IGNORED

The Proverbs daughter answers your questions

NotALoserLikeYou

This is heartbreaking. I hate that she lives with a mother who didn't immediately contact the police and get her into therapy.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh. My. God. Not only does she have to live with her rapist, JTtH also demands that she TRUST him. What, so he can do it again? This is just so sad, so fucked up.

Now she says that she forgave her father before she went to JTTH, but that isn't what she originally said. I think she is most likely deep in denial about how horrific this is. And this denial has been encouraged by her mother and ATI. Couldn't her mother get in trouble if it came out to the police that she knew her husband had molested her daughter not that long ago and she failed to report him or remove the children from living with him?

Could JTTH face charges for not reporting the molestation?

I don't know. Somebody there should be a mandatory reporter, but with that place who knows.

What exactly is wrong with the stepdad?

I dont think mandatory reporters exist in fundieland.

I dont think the average JTTH staff member cares about molestation, because of the victim blaming culture of fundieland and their insistence that all fundie men are Godly and would never do anything wrong.

Couldn't her mother get in trouble if it came out to the police that she knew her husband had molested her daughter not that long ago and she failed to report him or remove the children from living with him?

I don't know... are there Federal laws for this or is it by state? A friend was molested in high school by her stepdad, who was arrested. The court said she couldn't be in the same house as him, but her mom refused to leave him so my friend was removed from the home. But the courts allowed my friend's very young step-brothers (two sons mom had with the stepdad) to remain in the house with the parents. I guess there was no proof he molested them but its very troubling to think of little boys raised in that kind of environment.

I don't know. Somebody there should be a mandatory reporter, but with that place who knows.

What exactly is wrong with the stepdad?

Supposedly early stages of dementia.

He's 15 years older than the mom. The father of the older three girls was killed when they were very young and she met stepdad on-line some years later when she posted a profile on a Christian dating site. They married when her oldest daughter was 11.

He was a Daddy who didn't have any children, and my children had no Daddy. So special!
Yes, very "special" indeed.

It just seems like if you know a person has molested your child and you not only don't report it but you continue to allow children around this person you SHOULD get in trouble for that. If this guy has had two different times where he molesting her, then I have no doubt that he will try it with the other girls. My heart breaks for her. She was 13 when he started this and now she has been made to feel like she has to defend, love and trust him. This is sick.

I am guessing what she is trying to say is he had early onset dementia and was undiagnosed. This supposedly excuses his sexual abuse. Maybe now he is taking medication or something. He is in his 50s. She was 13.

THIS IS why so many fundies don't let their kids use the internet unsupervised!

I hope she is reading this and begins reading

recoveringgrace.org/

homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com

I hope she reads FJ and knows we will help her if she wants to. I hope she comes here the day she turns 18 and lets us.

:shock: I'm horrified and sick by what happened and even more that nothing was done. That happens way too much and it's never okay to justify someone harming your child. I want to physically throw up at her being a-ok with what happened and her naivety that it will never happen again. People who harm children are after serious control and no, they are rarely ever okay in the end. They don't magically not want to hurt people they can have total control over again. He deserves to be in jail and rot there. And I won't apologize for that and would say that directly to her face because fuck anyone who hurts a child, especially one who trusts them. Yes, she can forgive him, but she should not trust him again. He should never be near another child, especially a female child, ever again. He's a dangerous person and she needs to accept that fact. It's a good thing her biological father never had to witness what happened to his daughter because I imagine he'd be pissed at his wife for not doing anything about it and would probably wish he could harm the step-dad for what he did and yes, he would damn well deserve it. I don't say that about many people, but I get super pissed and extra stabby at anyone who harms a child. And I'm done because I can't talk anymore about this without typing a bunch of expletives to describe my feelings toward her step-dad and I've never met the man.

Er, shouldn't he be prosecuted if it's true?

Let me get this straight. She's sexually assaulted by her stepfather. Goes on a Journey where the morally bankrupt assholes there tell her she should forgive and forget, and she's under 18 and still living with him?

