IGNORED

Breaking Amish: LA Demon Possession

yetanothermeg

So Betsy on Real Amish: LA keeps talking about having Demons in her head who talk to her. All the other cast members are worried about witchcraft, but I am thinking schizophrenia. Thoughts?

From what I understand about Schizophrenia, is that voices come from the outside, not from in one's heaed. I have a friend who was diagnosed with, and said voices are not inside her head, but outside, and that voices inside are something else. I am aware that one size does not fot all here. I have a nephew who was diagnosed with BPD when he was 9, and he hears doors slamming, but they are also not inside his head. I believe he sees shadows as well.

I don't watch tbis show, but I hoe this person gets proper medical care, instead of some sort of exorcism.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really not sure what to make of Betsy. She seems pretty messed up in a lot of ways.

I hear voices sometimes. I am not schizophrenic. I am bipolar but you don't have to be schizophrenic to hear voices. The voices come from the outside of my head, not the inside. And despite what a lot of people may believe, I KNOW the voices aren't real. They also never say anything bad, it mostly sounds like garbled jibberish.

I think the difference with schizophrenia is that there's an absolute loss of reality. I at least am aware and know what I am experiencing isn't real.

Honestly, this is just a fake show and is probably scripted. The other Breaking Amish show also dealt with ghosts and psychics and stuff, and there was that episode where everyone though Kate was doing witchcraft. Kind of reminds me of the puritans, when the witch hysteria was going on.

Honestly, this is just a fake show and is probably scripted. The other Breaking Amish show also dealt with ghosts and psychics and stuff, and there was that episode where everyone though Kate was doing witchcraft. Kind of reminds me of the puritans, when the witch hysteria was going on.

Yea, for all we know, Bess ( the girl that's "possessed" ) is acting like she's possessed for the cameras.

I hear voices sometimes. I am not schizophrenic. I am bipolar but you don't have to be schizophrenic to hear voices. The voices come from the outside of my head, not the inside. And despite what a lot of people may believe, I KNOW the voices aren't real. They also never say anything bad, it mostly sounds like garbled jibberish.

I think the difference with schizophrenia is that there's an absolute loss of reality. I at least am aware and know what I am experiencing isn't real.

I can't think of the term right now but there are individual who hear voice and have no mental illness. I know my husband has heard when he was younger and went on a gaming binge for almost 4 days. I've heard music inside/outside my head.

I feel like it is fake.

I think it's called auditory hallucinations. I do get the music inside my head but after I developed BP I, I started hearing garbled voices.

I think it's scripted twaddle meant to show religious beliefs (demons) vs mental illness....

I'm BPII and occasionally hear voices or loud sounds. Nothing special and I know they're fake.

Starcasm.net has pics of bro/sis Lizzie and what's his name with the bowl cut. Of course they lived a regular English life before pretending to be Amish. They also have pictures of crazy betsys wedding. Non Amish, strapless gown. Those chicks all had "makeovers" long before.

Starcasm.net has pics of bro/sis Lizzie and what's his name with the bowl cut. Of course they lived a regular English life before pretending to be Amish. They also have pictures of crazy betsys wedding. Non Amish, strapless gown. Those chicks all had "makeovers" long before.

Iva said that she'd been to college and so had of course worn English clothes. Also, she was shown as supposedly being Jeremiah's Amish girlfriend in Ohio before suddenly becoming from Lancaster County, Pa.

I think it's called auditory hallucinations. I do get the music inside my head but after I developed BP I, I started hearing garbled voices.

I had auditory hallucinations for a short time after my baby daughter died. I'd swear I heard her crying. I don't think it's that uncommon to experience auditory hallucinations after a death.

I think it's scripted twaddle meant to show religious beliefs (demons) vs mental illness....

I'm BPII and occasionally hear voices or loud sounds. Nothing special and I know they're fake.

The show is almost certainly scripted.

That said, I have visual, auditory and tactile hallucinations -- not frequently but on occasion and associated with cptsd - and I do not know they're fake in the moment. They're real enough that I'm often left shaken, afraid and feeling disturbed for the rest of the day. I have had some that were so vivid that I still remember them months or years later.

No demons, though. Not a one unless you count the spider crickets that won't stay out.

Oh, heck, maybe they ARE demons. Crap.

Ok, so I've seen two episodes so far and I just can't like any of the cast members. The show is so, SO bad. Worse than the first season. It's like TLC didn't even try this time around.

I think Matt's secret is that he's gay. I could be wrong, but that's my gut instinct.

Archived