IGNORED

Fuck You, Pro-Lifers, I Have Lost Respect for You...

Anxious Girl

And don't bawww at me and say, "not all pro-lifers are like that!" When was the last time a pro-choicer voted for laws that made it acceptable to terminate woman's pregnancy if she didn't want to in Arkansas, Arizona, North Carolina, North Dakota, Texas and Virginia? That's right, NONE! When was the last time pro-choicers prayed in front of churches and harassed women to terminate their pregnancies? When was the last time a mass of pro-lifers were arrested when peacefully protesting pro-choice laws?

Can't name 1? When was the last time a pro-choicer planned to murder a pro-lifer to make a Goddamned fucking political statement?!?!?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/0 ... parenthood. Here are some "lovely" quotes from Ralph Lang who planned to kill a doctor who worked at a Planned Parent Hood in Wisconsin, and quotes of his actions:

Police were called to the scene, and he was arrested after telling them that he was going "to lay out abortionists because they are killing babies."

Lang did not consider the lives of those at the Planned Parenthood clinic when he planned to kill a doctor
Because cells and fetuses are so Goddamned fucking much more important than the human beings living outside the womb, right?!?!? Protect the fetus and deny the babies because their parents are welfare royalty! Makes so much bloody sense! /sarcasm

The judge also noted that Lang had not expressed remorse despite many opportunities, leaving the impression that he would attempt the plot again if he were freed.
Why do all of you pro-lifers support martyrdom? You do realize that it's the same as suicide bombing, but without the bombing part? But when pro-life and Christian pro-lifers do it, it's bravery! Such fucking batshit insane hypocrites!

Pro-lifers here, don't try and convince me how loving, kind and nice you are. To me, you deserve no respect and are sick fucks. I am literally shaking with anger right now. Please go fuck yourselves with rusty legos. :angry-banghead: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussing: :angry-fire: :angry-screaming: :angry-fire: :angry-fire: :angry-fire: :angry-fire: :angry-fire: :angry-fire:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completely agree with you 100%. This issue is something that irritates me beyond measurement.

Why is the life of the unborn foetus more important than the life of an actual living person? A person who is probably a provider, a father/mother, a husband/wife. Someone who cares about actual living people.

I recently had a Facebook "friend" post an anti-abortion propaganda picture (the one with a tiny little baby in someone’s hands). I was going to have a full on rant, but just deleted her instead.

I don't call them Pro-Lifers, I call them Anti-Choicers. I don't run Oprah style going "And you get an abortion, an abortion for you, abortions for everyone" and I don't even think that abortion is the right choice FOR ME, but I cannot wrap my head around how the Anti-choicers think that what is right for them must just be right for everyone. I want to fricken shake them!! I have a lot of religious friends, and I simply say "I am more horrified and opposed to child abuse than I am to abortion". It really is as simple as that. It is without a doubt a FACT (here in SA at least that most abused, abandoned and neglected children are those who are not wanted to begin with.

Abortion is available freely and openly at all clinics here (without protesters), but the stigma and shame associated with it is what prevents our poor from getting abortions. We have ended up with thousands of unwanted and orphaned (usually by AIDS) children. People who live in the cities and have received better education, and success in their lives are more open to considering it.

I also don't get how the foetus is a precious life before birth, but it's perfectly okay for said child to be abused, neglected or abandoned once born and should not benefit from any form of welfare! I specifically remember one incident where Zsu (I think, I could be wrong) said that it was the child’s fault for the abuse because they were born into their mothers sin, or some shit like that. The idiocy of the statement was so astounding, I just can't even..............

I completely agree with you both. It makes me literally speechless with rage when an anti-choicer rails against abortion and in the same sentence goes on to say that they don't believe the children or parents should be supported by welfare. You're either pro-LIFE, as in all life, every human being, or you're just anti-choice.

It also makes me furious how they use deceit and even flat-out lies to try and con women into keeping pregnancies. They take photos of 22 week old fetuses and say it's a 10-week-old 'baby' because a blob of tissue doesn't elicit as much sympathy. Those little models of babies they use in crisis centers are NEVER accurate depictions of early stage fetuses. Never.

They HAVE to use lies and emotional manipulation because that's all the ammo they have. There is no logical reason to prevent abortion.

It's time we get angry. Is time we fight back. There is a War on Women from the right and its time to say NO!

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyat ... -to-death/

Here’s a question that’s always fun to ask pro-lifers: If abortion were illegal, what should the punishment be for women who have one?

The Facebook group “Life Begins At Conception†asked its members and the responses were a big bowl of terrifying:

Prison.

Prison for life.

The death penalty for the mother.

The death penalty for the abortion provider.

A “full hysterectomy at the least.â€

A “small injection of saline,†just to make the mother suffer.

