IGNORED

Lori Alexander: Have Sex With Your Kids In the Room

Lori talks about a post on another blog in which the author says that parents should not have sex on family vacations if they are sleeping in the same room as their children.

tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2013/07/wifey-wednesday-sex-family-vacations/

Lori disagrees with this, and sides with male commenters who don't want anything to prevent them from having sex.

Many of the women commenting thought most men are pigs for having the viewpoints of Robert and Mark. They feel they should be able to go on a family vacation and not think about sex. This makes me very sad. My husband couldn't think about going on a vacation without having lots of sex. They are synonymous to him and we always found creative ways to have it discreetly when we were on family vacations. He works his tail off for us! He is nothing close to a pig. He is an amazing man of God who loves sex just like most men.

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/08/are-most-men-pigs-when-it-comes-to-sex.html#

I'm all for creativity and being discreet, but I imagine that when I have kids, I will draw the line at having sex when they are in the room--even if they are sleeping. Some of the suggestions other commenters give also seem really disrespectful to me. Family shower rooms at a campground? Sex wasn't allowed in the shared shower stalls in my college dorm. Why is it not ok for college students, but ok for married couples?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is something very wrong with Lori that she isn't able to identify that behavior as inappropriate. I also find in odd that she is so anxious to put the details of her sex life with Ken out there...

This makes me very sad. My husband couldn't think about going on a vacation without having lots of sex. They are synonymous to him and we always found creative ways to have it discreetly when we were on family vacations. He works his tail off for us! He is nothing close to a pig. He is an amazing man of God who loves sex just like most men.

Why do these people need a vacation? Aren't they together pretty much 24/7?

I work and travel with my husband and we often drive to and from work together. We used to even share an office. But we still took vacations (even though we travel for work together quite often.)

The vacations were to get away from work, to have fun and to see new horizons / have new experiences, without thinking about work every minute.

That said, Lori Alexander is a monster.

I'm trying to imagine the reaction of my roomate if one day i have sex in front of her children. Not sure she'll agree with Lori...

More seriously, this post is a little "look like my husband is a REAL Man-with-a-big-M who can't control his sexual instinct and needs to have sex often. This is virility !"

Who the hell wants to watch their parents having sex? I'm not a prude, but sexy times between parents should not take place while kids are watching. That's just disgusting (not the sex part, the watching part) :puke-front:

If the child watches mommy and daddy having fun while having sex, wouldn't their fundie logic tell them that having their kids watching them have sex is a bad idea as far as the purity thing goes. Oh, hell, what am I talking about fundies have no logic. :lol:

A friend once told me about an incident when she and her partner was staying the night with her family in a guest room. They were in an adult bed and their two and a half year old daughter was in a toddler bed on the other side of the room. Since she was sleeping and so young they didn't see anything wrong with having sex while she was in the room. While they were having sex they didn't realize she had woken up until she sat up in bed and started saying, "Go Daddy, go Daddy." Needless to say they'll never do that again.

What happened to having to wait makes the event so much better. After all this is the reasoning used for the purity movement. Seems like after the ring is on it is; oh look a woman who has sex on command. Also doesn't it state in the Bible couples can agree to abstain. I would use the argument the kids are going to be watching as a deterrent. Also in a new place the kids are more likely to wake up and then you have to have whole new conversation. I mean seriously can these guys not wait a week to have sex. Maybe if these men had to work for sex they would put more effort in. I can imagine it must get old rolling over while your spouse gets off and you lay there going through your to do list because you aren't in the mood.

Lori, xgay Greg, that christian discipline group - all of these people are just big perverts that found a "loophole" on how they can talk about sex online and still be considered good and pious. Seriously, if a non-christian talks about sex half as much, or sexual details half as much, Lori and her ilk are freaking out. I fully believe she is getting her rocks off at talking about this.

I can't think of anything less erotic than having sex with your kids in the room! WTF? It's one thing if it's a sleeping two-month-old baby in a cot in the corner, but not kids. That's just not right. Is it really totally impossible to go without sex for a few days? What did this man do after his wife gave birth? Pretty sure you're not supposed to have sex for at least 4-6 weeks!

Ew.

It used to creep my sister and me out when we'd be downstairs and hear my parents' bed creaking above us. We would KNOW what was going on, and natural or not, healthy or not, loving or not, the idea of our parents having sex was just ew. If they'd have expected us to watch, gah.

That posting and the linked site were pretty wtf. Some debate over having sex in other people's homes is happening in Lori's comment section.

