dialog with those whom you disagree with. It's easy to take pot shots and denigrate someone you do not know, but it is not a sign of intelligence nor character. I am not a Gotherdite, in fact I have been personally condemned by some who I love for standing against this man and his false teaching. I am not not asking for your endorsement nor approval, but let's discuss substantive issues without resorting to baseless name calling like school children arguing on a playground. Seriously.

Dear John, there might be one thing we agree on and it is that children are a blessing. I really think that children should be cherished and treated as if they are a precious gift being treated with the upmost care. You appear treat your children as if they are disposable. When was the last time they had a medical check up? Do they go to the dentist on a regular basis? With all your traveling, and with you being crammed into such a small space, how is their education going? What is your daily school schedule? Are they being educated well enough so that all of them, even the girls, could go to college if they choose? What is your plan if something happens to your children in Zambia? Do you have some sort of medical care planned out where they will go to the dentist and doctor? What about emergencies? Even here in America, are you financially prepared to pay for extended hospital stays and medical treatment for you children if something bad happened? Are all children provided with proper car seats and booster seats that are properly installed for when you travel? What about when you reach Zambia?

I would love it if you would come and answer these questions.

And another thing we agree about Gothard is a liar and false teacher.

Well, now. This is fascinating.

Shrader defends himself, somewhat inaccurately on the financial stuff, on a Facebook page that I've not seen before. And against a nebulous critique . . .

FJ has been far more critical of him but he has not yet come here to defend himself. This looks to me like he's defending himself from an attack from within the cult :dance: :dance: not from us ebil feminists at FJ. Nor from Sharon Bailgoat.

So interesting that he thinks that Gothard is a false prophet. So that means that Esther's family follow a false prophet? Gothard was at David Waller's wedding to Priscilla Keller. Then we have Anna Keller married to Smugger Duggar, another ATI family. Papa Keller is steeped in Gothard.

I'm speculating that the Kellers are anxious about Esther and the kids. As they should be. Is John feeling very sore? Is any dissent to his cockeyed ambitions regarded as a sign of Satan?

If John Shrader came here to explain himself I'd be delighted to talk to him.

He is nuts. IMO.

On his own page he apologized for engaging in the discussion and quoted some bible verses. I doubt he would come here to further discuss it...

^^^ With his "masters degree," no less. Excuse me while I LMAO.

*I might have been the person who mentioned him on that particular thread, but I certainly didn't tag him. I wonder if that fangirl defender gave him a head's up, because his posts are gone now.*

Gutless grifter. I was the first to use that term and there's nothing that indicates that it's inaccurate.

Dear John,

I really, really hope someone sends you the link to this thread so you can read this. I was raised IFB and did my share of witnessing for Christ, and do you know what I found. Being a godly witness to poor people who thought I was going to help them and didn't know the Bible well was easy. What you are going to do when you go to Zambia. Those people, they aren't going to criticize you to your face or be able to argue the Bible with you or even question if you are providing your children with a safe environment. No, in Zambia, most likely people aren't going to challenge you and force you to look at how you are treating your children. They probably will talk behind your back though. Let's face it, few people like an accordion. And even fewer people can play it well enough to make it pleasant to listen to. And hymns on an accordion are painful.

But people who are going to argue back and challenge you, now those people are hard to witness to. Those are the people that are hard to engage in conversation with and come out feeling all "I'm the best missionary ever!". And so, even as a small child I saw that if a person looked challenging and very knowledgeable of the Bible, they were avoided. Oh, there would be Bible verses thrown out about why people like this shouldn't be witnessed to, but now as an adult I realize that it was just because it was hard.

It would be hard to come here and explain your rude treatment to the people in Burundie(seriously, you couldn't go buy some Cokes and bring them as a gift to the people hosting you since they were buying you stuff left and right?), explain your grifting nature, explain your children's safety. That would be hard which is why you will find a way to tell yourself that you don't ever need to think about these things. But it is the easy way out. Even if you don't ever come here, and I don't think you will, I hope you read these threads and think the impression you are giving in regards to how you treat your family and the people of other countries.

How old is The Supreme Butthole Of The Universe? According to John:

"Before that I pastored for ten years. I worked a secular job alongside my pastoring all ten years. I have owned my own successful lawn care business for over six years, been a licensed Real Estate agent in two states, worked in a custom cabinet building shop and on a home building construction crew. "

In addition to all of the above accomplishments, he's also managed to earn a master's degree and impregnate his wife several times ( ok, so that probably took a cumulative total of about 20 minutes). I'm really interested in the timeline in which all this greatness took place.

In other words, I think John Shrader is full of shit.

ETA: He was also a substitute teacher in several states? Scary.

"Before that I pastored for ten years. I worked a secular job alongside my pastoring all ten years. I have owned my own successful lawn care business for over six years, been a licensed Real Estate agent in two states, worked in a custom cabinet building shop and on a home building construction crew. "

In addition to all of the above accomplishments, he's also managed to earn a master's degree and impregnate his wife several times ( ok, so that probably took a cumulative total of about 20 minutes). I'm really interested in the timeline in which all this greatness took place.

There is a saying about sarcasm and strawberries. It escapes my mind right now. Dangit. :laughing-rollingyellow:

PS: As long as he wasn't holding a Financial Freedom seminar! :pray:

He is 36. And oddly enough he lists washing windows on his FB job history but not being a licensed real estate agent, custom cabinet maker or construction work. Or even the successful lawn care business he had for over six years. I would think that these things would trump the self-employed window washing when it comes to listing them on FB.

Lawn care, while ministering with his father age 10-16? My neighbor kids had a lawn care company starting when they were 12.

Lawn care, while ministering with his father age 10-16? My neighbor kids had a lawn care company starting when they were 12.

