IGNORED

The Proverbs Family shuts it all down

FJismyheadship

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Per an email: They are being targeted by a hate forum and are going to prosecute for cyber bullying.

Except...bullying is done with the intent of harming another person. The primary intent here, I believe, is to protect a minor or minors, not harm.

Is there a way we can bring this all to light with her followers, and people looking for her blog? A Facebook page, an Instagram, a Google search? Something with the screen caps of what K said? Anything at all?

So if she is a target of a hate forum why not make sure the comments don't get through. In other words she is a lying conniving sneaky witch that is trying to hide the truth. I wondered how long it would take for her to flounce again.

If reading here me dearie remember one thing you can't hide from this. It won't go away. Facing up to it will be a lot easier for all and more so for your daughter. Being in denial what is that saying to your daughter you don't believe her. Trivialing it makes it worse not better.

So she is going to prosecute a forum for bullying because her daughter, on the ask.fm that was linked by the mother so it wasn't fake, said that her stepfather molested her twice and the mother is aware of this and did nothing? I don't think she understands the definition of bullying. Have fun with that.

Her need for security (possible income from her husband and the daycare, the "security" of her marriage, etc) is far more important than the emotional and physical wellbeing of her daughter. Her daughter cries out for help and her mother, who should ALWAYS be on her child's side, slams the door on her. It is a horrible place for a young woman. I hope she is able to escape, get help, and never look back.

I really hurt for what the daughter must be going through right now.

Yikes, I hope the younger daughters haven't experienced similar abuse. At the cached archives of the Proverbs Family blog that are still available on Google, there is a picture of some candy bags and this explanation:

"Whose stash is this? Long story. But, our 13 year old became a very broken girl (over a private situation) whom we needed to encourage and build back up. While sisters and I, with God's help, did the building, Proverbs Dad and Little Runt went out and got the soothing balm of chocolate and Kleenex....this was at 10 p.m. after having been awake since 2 a.m., by the way. Yes, we are one very blessed bunch of girls here! Love that man!"

:(

This is all so sad. I am sending prayers / thoughts to ALL the children of Proverbs Family.

Children deserve a safe, healthy and happy home.

Did the Duggar family blog have PM permission to post her blog? It is interesting she wants to place blame on one forum, when I'm sure that way more people checked out her blog after it was posted on the Duggar family blog.

I also want to note that this is the kind of desperate, sick, sad situation that can occur when women in fundamentalist culture are not encouraged to maintain enough skills/ confidence/ independence to go it alone with their kids if necessary. It seems to me (though correct me if I'm wrong; I don't follow this blog closely) that PM was so afraid of losing her husband that she was willing to sacrifice her kids' safety, as well as that of other kids under her roof, to continue grasping onto some kind of security and "normalcy."

If this whole PM thing isn't a searing indictment, on many levels, of woman-belittling and devaluing religious cultures, I don't know what is.

Did the Duggar family blog have PM permission to post her blog? It is interesting she wants to place blame on one forum, when I'm sure that way more people checked out her blog after it was posted on the Duggar family blog.

Most likely. She gets a kick out of being friends with the Duggars. Google her email address and there are blog comments from her all over the interne telling fans You can come to our church! Email me for directions!

So why is the location of the church such a big secret if Proverbs Mom wants to tell everyone to come?

Her need for security (possible income from her husband and the daycare, the "security" of her marriage, etc) is far more important than the emotional and physical wellbeing of her daughter. Her daughter cries out for help and her mother, who should ALWAYS be on her child's side, slams the door on her. It is a horrible place for a young woman. I hope she is able to escape, get help, and never look back.

And the whole family could actually be more secure, on every level, if social services got involved. I know it varies greatly by location.....but there are often some really good supports available to families impacted by things like early on-set Alzhimers. It can be difficult for a family to access or navigate on their own, but a good social worker might be able to get them into affordable housing, get disability payments for dad, get everyone in counseling, and get dad on medications and respite care...or in an out of home placement if his behavior is too out of control to be safe.

I know it's really hard for families to admit they need help, and getting CPS involved is scary.....but I've seen some families lives dramatically improve in similar situations.

Per an email: They are being targeted by a hate forum and are going to prosecute for cyber bullying.

hmm...how is that going to work exactly I wonder?

I'd like to report a crime of cyber bullying. Ok who is doing this to you? This horrible forum on the internet. Ok and what have they done to you? They found out that my husband molested my daughter and he is still living in the home with my daughter (that he molested) and 3 other daughters and I run an in home daycare that he sometimes helps watch the kids. They reported us to CPS! What did you say your address was? We'll send someone right over.

*knock knock*

Hi ma'am. I'm detective Jones and this is Mrs. Smith from Child Protective Services. Are your daughter and husband currently home?

We arent cyber bullying them, we are just concerned about the welfare of the children in the home after learning that her husband molested one of them and is still allowed to live with them and help out in her daycare. That is not hate, we are doing it because we care about those kids. If we hated them, we would not care about her daughter being molested...like she doesnt care.

I am curious--as I think someone else mentioned--whether Journey to the Heart/ the Gothard organization bears any legal responsibility for not having reported known abuse of a minor to the proper authorities. Do any social workers or others know what the laws are regarding mandatory reporting for people who work with kids? I imagine many JTTH attendees have "confessed" abuse similar to that we're currently discussing, and my heart aches for all the girls who are presumably being told not only to forgive their abusers, but to submit to them.

I am curious--as I think someone else mentioned--whether Journey to the Heart/ the Gothard organization bears any legal responsibility for not having reported known abuse of a minor to the proper authorities. Do any social workers or others know what the laws are regarding mandatory reporting for people who work with kids? I imagine many JTTH attendees have "confessed" abuse similar to that we're currently discussing, and my heart aches for all the girls who are presumably being told not only to forgive their abusers, but to submit to them.

I was wondering the same thing. I think the group "leaders" of each session are just young women who have been to JTTH before and have had some perfunctory training, probably about how to run the sessions, different activities, and meal plans. I doubt they have much training about what to do when participants reveal physical or sexual abuse (aside from the usual "pray to God" crap). I don't get the impression that JTTH would be inclined to report abuse allegations, assuming there is even someone in that organization to report it to. They don't seem to believe in social services and governmental agencies that deal with this type of problem.

Based on the laws in my state any counselor s would be required to report to CPS, I don't know how much the laws vary by state.

A complicating factor could be if the abuse took place in a different state than jtth. I am not sure which jurisdiction the report would go to, but things sometimes tend to fall through the cracks when there are different localities involved.

Most importantly though, there isn't any way of knowing whether JTTH reported or not. It isn't something either their staff, or CPS can or should discuss.

They could have done a report and it was screened out by CPS, and no one would know.

Based on the laws in my state any counselor s would be required to report to CPS, I don't know how much the laws vary by state.

A complicating factor could be if the abuse took place in a different state than jtth. I am not sure which jurisdiction the report would go to, but things sometimes tend to fall through the cracks when there are different localities involved.

Most importantly though, there isn't any way of knowing whether JTTH reported or not. It isn't something either their staff, or CPS can or should discuss.

They could have done a report and it was screened out by CPS, and no one would know.

You're right, I can't assume JTTH didn't report the abuse. I just strongly suspect they didn't.

I dont know how ATI is still running, JTTH must have had loads of girls come out about being abuse at home that went unreported, as well as how the cult is absolutely full of child abusers and there have been stories of abuse in the ATI HQ. How is this place not shut down??

Are unlicensed, lay counselors -- or nouthetic counselors -- mandated reporters?

I don't think clergy are considered mandated reporters in every state, either.

Archived