Yeah, so prolife :roll:

If you feel like your BP is just a little too low, you should check out that FB group or any of the others run by its "owner" Samantha (or <3Sam). She's recently reintroduced herself as being pro innocent life, which allows her to support the death penalty and be "tickled pink" about the George Zimmerman verdict :angry-fire: She and her admins are so mind-numbingly stupid that the page's fans routinely turn against them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I will not take prolifers seriously until they start fighting just as hard for forced organ and blood donation. If you're okay with women not being in control of their bodies in order for another person to be born, you should be just as okay with strapping people down against their will and taking blood, harvesting bone marrow, pieces of liver and a kidney.

Until then, they need to STFU.

Every time an anti-choicer posts on facebook, show their complete facebook account and pass it around to pro-choicers. Submit every comment they make to FStDt (fundiessaythedarndestthings).com. They want to play dirty, we can do that too.

Oh, you have just now lost respect? Welcome to the club, have a seat next to me!

They are assholes, plain and simple. They aren't pro-life, I refuse to call them that. They are pro-fetus, that's it.

If I ever met someone who is pro-fetus, anti-death penalty, pro-healthcare for everyone, pro-making sure people aren't starving, anti-gunsgunsguns, pro-saving a mother's life and spent their time feeding the poor and helping the sick etc. then I would at least respect them for their principles and for walking the walk.

Alas, I've haven't met that person yet.

Those of you who "know" me might remember that I'm a peaceable insect, for the most part. I make friends easily and hold close friends to me though thin and thick.

That said, one 10-year friendship is probably headed for the skids. This person posted to my Facebook account (wall?) a huge meme of Duck Dynasty patriarch [ugh] Phil Robertson saying, "In America we have the right to life, especially within our mother's body. What has happened to us?"

Unsure of FB protocol I consulted an expert [young person] and deleted the item without any explanation to my friend. We'll see if s/he asks me about it. Apparently I've kept my mouth shut too well. Were I less peaceful, I'd post a pro-choice on his/her wall. Actually I may be moving toward less peace. Hard to say. I dunno. :doh:

Oh, you have just now lost respect? Welcome to the club, have a seat next to me!

They are assholes, plain and simple. They aren't pro-life, I refuse to call them that. They are pro-fetus, that's it.

If I ever met someone who is pro-fetus, anti-death penalty, pro-healthcare for everyone, pro-making sure people aren't starving, anti-gunsgunsguns, pro-saving a mother's life and spent their time feeding the poor and helping the sick etc. then I would at least respect them for their principles and for walking the walk.

Alas, I've haven't met that person yet.

Well, if I could, I would introduce you to my priest/spiritual father and his wife, because that's them, to a tee. I have met a few other people in my life that also fit that description, so far, all Orthodox.

There have been times where he and a fellow priest went to pray near a clinic - NOT in front, NOT on the same block, NOT harassing or even speaking to anyone going in or out - just standing literally across the street, minding their own business and praying. They always get obscenities shouted at them, and occasionally fast food bags and glass bottles thrown at them. Personally, I think that's out of line.

I made a friend while I was in psychiatric care awhile back, whom when she was released literally had nowhere to go. Fr. B. let her sleep in his living room and gave her work to do at the church to earn enough money to get a deposit on an apartment. He does things like that every. single. day. of his life. He walks the walk.

I don't know why I posted this, other than the whole thread makes me sad for all kinds of reasons and there ARE people out there who aren't the way people are describing. I guess they're just really few and far-between. :cry:

Yay! MamaJunebug, you're back! Good to see you posting again. :greetings-waveyellow:

On topic: Yesterday I heard that my home state of SC was making it a crime to be homeless in the city of Columbia. NC is cutting programs and funding, and those innocent babies they make such a fuss about have grown into children that will now be hungry. The same people who fight so strongly for a fetus, don't give a damn about them once they take their first breath outside the womb. It makes me want to cry, and then it makes me want to fight. I will not be silent about these disgraceful decisions anymore. I called my state senators yesterday about the homeless issue, and I will continue to fund Wendy Davis because she gives a voice to all of us who are mad as hell and not going to take it anymore. Why do they hate women and the less fortunate? There is an icky evilness to some of the new laws and legislation, and it makes me furious. It seems to me that politicians use these issues as talking points, and forget or plain don't care that the decisions they are making are effecting real human beings. Callous self centered bastards.

Well, if I could, I would introduce you to my priest/spiritual father and his wife, because that's them, to a tee. I have met a few other people in my life that also fit that description, so far, all Orthodox.

There have been times where he and a fellow priest went to pray near a clinic - NOT in front, NOT on the same block, NOT harassing or even speaking to anyone going in or out - just standing literally across the street, minding their own business and praying. They always get obscenities shouted at them, and occasionally fast food bags and glass bottles thrown at them. Personally, I think that's out of line.

