IGNORED

Creation Museum Experience RARE Lightening Strike

gustava

I like how the author describes it as "delicious irony." That's a perfect description.

I love the smell of schadenfreude in the morning.

Not finding the humor in this. Several weeks ago, three kids were struck by lightning at a Jewish summer camp. Two of the kids went home quickly. The third is still in the hospital with a catastrophic brain injury and has yet to make any purposeful movements.

Zip lines are not in the Bible. Clearly, Satan had invaded the museum and influenced the management to add this evil attraction, distracting from the message of THE LORD ( and which might be fun, also not a Biblical concept). The Creation Museum needed to be reminded of God's displeasure at their making a mockery of His Word!

Plus, maybe God was reminding them that it's stupid to stand around metal objects during a thunderstorm. God's protection only extends so far...

Not quite as good as when lightening struck, then set aflame, the Touchdown Jesus of Cincinnati, Ohio.

Oh, that was beautiful. Never have a enjoyed a giant Zombie Jesus burning down more.

5c_sgF0bYKE

Maybe it was a sign from God? If the man had been gravely injured, would God have paid all of his medical bills? :lol:

Not quite as good as when lightening struck, then set aflame, the Touchdown Jesus of Cincinnati, Ohio.

The TDJ was awesome! We saw it when we went to Cincy a few summers ago. It was during one of the "Mayan apocalypse raptures". I told my headship at least traffic wouldn't be so bad on the way home, since our heathen selves would definitely be left behind. Alas, TD Jesus didn't rapture anyone, and traffic was still a bitch.

Oh, that was beautiful. Never have a enjoyed a giant Zombie Jesus burning down more.

5c_sgF0bYKE

This has to be one of the best videos I've ever seen. The music made it so perfect. I have not laughed this much in years. I would "like" your post eleventy!!!!1!11!! times if I could.

There's a special place in hell for us, I'm sure, and Flaming Touchdown Jesus will be there, waiting.

The museum released a statement about how thankful they are that no one was hurt. No word on how God obviously has a bone to pick with their facility. Based on that, I'm going to assume they're not the type of fundies who believe God speaks to humanity through natural disasters.

WAIT, nope, never mind. In 2008, Ken Ham implied that Hurricane Ike happened because of our sins*. I look forward to hearing what sins caused the lightning strike.

*(blogs.answersingenesis.org/blogs/ken-ham/2008/09/16/storm-damage-clean-up/)

In all fairness, we had several lightening strikes in the area that same day. In one instance, a car was struck by lightening and the responding police officer was hit by a semi.

Still, I like to think God is PO'd with the Creation Museum.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/2 ... 95010.html

"Was it an act of God or just plain bad luck? Lightning struck Kentucky's Creation Museum Wednesday and left one staffer injured.

Around 1:20 p.m. on Aug. 21, employees of the Creation Museum went to clear attendees at the zip line who were waiting in line during a storm, according to local station WLWT.

Shortly after, a call was placed to the Boone County Public Safety Communications Center stating a man was struck by lightning while operating the zip line, according to a Scripps Media report. Emergency crews arrived on the scene at 1:45 p.m. to find the 20-something victim conscious but complaining of tingling in his fingers.

Apparently, lightning struck the zip line, and the Creation Museum employee got hurt while grabbing it.

"Lightning struck somewhere, we are not even sure where yet, and one of our zip line guides was on the ground assisting guests and got hit by some electricity that came off of one of the lines," a man with the museum told local NBC affiliate WLEX. "The electricity generated by the lightning knocked him down and caused some concern."

The victim was taken to Saint Elizabeth Lawrence Hospital.

The Creation Museum posted an update on his condition on its Facebook page:

We are pleased to confirm that no serious injury resulted from a minor accident on our zip line course today. In the course of clearing the zip lines because of an approaching storm, a staff member under the employment of the company that operates the attraction who was on the ground and touching the zip line received a shock from a lightning strike to the line. He did not seem to be seriously hurt but was taken to the hospital to be checked out as a precaution. The safety of our guests is our highest priority, and it is our policy to routinely clear the zip lines in inclement weather. This was the case today, and we are thankful no one was seriously injured as a result.

Hemant Mehta, a teacher from Illinois and visitor of the museum, told the Associated Press the Creation Museum added the zip line "for the same reason evangelical megachurches have amazing bands open their worship sessions — it has nothing to do with the service itself, but it might draw in a different crowd."

Archived