IGNORED

The Proverbs Family shuts it all down

FJismyheadship

THANK YOU to the whistle blowers. Screenshots are so valuable now that they tried to scrub everything. Doesn't mommy know that the internet lives forever? Is K's Instagram still up?

At any rate, I got a question through to her last night about her homeschool curriculum, even after someone warned that FJ members were watching her. Poor girl couldn't name a program, saying they just used whatever because they were poor.

What do you wanna bet that they are the main topic at Duggar Church tomorrow? I just hope K isn't publicly shamed, beaten, or worse, for her involvement with us heathens whom, I believe, only want the best for her and her sisters. And from everything I've read, that means removal from the family home.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, the mom is all over the map with her justifications and rationalization.

So he shouldn't be held accountable because he doesnT Know what he's doing due to Alzhimers. But, he has repented so won't do it again....because repenting will control the alzhimers ?? Except it was an accidental grab that he didn't even realize happened. But it accidentally happened because he wasn't right with God, but now hee is, so it won't happen again. Wow. :wtf:

While that may have helped you feel better, that did NOT further the cause of keeping their blogs open while the Helpmeets/MODs and others could look at this more, next time, maybe, take a breath, ask for thoughts before you fucking jump all over someone who is aiding a possible pedophile! Edited to ad, PICTURES, you freaked out and sent a bunch of emails about stolen PICTURES, I am sorry, I along with others have spent the better part of the day researching and trying for find info on this family and YOU get the bloggers up in arms at the same time about pictures???

I wasn't aware of the abuse situation until AFTER I had already notified the owners of the content she stole. I thought that was obvious when I wrote "I was randomly on her blog yesterday". I should have clarified that I didn't go there to look into the abuse stuff that was posted because I wasn't aware of it.

I read that blog off and on and happened to be on it yesterday when I saw the pictures.

I came here a few hours later and saw all the information about the sexual abuse AFTER I had turned her in. I thought it was an odd coincidence that I had just been there and saw the pictures, but totally missed the daughter talking about her stepdad. Either the mom had already started scrubbing parts of the blog yesterday, or I just missed it.

I never reported the information with the intent of impeding some investigation. I just didn't know there was a serious situation taking place until I came here a few hours later. When I saw FJer's talking about the daughter being abused, I just thought I would share that the woman was a thief also. That's all. I wasn't "up in arms". I just reported stolen content when I saw it. Had I of known there was something more serious going on I would have left it be.

This family dynamic/story reminds me of that lady who run No Longer Quivering and her eldest daughter (who now, it seems to have a happy and successful life and career).

Does this woman run a state-licensed daycare? I know the stepfather is not a convicted sex offender, but wouldn't someone in the licensing authority potentially be concerned about this situation?

One of mom's recent posts on her blog was to tell father's how to guard their daughter's purity. I can't even imagine her going there.

This quote from Lillybee make me so angry like to slap that mom. Did she tell grand mother?

I am talking to my self but I should read the link story be fore I judge it. If the blog is gone it make me suspicious the parents hiding some thing and that make me fear for Kristen. Im trying to under stand what could be the meaning or purpose of the proverb they quoted. Firstly it seem like a bad think for Kristen, like the meaning is "when you tell some one they wrong, its good...when you tell them its ok its wrong". Understand? I will try to explain my opinion better after I read all about this from the link.

It wasn't just once like that pitiful excuse of a mother was trying to claim. Kristin made it clear that he did this to her twice, at 13 at 15. I'm I remembering wrong or before she revealed he had molested her someone asked a question like "What is something you don't like?" and she responded with how her stepfather would scream and get angry at her for no reason and she didn't like that? I know later on in the ask.fm she started saying that her real father was the one screaming and leaving all the time, but I thought that originally she had written that her stepfather did screamed at her.

This situation is just sad and awful.

I'm not trying to hand-slap so I apologise if it sounds hand-slappy, but I'm a bit worried about people emailing her even if it is to offer her support and guidance. I'm not sure if that's appropriate for adults who are strangers to talk to a minor girl about her molestation, especially because she is clearly poorly equipped to deal with the criticism her parents are getting right now.