I made a friend while I was in psychiatric care awhile back, whom when she was released literally had nowhere to go. Fr. B. let her sleep in his living room and gave her work to do at the church to earn enough money to get a deposit on an apartment. He does things like that every. single. day. of his life. He walks the walk.

I don't know why I posted this, other than the whole thread makes me sad for all kinds of reasons and there ARE people out there who aren't the way people are describing. I guess they're just really few and far-between. :cry:

I left out anti-war. :lol:

I think that's great, I have tons of respect for them. I need to hang out with more orthodox folks, I guess! After I posted that my husband pointed out the Benedictines might fit the bill as well. But yeah, too few and far between.

You can't be anti-choice and pro-woman. No matter what wonderful things they do, if they are anti-choice then they are also anti-woman. You can't respect women and then say that their lives lack value to the point that you are okay with forcing them to continue a pregnancy against their will. Especially since it can kill the woman, cause a life time of physical and emotional problems, and, as the recent study has shown, just in general fuck up their lives.

Yay! MamaJunebug, you're back! Good to see you posting again. :greetings-waveyellow:

On topic: Yesterday I heard that my home state of SC was making it a crime to be homeless in the city of Columbia. NC is cutting programs and funding, and those innocent babies they make such a fuss about have grown into children that will now be hungry. The same people who fight so strongly for a fetus, don't give a damn about them once they take their first breath outside the womb. It makes me want to cry, and then it makes me want to fight. I will not be silent about these disgraceful decisions anymore. I called my state senators yesterday about the homeless issue, and I will continue to fund Wendy Davis because she gives a voice to all of us who are mad as hell and not going to take it anymore. Why do they hate women and the less fortunate? There is an icky evilness to some of the new laws and legislation, and it makes me furious. It seems to me that politicians use these issues as talking points, and forget or plain don't care that the decisions they are making are effecting real human beings. Callous self centered bastards.

And to think that Jesus said to people that in order to be sure that they were going to Heaven to give away all their materialistic needs including their house to the poor and to preach the gospel with love with only the clothes that they need to wear on their backs; do ya think these fundie politicians would do that? Hell no! They would screw all over the poor while preaching fire and brimstone! :angry-fire:

A NARAL volunteer I knew was once tabling at an event when a young man from a pro-life group came up to her. After prefacing what he was about to say with statements about how he thought she was a murderer, he said that he was confused about something and no one in his group was giving a satisfactory answer. He asked her, "Why are the people in my group pro-life, but supportive of the death penalty? It doesn't make sense to me." She responded, "Because being 'pro-life' is not about protecting life. It is about control."

And don't bawww at me and say, "not all pro-lifers are like that!" When was the last time a pro-choicer voted for laws that made it acceptable to terminate woman's pregnancy if she didn't want to in Arkansas, Arizona, North Carolina, North Dakota, Texas and Virginia? That's right, NONE! When was the last time pro-choicers prayed in front of churches and harassed women to terminate their pregnancies? When was the last time a mass of pro-lifers were arrested when peacefully protesting pro-choice laws?

Can't name 1? When was the last time a pro-choicer planned to murder a pro-lifer to make a Goddamned fucking political statement?!?!?

Well, no one here would disagree that I know of, so we won't be "bawwing" at you. To me, being pro-choice is being pro-life because I care about the living more than I care about an enviable fetus that may or may not get the chance to live at all.

You can't be anti-choice and pro-woman. No matter what wonderful things they do, if they are anti-choice then they are also anti-woman. You can't respect women and then say that their lives lack value to the point that you are okay with forcing them to continue a pregnancy against their will. Especially since it can kill the woman, cause a life time of physical and emotional problems, and, as the recent study has shown, just in general fuck up their lives.

I think you CAN be pro-life and pro-woman, if you also consider the life of the woman. You can't be anti-choice and pro-woman, I agree with that.

If someone believes abortion shouldn't happen unless the mother's life is in danger (for whatever reason) and they are anti-death penalty, anti-war, anti-poverty etc (see above) then I have no problem calling them "pro-life" and I have more respect for them than I will ever have for pro-fetus, anti-choice hypocrites who co-opt that term. I don't agree with them at all, I am staunchly pro-choice, but I can respect them for adhering to their pro-LIFE beliefs.

I think you CAN be pro-life and pro-woman, if you also consider the life of the woman. You can't be anti-choice and pro-woman, I agree with that.

If someone believes abortion shouldn't happen unless the mother's life is in danger (for whatever reason) and they are anti-death penalty, anti-war, anti-poverty etc (see above) then I have no problem calling them "pro-life" and I have more respect for them than I will ever have for pro-fetus, anti-choice hypocrites who co-opt that term. I don't agree with them at all, I am staunchly pro-choice, but I can respect them for adhering to their pro-LIFE beliefs.