That sounds very likely-he is overexaggerating the things he has done to make himself seem like less of a lazy asshole. Hes probably counting going out preaching to people with his dad at the age of about 6, or offering to mow the neighbours lawns for a bit of money when he was a teenager.

I am curious of what started this? Does anyone have any insight to this?

I am sure his "Masters" is from some non-credited fundie college, on line for sure i.e. CollegeMinus.

I have done a number of medical missions to third world countries-Hatti, Tanzania, Sudan, Chad, Nigeria, Guatemala, Honduras, and many more. I have meet a number of families like Schrader's, they are totally clueless regarding the culture and try to make the native into like American's. They are made fun of and the only reason a number of people attend their churches if for either free food or education for their children. Usually they stay until something happens, usually medical, then they pack up and leave. I hate to says it but it is usually a death of the women during child birth or after. One family lost two children and they stayed, then the women died after child birth and they left. It is very sad and stupid that these people think that the sky pilot will protect them.

Was it John Schrader where he posted a picture of the kids in the van and there wasn't enough seats or the kids weren't properly strapped in? Or was that another fundie who is lax with child safety?

ETA: I found the picture and I think all the kids are in proper seats. Some of the car seats look crooked, but it could just how the picture is taken. There is this weird thing where he was wire strung up, attached to the ceiling and a fan hanging on it and it looks like there is a kid behind the fan and that is so not safe. I can't figure out where the eighth child is in picture except for behind the fan. He also takes pictures while driving down a busy highway in the rain.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

I don't know how to make the picture show up on here but hopefully the link will take you to the right picture. Don't they have eight kids?

Shrader's Masters was apparently from Emmanuel Baptist Theological Seminary. I looked it up. It must be this place: emmanuel-newington.org/seminary/?page_id=342 Not accredited, no surprise. An interesting conversation about it on this board: :wink-kitty: baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=30566

Wasn't John's last job selling used cars? He hasn't had longevity in any job as far as I can see. He also doesn't stick with any church for long, even as an unpaid pastor. I'm sure he wildly exaggerates his resume.

FormerGothardite, you are a very nice person and I hope Shrader does read your well-argued posts here.

countressrascal

I have done a number of medical missions to third world countries-Hatti, Tanzania, Sudan, Chad, Nigeria, Guatemala, Honduras, and many more. I have meet a number of families like Schrader's, they are totally clueless regarding the culture and try to make the native into like American's. They are made fun of and the only reason a number of people attend their churches if for either free food or education for their children. Usually they stay until something happens, usually medical, then they pack up and leave. I hate to says it but it is usually a death of the women during child birth or after. One family lost two children and they stayed, then the women died after child birth and they left. It is very sad and stupid that these people think that the sky pilot will protect them.

This is very true. Another example: I know one family that allowed their children to swim in a crocodile infested river ignoring the impassioned warnings of the local residents. Very Poisonwood Bible. They knew better than the people they had come to convert, of course. Unfortunately God was off duty when that little boy was grabbed by a crocodile. I think they found an arm.

Just as an aside, I prefer to refer to developing countries as such. "Third world" is a rather pejorative expression, IMO. I also hate it when Shrader refers to "bush churches" or "bush ministry" when he means rural areas.

Was it John Schrader where he posted a picture of the kids in the van and there wasn't enough seats or the kids weren't properly strapped in? Or was that another fundie who is lax with child safety?

ETA: I found the picture and I think all the kids are in proper seats. Some of the car seats look crooked, but it could just how the picture is taken. There is this weird thing where he was wire strung up, attached to the ceiling and a fan hanging on it and it looks like there is a kid behind the fan and that is so not safe. I can't figure out where the eighth child is in picture except for behind the fan. He also takes pictures while driving down a busy highway in the rain.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

I don't know how to make the picture show up on here but hopefully the link will take you to the right picture. Don't they have eight kids?

They do have 8 kids, and it looks like there is a seatbelt buckled behind the fan. You can't see one of the boys, though I can't tell which one- they all look the same to me. Nearly all of the kids should still be in boosters (Enoch an Alatheia are 10 and 9, respectively, and I believe the rule is under 8, which means Timothy on down should be in some sort of seat (Timothy was 7 at the time)) but it doesn't look like they are. Charis's seat looks like it's tipping because of the "gutter" there, but you can't see it. If this shows how much he values the safety of his children, I dread to think what might happen in Zambia.

Why is there a gutter in the van? And why would anyone think that putting a child behind a fan hanging from the ceiling would be safe? Actually in an event of an accident all that stuff is could start flying around and injure a child. But the kid behind the fan would for sure get hurt in even a minor accident.

I hope she has a lot of help right now. Eight kids, no real home, a husband who isn't around much (is he back in the US now?). That's overwhelming.

I checked out his facebook, too. "Dress like you want other women to be dressed around your husband" - wow, John, I found your nose, it was in my wardrobe! Would you like it back?!

You know, some men won't hump everything that moves and some women aren't after any random men just because they wear short shorts around my nonhusband or anyone else. Surprise, surprise. Don't you have your own kids to mind? Why is your mind on other women's dressing habits?! If my nonhusband would be that hung up on what other women wear, with a focus on lightly dressed ones, he'd be hitting the road real quick...

Just saw his Facebook page. His profile pic had their names & date of Births. Esther is only 32 she looks like she's 40!!

She's got at least 10 more years of possible baby making. That could be another 7 kids....

Dear John,

Should you ever read this. I honestly don't care how other women dress around my husband. He also doesn't care how other men dress around me. This might seem shocking, but there are men who won't turn into wild animals who will leave their wives just because they see a woman who is dressed in a short skirt or a bikini.

Archived