IGNORED

Abortion-rights activists borrow technique from opponents in

micatite

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/08/09/4401044/abortion-rights-activists-borrow.html?utm_source=nar.al&utm_medium=urlshortener&utm_campaign=Twitter

Good for them. Call the liars out. I especially can't abide the CPCs who dress their 'staff' up in scrubs and pretend to dispense medical information but are really dispensing pure, unadulterated, religious-swaddled bulls**t.

I can't stand the fact that they dress up in scrubs to look like they're medical professionals either. I know that abstinence is the only 100% effective birth control and the best way to not get an STD, but these people are exaggerating and sometimes flat out lying to these women. Telling women that the pill is carcinogenic, causes strokes, etc... is just such an exaggeration. The pill works for a large majority of women, and if you don't smoke you're not at risk for a stroke. They also tell them that condoms are porous and not effective. They won't be happy until we're all barefoot and pregnant. Margaret Sanger is spinning in her grave. What's fucked up is that guy's quote was right at the end of the article. They do seem to be winning. I wish I could protest with them.

The pill works for a large majority of women, and if you don't smoke you're not at risk for a stroke.

As much as I hate to sound like I'm defending those people, and I am not, I know somebody who had blood clots and was at risk from a stroke from the pill, and she never smoked. It may not be common among non-smokers but it can happen.

This doesn't mean that the pill isn't a great option for most. But I would be careful about all-or-nobody language with any medication.

As much as I hate to sound like I'm defending those people, and I am not, I know somebody who had blood clots and was at risk from a stroke from the pill, and she never smoked. It may not be common among non-smokers but it can happen.

This doesn't mean that the pill isn't a great option for most. But I would be careful about all-or-nobody language with any medication.

And the bolded part is why these people are so dangerous. No medication is 100% side effect free. No type of birth control will work 100% of the time. But it baffles me why a comprehensive sex education including what to do if your birth control fails isn't the go to education system in so many places.

Teenagers get caught up in the moment, women and girls get raped, people don't realize that antibiotics reduce the effectiveness of the pill. If you really want to decrease the number of abortions then you should be for education about how your body works, not "well if you must be a slut at least there's adoption..."

Point taken. I should have worded it more carefully, but they just make my blood boil and I posted pissed off :doh:

Archived