What's going on in that house? What about her sisters?

There are daycare children at the house too. I have no words for this one.

There are daycare children in the same house with him?! This is getting worse and worse.

She wrote that the police weren't involved because she didn't want to press charges. Can a minor do that??

She wrote that the police weren't involved because she didn't want to press charges. Can a minor do that??

No.

Assuming this is all true, it's far more likely that the police weren't involved because no one contacted them.

This is all pretty horrifying however I can't seem to find where DD1 posted this information. Has it been purged?

There are daycare children in the same house with him?! This is getting worse and worse.

I don't think she would even be able to get a daycare license with him in the house. The parents of these children need to know.

Check this out. Read 12:30 on the schedule: proverbsfamily.blogspot.com/2012/10/our-weekly-schedule.html "Occasionally, hubbie or I will take the girls out somewhere while they other stays with the nappers. " So he is alone with the girls at times. Not that it matters, because molestation can happen when everyone is home.

Someone here - preferably someone in her state - should screen-cap either what remains of her Q&A page or any archived versions of the page in your cache and report this to the police. I somehow doubt the police have ever been alerted.

Even under the best of circumstances – e.g., the man is in therapy, makes sure of his own volition that he is never alone with any of the girls, and has admitted to the victim that his crimes are wrong and not her fault – he should still be registered as a sex offender and there shouldn’t be a daycare running anywhere near this guy.

No.

Assuming this is all true, it's far more likely that the police weren't involved because no one contacted them.

This is all pretty horrifying however I can't seem to find where DD1 posted this information. Has it been purged?

Before, I read that she told her mother not to call the police and her mother didn't. But I can't seem to find that now. She must have removed it.

She has deleted a lot. That post was written last year. From what I can remember from the deleted answers her mother knew about this last year. So she left her kids with a man she knew was a child molester. I bet the duggars and their whole church knows.

She has deleted a lot, but she is posting about it again now...someone tipped her off to this site and that is why she deleted the stuff that was there earlier today.

Whoever is sending your mother hate mail needs to get off their high horse. I hope your foot gets better.

Thank you!

6 minutes ago

You make a good point. People need to get the story straight before making assumptions. You know what they say about assuming right? Nobody should bash your mother. As far as I am concerned, the only person at fault is your father... And I genuinely pray he didn't know what he was doing. Hugs!!!

Honesty he didn't know what he was doing. Now everyone is sending my mom hate emails. :( This day has SUCKED!! Plus I think I just broke my foot >:( Grrr!!!!!

8 minutes ago

Hey sweetie. People don't know you but they genuinely care about you and your siblings. Its awful what he did, and nobody wants to see you or your sisters go through that again. Nobody is trying to be mean... just looking out for you.

I understand that but, saying mean stuff about my mom who had no idea what was going on till I told her after my trip to JTTH and saying he should go to jail those ppl need to stop. My mom asked me if I wanted him too and I said no! I forgave him after the first time when I was 13 and when it happened again when I was 15 it took me til I was 16. If the people would ask me what happen and not come up with what they thought that happen it would have been better.

16 minutes ago

I understand that but, saying mean stuff about my mom who had no idea what was going on till I told her after my trip to JTTH and saying he should go to jail those ppl need to stop. My mom asked me if I wanted him too and I said no! I forgave him after the first time when I was 13 and when it happened again when I was 15 it took me til I was 16.

Her mother is just as vile and disgusting as her stepfather. Knowing your child was molested by your husband and not doing one friggin thing about it? They deserve to rot in hell together.

And the saddest thing is that in 15 or so years, chances are great that she'll end up with a husband who abuses her and her children, the never-ending cycle...

Alzheimer's can completely change a person's personality. I've heard of sweet little old ladies who turn into screaming, cussing people who will attack anyone they can. He has done this twice. He will do it again. He really might not be able to help it, I'm not sure how bad his Alzheimer's is, but it is the mother's job, now that she knows to remove the children from the situation. You do not get Jesus points for keeping your kids with a child molester, even if he is sick.

Archived