That's called pro-choice. Caring about a woman who wants to go through childbirth and pregnancy and not judging women who get abortions are pro-choice. Why are people so afraid of this term? :roll:

That's called pro-choice. Caring about a woman who wants to go through childbirth and pregnancy and not judging women who get abortions are pro-choice. Why are people so afraid of this term? :roll:

I don't think anyone is afraid of the term here. The term pro-life signifies caring about life. Caring about a woman's life is pro-life to me. Pro-life label is a false label that sounds like those against it don't care about life, when that's far from the truth. In the majority of cases, those who call themselves pro-life don't care about life at all. They care about a fetus. They are anti-choice for women and their bodily autonomy. Pro-choice for abortion is pro-life for women because they're alive right now and they have the right to their own bodies and the right to live.

Not afraid of the term, but I feel it's different.

Pro-choice means believing a woman has the power to have an abortion or not.

My point is that pro-LIFE is different - it should mean more than being anti-abortion or anti-choice, it should include not killing people or letting them die bc they are too poor to afford healthcare or food. Etc. Since so many anti-choicers are not at all pro-life (guns guns guns and pro-death penalty, for example) I bristle when they use the term "pro-life". It's a lie.

No, if you are willing to not allow women the right to choose before their life is in danger then you are not pro-woman. Not even if you say that if her life is in danger she can be allowed an abortion.

~Women can die in childbirth/pregnancy even today, even with the best of medical care and the option to have a quick abortion. If you are willing to force a woman to continue a pregnancy against her will you are saying you are willing for her to die. In fact one of the women in the study died because of complications that arose after she gave birth. She most likely would be alive if she had had the abortion she had wanted. Being anti-choice is making women disposable objects.

~Pregnancy and childbirth, even if it doesn't kill you, can cause a lifetime of physical problem. You aren't placing any value on the QUALITY of a woman's life if you are willing to force them to suffer physical problems for the sake of a fetus.

~Even if it doesn't cause a lifetime of physical problems. Pregnancy can be horrible. So the ant-choice people place such little value on women that they are willing to make them suffer for at least 9 months. Giving birth can be the most god-awful pain in the world, and the "pro-life" crowd is willing to force women to endure it, because, hey they will suffer but at least they won't die. No, this isn't being pro-woman. It is saying that the fetus is more important so the woman can just be in pain.

~The study done on women who were denied abortions showed that those who were not allowed abortions were more likely to stay in abusive relationships and have a lower income when compared to women who were allowed to have abortions. So, yet again, if a person is willing to deny a woman an abortion because she isn't about to die, they aren't carrying about the quality of her life. They are not being pro-woman.

The people who only allow an abortion if the woman's life is in danger are still not being pro-life since they care so little for the life and quality of life the woman has.

No, if you are willing to not allow women the right to choose before their life is in danger then you are not pro-woman. Not even if you say that if her life is in danger she can be allowed an abortion.

~Women can die in childbirth/pregnancy even today, even with the best of medical care and the option to have a quick abortion. If you are willing to force a woman to continue a pregnancy against her will you are saying you are willing for her to die. In fact one of the women in the study died because of complications that arose after she gave birth. She most likely would be alive if she had had the abortion she had wanted. Being anti-choice is making women disposable objects.

~Pregnancy and childbirth, even if it doesn't kill you, can cause a lifetime of physical problem. You aren't placing any value on the QUALITY of a woman's life if you are willing to force them to suffer physical problems for the sake of a fetus.

~Even if it doesn't cause a lifetime of physical problems. Pregnancy can be horrible. So the ant-choice people place such little value on women that they are willing to make them suffer for at least 9 months. Giving birth can be the most god-awful pain in the world, and the "pro-life" crowd is willing to force women to endure it, because, hey they will suffer but at least they won't die. No, this isn't being pro-woman. It is saying that the fetus is more important so the woman can just be in pain.

~The study done on women who were denied abortions showed that those who were not allowed abortions were more likely to stay in abusive relationships and have a lower income when compared to women who were allowed to have abortions. So, yet again, if a person is willing to deny a woman an abortion because she isn't about to die, they aren't carrying about the quality of her life. They are not being pro-woman.

The people who only allow an abortion if the woman's life is in danger are still not being pro-life since they care so little for the life and quality of life the woman has.

I said that. I said pro-life would include taking the woman's life into account. If her life is in danger for any reason because of pregnancy then abortion should be an option if you are pro-LIFE.

Here's exactly what I said above:

ETA: We agree.

I said "for whatever reason", and abuse etc. is certainly included in that.

Archived