IGNORED

Lady Lydia Decorates....

nelliebelle1197

... the same room over and over and over.... then laments she needs new paint in her house... then spends hours changing her comforters when she could have been painting.

homeliving.blogspot.com/2013/08/creating-different-looks-for-room.html

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... the same room over and over and over.... then laments she needs new paint in her house... then spends hours changing her comforters when she could have been painting.

homeliving.blogspot.com/2013/08/creating-different-looks-for-room.html

Wait...don't tell me...the paint coloured she's thinking of wouldn't be pink, would it?

:roll:

I read her "Pleasant Respite" post and about died when I saw the crayons in the pic with her comment that she likes to write her letters in crayon!!! Can you imagine receiving a letter in crayon from a 60-something yo woman? :? :cray-cray: Just. Wow.

Apparently, she also SEWS TOGETHER HER PAPERWORK!

This woman is just.completely.bonkers.

WHAT?????

I think Lydia went insane years ago.

I wonder what made her like this? Has she always been the way she is? Did she start off normal and then gradually start getting crazier and crazier?

She's definitely loony, but I'm coveting that Dresden Plate quilt in one of her pictures. It would look great in my spare room--and I wouldn't have to paint the walls to match, either. :dance:

I am trying to imagine a circumstance in which I would compulsively change out the bedding in my guest bedroom and post pictures on a blog in hopes of getting approval from the internet, all in lieu of a career. Nope...can't imagine it.

You know, I think she must lead a very sad and empty life. Once in a while I go on a big organizing redecorating kick, but then I get it out of my system and it passes. I can't imagine making a lifestyle out of decorating my house over and over and encouraging other women to do the same. :?

You know, I think she must lead a very sad and empty life. Once in a while I go on a big organizing redecorating kick, but then I get it out of my system and it passes. I can't imagine making a lifestyle out of decorating my house over and over and encouraging other women to do the same.

I feel sort of sorry for her. She seems very alone, appears to live out in the country and not sure she has access to a vehicle while her husband is at work, does anyone know? She just seems friendless, bored and aimless.

You know, I think she must lead a very sad and empty life. Once in a while I go on a big organizing redecorating kick, but then I get it out of my system and it passes. I can't imagine making a lifestyle out of decorating my house over and over and encouraging other women to do the same.

I feel sort of sorry for her. She seems very alone, appears to live out in the country and not sure she has access to a vehicle while her husband is at work, does anyone know? She just seems friendless, bored and aimless.

Are all of her children grown? I was assuming they are. I get the impression that she's older. Much to my dismay, I also feel a bit sorry for her (I haven't read many of her posts, and if I did it might cure me). I just think that one day she's going to look back at her life and realize she wasted it all on lace doilies and ugly curtains. And then what??? :(

Are all of her children grown? I was assuming they are. I get the impression that she's older. Much to my dismay, I also feel a bit sorry for her (I haven't read many of her posts, and if I did it might cure me). I just think that one day she's going to look back at her life and realize she wasted it all on lace doilies and ugly curtains. And then what??? :(

I can't find it now, but I just read somewhere on her blog a few minutes ago that she's in her 60s. So I would imagine she probably IS alone-- and very bored. :?

I can't find it now, but I just read somewhere on her blog a few minutes ago that she's in her 60s. So I would imagine she probably IS alone-- and very bored. :?

:( That's what I figured.

:( That's what I figured.

Er...actually, I read it right here, up on VooDooChild's post. :embarrassed: That's what I get for jumping back and forth from one site to the other. :lol: I'm sure VooDoo's right, though. :)

She certainly likes the word pretty and the colors pink and mint green. I lasted nearly one minute on her blog. That's a record for me as I'm a world class time waster.

I think she's, how to put it, a tad below average intellectually. So, probably not bored, just more interested in simple sewing projects, and little crafty projects. Her activities seem on a par with what would interest a typical 4-5 year old girl.

Ugh. I always thought Lydia was innocuous, though obviously looney. But then I scrolled down through her tags at the left hand side of the screen. I was actually looking for "marriage" since I was wondering if there was anybody in her life who was saying "You know, honey, maybe it'd be nice to have a little less pink."

Instead I found a screed of how great things were in Zimbabwe (which she refers to, intentionally, as Rhodesia) before the collapse of the empire. And yes, obviously, it's not like the place is just wonderful now, but come ON. Does she really think that the citizens of that country revolted against the white minority government just for kicks? She seems to think that being an exporting nation equals a happy, prosperous country (n.b. Irish Famine of the 1840s).

They can try to cover it up but it always seeps through.

So.much.pink.

I don't know why, but I imagine Lady Lydia cavorting around the house like Baby Jane Hudson...disconnected from reality in a carefully crafted fantasy world.

Ugh. I always thought Lydia was innocuous, though obviously looney. But then I scrolled down through her tags at the left hand side of the screen. I was actually looking for "marriage" since I was wondering if there was anybody in her life who was saying "You know, honey, maybe it'd be nice to have a little less pink."

Instead I found a screed of how great things were in Zimbabwe (which she refers to, intentionally, as Rhodesia) before the collapse of the empire. And yes, obviously, it's not like the place is just wonderful now, but come ON. Does she really think that the citizens of that country revolted against the white minority government just for kicks? She seems to think that being an exporting nation equals a happy, prosperous country (n.b. Irish Famine of the 1840s).

They can try to cover it up but it always seeps through.

Well, she IS a colonial herself! Doesn't her husband serve as pastor in some church. Shouldn't she be doing church lady stuff? Like charity and caring for the members?

She doesn't do too much outside the home because home is where you should be, and it's important not to expend your energy on things external to the home.

I think she's, how to put it, a tad below average intellectually. So, probably not bored, just more interested in simple sewing projects, and little crafty projects. Her activities seem on a par with what would interest a typical 4-5 year old girl.

I agree with that. Which makes her harder to snark, for me, regardless of her political views, because well, if she is not bright, she is likely just repeating things she has heard (or her headship has told her) without the ability to understand what she is saying.

So, why doesn't she paint the paint he room and the porch? Or is that something only a man can do?

It does kind of look like her house is a bit rundown.

BTW, this was a seriously odd and unself-aware by Lady Lydia:

This guest bed was the same headboard, frame and mattress set that belonged to my in-laws who were married over 60 years. In the early 1930s couples were glad to have any kind of bed or bedspread, furniture or color that was given to them or that they inherited or could afford. They were just happy. To be together. I think people today have gotten more fussy, for tome reason.

Archived