I am very glad CPS has been alerted though.

Just my opinion, doesn't mean anything.

Okay I have on record two separate emails going to two separate people from Proverbs Mom stating that someone was pretending to be her daughter online and spreading vicious rumors In one of them she claims her daughter was a victim of FreeJinger and it was one of us pretending to be Kristen.

Then why was the link on Kristen's Instagtam? Her real live actual instagram which is linked to Herr mothers merely by Kristen being tagged in photos ProverbsMom posted herself.

Hey PM... lying is a sin. God doesn't like that, remember? Ten commandments? You maybe can repent of this one. But if you keep it up for appearances, then that quote you posted yesterday is meaningless. Do you really want to make yourself look good to everyone else by lying? Or are you gonna tell the truth and be as Godly as you claim to be?

How disgusting of her, trying to cover up that her daughter was molested by her husband. She cant run away from it forever.

That poor girl :( It seems like nobody cares.

This situation is just sad and awful.

I'm not trying to hand-slap so I apologise if it sounds hand-slappy, but I'm a bit worried about people emailing her even if it is to offer her support and guidance. I'm not sure if that's appropriate for adults who are strangers to talk to a minor girl about her molestation, especially because she is clearly poorly equipped to deal with the criticism her parents are getting right now.

I am very glad CPS has been alerted though.

Just my opinion, doesn't mean anything.

Yes, it is one thing to observe and critique/snark on someone's online presence, but quite another to interfere in their real life. Who knows what consequences may come for Kristen as a result of this FJ 'intervention'? We would not be so impressed if the fundies were intervening in our lives. I do not dispute that sexual molestation is wrong, of course, but I doubt that a teenager who was done sufficient JTTH mindbending to forgive her molester is going to be receptive to or reassured by reading a forum or emails that are talking about reporting her family to the police. She is probably scared shitless right now for many reasons... Perhaps I have just spent too much time dealing with university research ethics committees, but this whole situation of jumping from observation to intervention has made me extremely uncomfortable.

freejinger.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18972

After reading that, I can believe the girl didn't want to proceed with charges. She may well blame herself, which would result in overwhelming guilt if he were to be arrested and charged. This is a terrible position for her to be in, and this is why parents must take action to protect their kids. While I absolutely believe in following the child's lead to avoid further victimization, I also believe that this requires a very careful balance. I doubt any such balance was present here and that the mother was more inclined to push it away without ever considering the terrible toll on her daughter.

My heart goes out to the girl. I hope she can find peace and heal.

I will say I call bullshit on this longwinded justification.

First off, no one accidently grabs boobs "a couple of times" without realizing it. AND unintentional boob touch during roughhousing would not generally result in the girl cutting herself. So, mom is diminishing the incident. Secondly, the whole "bit where the child/daughter "confesses" this to the mother. WTF. The child was the victim, and victims don't confess, they report.

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

THANK YOU to the whistle blowers. Screenshots are so valuable now that they tried to scrub everything. Doesn't mommy know that the internet lives forever? Is K's Instagram still up?

At any rate, I got a question through to her last night about her homeschool curriculum, even after someone warned that FJ members were watching her. Poor girl couldn't name a program, saying they just used whatever because they were poor.

What do you wanna bet that they are the main topic at Duggar Church tomorrow? I just hope K isn't publicly shamed, beaten, or worse, for her involvement with us heathens whom, I believe, only want the best for her and her sisters. And from everything I've read, that means removal from the family home.

Wait, these people are in the Duggar Church? How creepy.

Wait, these people are in the Duggar Church? How creepy.

It makes one wonder if the Duggars knew about the sexual molestation.

It wasn't just once like that pitiful excuse of a mother was trying to claim. Kristin made it clear that he did this to her twice, at 13 at 15. I'm I remembering wrong or before she revealed he had molested her someone asked a question like "What is something you don't like?" and she responded with how her stepfather would scream and get angry at her for no reason and she didn't like that? I know later on in the ask.fm she started saying that her real father was the one screaming and leaving all the time, but I thought that originally she had written that her stepfather did screamed at her.

