IGNORED

Lady Lydia Decorates....

nelliebelle1197

She lets her guests sleep on a 60 year old mattress.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can a mattress last 60 years? Surely by that long youre going to get the springs poking out and stabbing you in the ass when youre trying to sleep, or it being very uncomfortable from all the use.

Apparently, she also SEWS TOGETHER HER PAPERWORK!

This woman is just.completely.bonkers.

But wait, Emily Dickinson did, too! So maybe LL is a genius & we're just too blind to appreciate her pink glory.

http://www.english.illinois.edu/maps/po ... cicles.htm

(I'm assuming I don't have to break the link to a nonfundy university's site)

(Edited cos spelling is fun!)

But wait, Emily Dickinson did, too! So maybe LL is a genius & we're just too blind to appreciate her pink glory.

http://www.english.illinois.edu/maps/po ... cicles.htm

(I'm assuming I don't have to break the link to a nonfundy university's site)

(Edited cos spelling is fun!)

Awww! *smacksforehead* How I couldn´t see the obvious: sewing home-made booklets JUST LIKE A REAL VICTORIAN!

And apparently, one can can catch tuberculosis from her 60 year old 2nd hand mattresses too. Just like a real Victorian! :sick:

ahaha! Yes she does, doesn´t she :mrgreen:

I already wanted to include a bit Emily Howard in above post, here ya go:

lM5nCJjxKvc

How does changing the bedding even count as redecorating? Doesn't it require some other changes, like moving around the furniture or even getting different furniture? Was it beyond her to move the little couch thing up against the wall or something? Honestly, all she has done is made a bed several times, which is a skill that most 5 year-olds have mastered. Not impressed. She doesn't even get credit for matching colors, because when literally everything you own is only 3 colors that already coordinate, it's pretty much impossible to not match.

That is some fugly linen. Not sure how I'd feel sleeping under a table cloth.

I'm so disappointed. I was hoping she was going to show us how to decorate with tea, in the fog!

On a side note, every saturday, I go to the Farmers market to get fresh produce and the CelticDude and I stop at a cafe and get breakfast (they have the best steal cut oatmeal). We both get London Fog Tea. I always think of Lady Lydia, and snicker! The CelticDude still doesn't understand.

She lets her guests sleep on a 60 year old mattress.

But she calls them an early 1930s couple. So that means the mattress is probably about 80!!!!!!!!

I'm so disappointed. I was hoping she was going to show us how to decorate with tea, in the fog!

On a side note, every saturday, I go to the Farmers market to get fresh produce and the CelticDude and I stop at a cafe and get breakfast (they have the best steal cut oatmeal). We both get London Fog Tea. I always think of Lady Lydia, and snicker! The CelticDude still doesn't understand.

I had a Lady Lydia moment before when I went outside in my fleece dressing gown prevent some feline godzilla impersonations that were happening in the vegetable patch.

But she calls them an early 1930s couple. So that means the mattress is probably about 80!!!!!!!!

I am ashamed I did not catch that math error.

I bet that mattress has 600 pounds of old skin and bed bugs in it....

Where does she store all those quilts? Seriously. I live alone and only dress one bed. have one set of bedding (comforter, shams and throw pillows) for spring and summer and another set for fall and winter and then my sheets and towels and that fills up my linen closet. She must have a whole room just for linens!

I am ashamed I did not catch that math error.

I bet that mattress has 600 pounds of old skin and bed bugs in it....

Plus it's before polymer plastics. That thing is stuffed with horse hair and fabric scraps.

How can a mattress last 60 years? Surely by that long youre going to get the springs poking out and stabbing you in the ass when youre trying to sleep, or it being very uncomfortable from all the use.

Really. My mattress is about 14 years old and is not comfortable anymore. I've added a foam topper to keep it usable for now.

(And if the mattress is really from the 1930s, it's more like 80 years old now!)

She does have an enormous amount of bedding. I've always gotten the sense that she doesn't have much money, so how she acquired all of those quilts is a bit of a mystery. They can be expensive.

I am trying to imagine a circumstance in which I would compulsively change out the bedding in my guest bedroom and post pictures on a blog in hopes of getting approval from the internet, all in lieu of a career. Nope...can't imagine it.

