IGNORED

Leave and Cleave, Baby! The Crazy Seppis.

punkiepie

So it seems the Seppi's have updated their family photos on the blog header, and Dinah is gone. That didnt take long- less than 2 wks?! They really got rid of her fast. It's so weird to me how as soon as they get married, it's like they're out of the family. It's like Dinah is Dustin's now, she belongs to him and not them anymore so she can't be in our family picture, lest it seem as though Dustin's authority is being usurped. I know the Maxwell's do this, can anyone think of other family's that are this crazy about it?

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/

Oh, and I'm seriously squicked out by how much the new husband and her brother look alike. Am I the only one who sees it?

Bugger I thought this was a birth announcement for Cleve and Lise.

Oh, and I'm seriously squicked out by how much the new husband and her brother look alike. Am I the only one who sees it?

Yes, I was wondering how well her father knew his mother., actually.

So it seems the Seppi's have updated their family photos on the blog header, and Dinah is gone. That didnt take long- less than 2 wks?! They really got rid of her fast. It's so weird to me how as soon as they get married, it's like they're out of the family. It's like Dinah is Dustin's now, she belongs to him and not them anymore so she can't be in our family picture, lest it seem as though Dustin's authority is being usurped. I know the Maxwell's do this, can anyone think of other family's that are this crazy about it?

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/

Oh yes, I showed the picture to my daughter and she pointed out that they even have the same eyebrows. There's no way in hell I'd marry my brother's doppleganger. Too creepy.

i find it especially odd because in my family, when someone gets married that person is ADDED to the family pictures...so glad my family still claims me as theirs despite the fact that i am married.

i find it especially odd because in my family, when someone gets married that person is ADDED to the family pictures...so glad my family still claims me as theirs despite the fact that i am married.

This.

This is normal behavior.

The Maxwells do it too. Not that many of theirs have left the nest, literally or figuratively, but as soon as Christopher got married, he was out of family pictures. They marry them off (if they can) and they become 'relatives', no longer family members.

My family does what most others do - marriage brings new people into the family, no one leaves.

Fundies are all sorts of fucked up strange.

Can anyone give a quick background on these folks? I'm looking at their page, and the most I get from them is that they are reformed post-millenials or something, and everyone else are heretics.

They *do* include photos of the marrieds down the LH side of the blog. More than they do over at DryAsDust2.com.

Check out the snaps of the wedding guests -- many bare arms and low-cut dresses without t-shirts beneath (and those were the MEN! JOKING, Joking!!!!! :lol: :lol: ) Makes me wonder where the normally [sic] dressed folks fit into the Seppi system. Are they relations who just come out for weddings and baptisms, funerals? Are they politically ultra-conservative like the Seppis, but more liberally - or even less - religious?

Inquiring minds kinda sorta wanna know. :wink-kitty:

They *do* include photos of the marrieds down the LH side of the blog. More than they do over at DryAsDust2.com.

Check out the snaps of the wedding guests -- many bare arms and low-cut dresses without t-shirts beneath (and those were the MEN! JOKING, Joking!!!!! :lol: :lol: ) Makes me wonder where the normally [sic] dressed folks fit into the Seppi system. Are they relations who just come out for weddings and baptisms, funerals? Are they politically ultra-conservative like the Seppis, but more liberally - or even less - religious?

Well new husband Dustin- his family seems fundie lite- his sister had very defrauding bridesmaid dresses. So I don't know where Dustin got on the crazy train. And Abigail- Greg's daughter from first marriage, goes to public school and Greg and Regina go to the high school football games.

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2013/06/dustin-purposed-dinah-said-yes.html?m=1

The one thing I do like about the Seppi's is that they will post pictures that don't necessarily coincide with their beliefs.

The Seppis push their insane views pretty hard on their blog, but one thing they don't do is "call out" friends and family members for their immodesty or even their "immorality." They seem strangely resigned to the fact that the vast majority of people will never agree with their theology, their politics, or their way of life. Does their belief in predestination explain this? Maybe.

That is weird that married kids are no longer listed as family and are seen as belonging to another family instead. Like they lose a family member as opposed to gaining the in-law as one.

Archived