IGNORED

Quiverful Brits Documentary

Deleted04

I just watched it. I agree, her brother Matthew seems a bit...flamboyant: "Once a girl tried to hit on me, and it made me feel really uncomfortable and didn't turn me on so I walked away" (paraphrased).

Thanks for the links! :D

I'm loving this thread :D

I watched Deborah while I ate dinner today, and mentioned it to one of my friends (also a liberal Christian like me), and she said: "enjoy your weird creationist 13 year old and her so obviously in the closet brother" and I had to laugh because I'm pretty sure her gaydar is about on par with mine most of the time, which is to say not the strongest.

I really liked her brother though, he seemed more laid back and genuinely nice and he felt bad that his sister laid so much emphasis on Hell...also I thought they were the cutest sibling friendship I've seen in a long long time. He did slightly ping my gaydar though, but only as much as a lot of conservative Christian boys I know, including an ex-boyfriend - somehow they all come across as very closeted and effeminate to me. Not all, but way more than in the general population...curious, curious...

I'd never heard of documentaryheaven before, so I've been (slowly) going through the list of documentaries and opening them up in new tabs to watch later.

A few UFO ones, and in the 'health' section I've found at least four HIV-denialism ones, a vaccines-are-evil one, three on how fluoride is so awful, one on how if you eat raw vegetables for a week you'll be cured of diabetes and not need to use drugs anymore, at least one on how kids are given all the drugs and why are they given all the drugs, at least one on how vaccines are awful.

And the thing is, ALL of those subjects have some truth in them - fluoride is NOT a totally safe substance, 'big pharma' does NOT have your best interests at heart, some kids ARE overdrugged, but I'm going to take a wild guess that these aren't documentaries going, "We still don't actually know how HIV got started, isn't that interesting?" or any of the discussions that are ACTUALLY ongoing, outside of deliberately ignorant conspiracy theorist forums.

I'm planning on watching some of the HIV ones (one's by the House of Numbers lady, Christine Maggiore - you know, the one who said she could gestate and breastfeed her baby without precautions even though she's HIV positive, and she didn't need drugs even though she's HIV positive, and both her and one of the two children died of AIDS?) and the fluoride ones, so I'll report back if the amount of stuff that isn't actually bullshit surprises me.

one on how if you eat raw vegetables for a week you'll be cured of diabetes and not need to use drugs anymore.

...Have they checked the GI of things like carrots recently? *facepalm*

So I watched the Deborah one and I know she's a child but by the end I want to take her and shake her.I know that's how she was raised but the rest of her siblings aren't looney, and I liked them. Something struck me as and my gaydar began to go off too and it is pretty accurate no matter how deep in the closet you are.

I also watched most hated family in America. For one I want to hit the mom in her face but that is assualt so Ill go with the nonviolent option. FJ finds out where they are and we hold a rally adjacent to where they are with signs saying we love the troops and playing broadway tunes,or any gay approved artist like Gaga .

Deborah has a blog.

deborahdrapper.com/

She's been to the US to meet Ray Comfort.

Also, she's thinking of studying law.

Archived