One question about her stepdad had been asked awhile ago, before we got there. Q: what is the one thing you hate the most? A:,when my stepdad yells at us when we didn't even do anything.

Then it was her saying bad things had happened to her and then the question of, "do you like your step dad?" came up, with her saying "yes and no, he's the one who did the bad things to me..."

At which point it was asked what and she said, exactly, "he sexually abused me."

I also remember now she said "bad things happened to me at 5, ___, 13, and 15." I assume the death of her father was at 5. Maybe moving was the second one, unless god forbid someone else hurt her (I think the blank said age 6, I don't think they had moved yet)

It makes one wonder if the Duggars knew about the sexual molestation.

"A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle." ~ Khalil Gibran

My knee-jerk reaction is that I doubt it simply because the degree of secrecy surrounding any kind of abuse but particularly sexual. BUT, I would not be the least bit surprised if there had been a public confession, apology and huge show of church-wide forgiveness. I've experienced at least one of these symbolic "trials," and it was grotesque. In that case, though, the law HAD been involved, and the rapist went to jail.

I really really hate to get handslappy, but I am kind of squicked out by people using the girl's full name on this board. Could we maybe call her K or KM or Proverbs Daughter or something? I know that we're all hoping that she gets out of this situation, and I think there's a good chance that, after receiving help, she could leave the fundamentalist cult that her parents exposed her to. I wouldn't want any future employers or friends to google her name and have this come up.

Maybe I'm just being sensitive. I really don't know much about how google searches work. Still, she is a minor, and I would like it if we protected her privacy in this way.

I agree that her real name should be taken out of posts. This is a minor who has suffered enough at the hands of her family, her name doesn't need to be associated with this if she is googled.

I think that the Church of the Duggars probably has been told, but in a way that downplays the abuse and places the blame on the daughter for "misunderstanding" what happened and making a big deal out of nothing.

If the daughter--or anyone else who has been through Gothard mind-control following sexual abuse--is reading here, there are a few things I want to say:

1) The abuse was not your fault. You did not bring it on or encourage it by defrauding your attacker (whether through immodest dress, indecent exposure, being out from the protection of your parents, or being with evil friends).

2) Your body, soul, and spirit are NOT different parts of you that you can simply take apart like a Lego toy. Your physical body is NOT less important than your soul or spirit, and you cannot compensate or make up for sexual abuse with spiritual power (aka being "mighty in spirit").

3) You should not feel guilty or ashamed about the abuse--it doesn't matter whether they claim it was a result of disobedience or rebellion (it was not, trust me), nor do YOU bear any guilt for not reporting it to authorities. That responsibility lies with the adults in your life.

4) It's okay to be angry. It's okay to be bitter--bitter is a word some people use when they don't want to accept your pain or they want to control your emotions. It's not okay for others to do that. You don't even have to forgive your attacker, unless you decide you want to at some point. But that's YOUR decision.

5) The idea of sexual abuse as "moral vaccination" is horrific and shameful. God did not allow your abuse in order to teach you not to lust or to correct your impurities.

Note: I don't believe any of these ideas myself. These principles were taught in early versions of Gothard's seminars for "counseling" sexual abuse victims. I don't know if his teachings in this area have changed significantly over the years, but I suspect at least some of them might still be taught, in some way, at JTTH. If anyone knows otherwise, I would be very keen to learn what is currently being taught to survivors.

Remember when she said her mom trusted her again on the internet? I bet her mom doesn't trust her now... and that is sad.

Sad, sad situation.

However, that murder story was featured in my Sociology of Murder class. I need to go re-check my textbook because it's been a few years but I remember that case detailed in the book and highlighted in the class. I'm off to go check my textbook now. I thought that case was under victim precipitated homicide and the guy with the phone started a fight but the neighbors brought guns to the fight instead.

Digging out my book. If I'm wrong, I would like to know, but I remember that case, and there can't be *that* many homicides where neighbors ambushed a man in his driveway with nothing but his cordless phone in his hands, with the perpetrators being a male/female pair.

Archived