IGNORED

Money Saving Mom confessions

Guest madeinusa

I agree with the above.

I worked with her for a few months when we were both doing stuff for a homeschooling magazine. She's super nice. Waaaaaay Type A, lol. And I am not.

It's completely possible to be QF without a baby every year (my youngest is 4 and we have never used any kind of birth control, including NFP, and I haven't hit 30 yet). If Crystal has parents who were QF without a huge horde of children, then she may also have the same experience. Being very small, eating little, and exercising a ton, combined with WAHM stress could play a part in the physical aspect of it too.

Crystal does seem to be eating better, but she doesn't eat that much. I'm sure those kids cry for snacks all the time.

I know what you mean about the gap between Crystal the business person and Crystal the fundie growing wider all the time. It's interesting to me that so many fundies are high and mighty about the wife staying home with the kids, but yet their main task in life seems to be making the kids play by themselves so they can get work done. Crystal's kids are still fairly young to be "playing by themselves" for hours on end. I think those 2 oldest girls are about 4 and 6. I think the little boy is almost 3. Instead of making the 6 year old babysit the other two all the time, how about a "mother's day out" program? She's writing a book for goodness sakes. The kids cannot nap for 18 hours a day or play by themselves for that long. She occasionally writes about how she "turned her back for just a second" and the kids dumped something all over the floor, etc. I think she needs a nanny or a good quality mother's day out program, without the guilt. God forbid she put them in public schools.

Archived