IGNORED

Ken Ham Says evolution is logical and science has not proven

doggie

So he says logic and science proven evolution but you are supposed to dump reason and logic and believe the bible instead.

The founder of the Creation Museum in Kentucky says logic isn’t the way to finally debunk evolution because there is no scientific evidence that proves evolution is a lie. So what he is really saying logic reason and facts are not in the bible and if you have these then you will not be a true christian. I think this is like shooting yourself in the foot trying to prove guns are safe. .

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/religion ... evolution#

Ken Ham, the president of Answers in Genesis, says the final nail in evolution’s coffin is presenting the evidence put forth in the Bible in a new 60-second radio ad for the museum released Thursday.

“We have solid proof in our hands that evolution is a lie: the Bible,†Ham said. “You see, we can’t depend solely on our reasoning ability to convince skeptics. We present the evidence and do the best we can to convince people the truth of God by always pointing them to the Bible.â€

Ham said that because God has revealed himself “through nature†there is no need for scientific evidence that Creation is real.

The museum, which opened in 2007, shows biblical characters and dinosaurs co-existing. Ham has argued that dinosaurs even accompanied animals on Noah’s Ark.

In a recent video interview, creationist author and filmmaker Darek Isaacs argued that dragons were real creature that walked the earth with humans.

Evolution is logical. Logic is bad. Got it.

I am happy to learn dragons once existed, though!

Dragons totally do exist even now! They coexist with humans.

komodo-dragon-picture.jpg

Oh wait, he's not talking about those?

(Komodo Time!)

OK, when I went thru the museum this spring, I was chasing a 2 & 4 yr old, so I missed their fine point of how evolution was incorrect, but natural selection was OK (couldn't follow that one), but they put out the idea that dragons=dinosaurs, and that Noah took about 50 pairs of dinos on board. He could do that because the dinos were smaller. When they got off the boat, they "naturally selected" themselves into larger/different kinds of dinos. They have lovely dioramas of how they have cages for them all on the ark. Creation museum= nice dioramas, great wax figures of Biblical characters, bad at science & reasoning.

Who needs logic at a museum? They have zip lines & a nice petting zoo!

OK, I haven't posted here in years, but this has brought me out for a drive-by. As a biology professor teaching in the southern US, I am strangely happy about this. Ken Ham has openly stated that scientific evidence supports evolution! I have told my students for years that I quite honestly do not care about their religious beliefs. Faith is not science. If they believe that the earth is <10,000 years old because they accept on faith that the Bible is inerrant, then yay for them. However, they should not try to tell me there is no evidence/faulty evidence supporting evolution, because then they would be incorrect. That student's belief does not change whether or not evolution occurs, and it will go on without them.

Maybe I can finally stop answering questions about transitional forms. That argument was valid in the 1800's. Not now.

Note - Being happy that Ken Ham recognizes that evolution happens (really, he did), does not extend to ceasing to mock him and Answers in Genesis. I will also continue to fail students who (unwittingly and idiotically) copy essays from AiG and present them as essays in evolution.

Dragons totally do exist even now! They coexist with humans.

komodo-dragon-picture.jpg

Oh wait, he's not talking about those?

(Komodo Time!)

D'Awwwwwwwwwwwww they're kissing :romance-admire::romance-admire:

Ken Ham seems to have given up attacking evolution on the basis of 'logical flaws' (the approach of most YEC curricula).

Now he's resorting to, "nyahnyahnyahnyah, I can't hear you" while sticking his fingers in his ears.

Ken Ham seems to have given up attacking evolution on the basis of 'logical flaws' (the approach of most YEC curricula).

Now he's resorting to, "nyahnyahnyahnyah, I can't hear you" while sticking his fingers in his ears.

I think this will bite him in the ass. he is saying conservative Christians are illogical, ignorant, and gullible.

Bleh. I should have known better. I went over to Pharyngula to see what Myers had to say. I guess I should have watched the video, but I can't stomach Ham.

So now I am back to my state before I read this post. A student in a GA school had her poster for "The Crucible" removed from the school (and the play removed from the curriculum, at least temporarily) because it quoted, "God is dead." Another student was offended because apparently neither the student nor her mother was familiar with the play. Combine that with an event last week at our college where another professor made some "Christians are persecuted tooooooooo!!!!!" remarks after an e-mail reminding us of the Safe Space program, and I am losing my (limited) tolerance.

I think this will bite him in the ass. he is saying conservative Christians are illogical, ignorant, and gullible.

What of it? They're virtues to them.

OK, when I went thru the museum this spring, I was chasing a 2 & 4 yr old, so I missed their fine point of how evolution was incorrect, but natural selection was OK (couldn't follow that one),

In the 90's they insisted natural selection was impossible, that the only selection possible was artificial selection like that practiced by dog breeders and horticulturalists. But sometime around the late 90's they gave up trying to deny it any longer, admitted the evidence is overwhelming and moved their goalposts to speciation. They now admit everything in the TOE bar speciation, which is an even crazier position than denying selection. Because, logically, if selection can occur and isolation can occur, then speciation is inevitable. They try to drag abiogenesis into the discussion to muddy the waters whenever possible.

So ham says science is right and wrong and the bible is wrong but right. Well the study saying atheists are smarter is proven true.

Archived