You know, I think she must lead a very sad and empty life. Once in a while I go on a big organizing redecorating kick, but then I get it out of my system and it passes. I can't imagine making a lifestyle out of decorating my house over and over and encouraging other women to do the same. :?

FOR REALZ. It's a sign of boredom, depression and having no life, not necessarily in that order. I mean, I change my bed too and manage not to post multiple pics of it on tinternet.

Also, that is a fugly room. It looks like a cheap B&B and probably smells like one too. I once stayed in a cheap B&B to attend my union's national conference (I was a last-minute delegate after the one before me got ill so I didn't get a nice hotel room). It was as chintzy as shit and the couple next door fucked all night and all day and were very vocal about it (imagine being woken up at four am after a night out on the piss to a scream of "Give it to me up the arse, big boy! Harder! OOOOOOO!") Lady Lydia's room is giving me Brighton flashbacks.

My first thought was that she has way too much time on her hands.

I've also wondered if she might not be below average intellectually. The craft projects she engages in usually look like a child completed them, and she does odd, childish things like the infamous fog series, writing in crayon, obsessing over pink to a degree that is unusual for anyone other than prepubescent girls. Then again, when she's bitching about things she seems like every other fundie so who knows.

FOR REALZ. It's a sign of boredom, depression and having no life, not necessarily in that order. I mean, I change my bed too and manage not to post multiple pics of it on tinternet.

Also, that is a fugly room. It looks like a cheap B&B and probably smells like one too. I once stayed in a cheap B&B to attend my union's national conference (I was a last-minute delegate after the one before me got ill so I didn't get a nice hotel room). It was as chintzy as shit and the couple next door fucked all night and all day and were very vocal about it (imagine being woken up at four am after a night out on the piss to a scream of "Give it to me up the arse, big boy! Harder! OOOOOOO!") Lady Lydia's room is giving me Brighton flashbacks.

Now that we know there is a near-century old mattress on the bed, we can be assured that it smells! :ew:

Above someone asked about quilts and the costs:

She mentioned that daughter made at least one of them. Also, stores like Wal Mart have faux quilts that don't look that different from a distance for less than $30.

My first thought was that she has way too much time on her hands.

I've also wondered if she might not be below average intellectually. The craft projects she engages in usually look like a child completed them, and she does odd, childish things like the infamous fog series, writing in crayon, obsessing over pink to a degree that is unusual for anyone other than prepubescent girls. Then again, when she's bitching about things she seems like every other fundie so who knows.

I totally agree. They look like the kinds of 'young gells' activities my grandmother used to do with my sister & I to keep us busy when mum was *shock* working & we had school holidays for a week longer a few times a year.

The thing is, I don't think LL is necessarily challenged in the intellectual department. I think she has long term mental health issues, primarily stemming from a lack of social interaction and intellectual stimulation. I think the woman is, quite literally, bored out of her mind. The thing that really makes me wonder is that this seems to be...by choice. I do think she deludes herself about her sense of style, taste, creative abilities and talents--but I suspect this delusion is fuelled by her isolation. Without much to compare herself to, her glitterized-magazine imitation crafts probably seem quite...um..chic?

That white gathered blanket is the one I made last year from fleece.

Of course she made it from fleece! :lol:

That one quilt that she said was made by a lady who got all her material in ENGLAND!!! Squee!!!! looks just like one I had in the early 90's. It is practically identical. I think it came from a regular store around here, perhaps even Walmart.

I think some of you beat me to it already, but can you smell the musty and mildewy stench looking at these pictures or is it just me? :lol: Seriously I can feel my nose getting stuffed up right now. 60 year old mattress??! She has to be joking!

Could you imagine trying to sleep on that mattress? It must be like sleeping on a suspended fruit roll-up.

You got to wonder about her husband...I can't imagine too many patriarchs enjoy living in a pink nightmare :lol:

Holy fuck that's a lot of quilts. She did all that just to take pictures for this blog post?! That makes me sad.

Apparently she did. I keep saying, she is the living, breathing impersonation of Baby Jane Hudson. With perhaps a couple fewer ruffles and no disabled sister.

Archived