Anna · 2 hours ago

I agree with you 95% of the time, but on this one I just don't. My husband is military so our "vacations" consist of us living with family for a month or so every few years when we move to a new base. I find it incredibly disrespectful to have sex in another person's home, and incredibly distasteful to do so while others are in the room--especially children. I just can't comprehend why others (including my husband) think that this is okay or at all an appropriate course of action. I'm just a prude I guess...

Brit · 36 minutes ago

I can possibly understand the children thing (but not when they are young and asleep on the floor or a different bed). However, I can't understand not having sex in another persons house (behind closed doors of course).

Currently, my husband and I living with my in-laws. We had to close a business and are trying to get on our feet again. We have been here almost a year... are you saying I shouldn't have sex with my husband because this is not our home or house? Living with family has already caused us to be very intentional about our relationship... I can not imagine how devastating it would be on our marriage if we didn't have sex for a year or more!!

Or we used to visit our parents house for 2 solid weeks over the holidays when we lived in a different state. We should just deprive our husband and put stress on our marriage because we're at someone else's house for an extended amount of time???

Lori, xgay Greg, that christian discipline group - all of these people are just big perverts that found a "loophole" on how they can talk about sex online and still be considered good and pious. Seriously, if a non-christian talks about sex half as much, or sexual details half as much, Lori and her ilk are freaking out. I fully believe she is getting her rocks off at talking about this.

Isn't it amazing how fundies will shout from the rooftops that they're oh-so-very-modest, yet gleefully share details that most average people would consider private. :roll:

This reminds me of my sister. She lives in a camper in our yard with her husband and daughter. My niece regularly tells me that they are too loud when they have sex and that they wake her up. She is extremely annoyed by it.

Boy, these fundie men are such special little snowflakes aren't they? If abstaining from sex till marriage means that for ever afterwards you are completely obsessed with sex and it is impossible to go a week or two without sex, then I'd suggest premarital sex is the way to go every time.

We do not have sex with our children in the room because it is disrespectful to them. I wonder how Lori would feel if her parents went for it while she and Ken shared a hotel room with them.

There is something vital missing in Lori's mental processes. Why would you expose your children to adult sexuality? That's so wrong that it makes me feel gross and dirty. Why not just respect your kids' innocence and wait? You won't die. :roll:

ETA :pink-shock: I can't believe I've made 1,000 posts, seems like yesterday I was humping a leg with vigor. I liked that title.

There is something vital missing in Lori's mental processes. Why would you expose your children to adult sexuality? That's so wrong that it makes me feel gross and dirty. Why not just respect your kids' innocence and wait? You won't die. :roll:

This. I do think there is mentally off with Lori and I think those issues have been long term and might not have to do with the brain tumor issues. If Ken was ok with having sex in the same room as children, then there is something off with him too. I agree, they aren't respecting the innocence of children.

When I was in a college, a friend told me a story. When she was a child, her family went on a vacation. They stayed in one room, the parents and four kids. The parents were in the large bed, and the kids in cots around it. In the middle of the night, the parents had sex. My friend awoke, or was already awake, and heard the whole thing. She was about 8 or 10.

She spoke of the incident with such a sad, confused, disgusted face. It was clearly a very sad memory. Is it worth giving your kids a terrible memory just so the husband can get his fun (clearly, the way Lori writes, she is never having fun herself)?

When I was in college, my roommate's sister came to visit with her boyfriend. They were in high school. They slept on our floor. That weekend, my roommate got drunk and passed out. The sister, thinking things were safe since her big sister had passed out, had sex with her boyfriend on the floor. I was there (apparently, they didn't care), pretending to be asleep. It was dark, but they were noisy and it was gross. I was a virgin at the time,and not 100% sure if they were doing what I thought they were doing. . . but I know now that they were. Gross.

Someone should ask Lori if she wouldn't mind if her parents had sex in the same room as she in Ken. It probably wouldn't open her eyes at all, because, well, Lori is as thick as a stump.

And Ken is just as ass

(From the comments of the original post),

"And to be perfectly honest, I would have a MISERABLE vacation without sex. Grumpy, sad, and I can’t imagine being around all those other females, who are often skimply dressed without being with my wife and having any kind of victory with my thoughtlife."

This is so incredibly creepy!!!!

A friend once told me about an incident when she and her partner was staying the night with her family in a guest room. They were in an adult bed and their two and a half year old daughter was in a toddler bed on the other side of the room. Since she was sleeping and so young they didn't see anything wrong with having sex while she was in the room. While they were having sex they didn't realize she had woken up until she sat up in bed and started saying, "Go Daddy, go Daddy." Needless to say they'll never do that again.

I think in the bizarre BDSM and somewhat exhibitionist bent they seem to have(do we really have to hear all the references to their sex life) I would not be suprised if they did have sex knowing the kids could/would hear/see. I would not be suprised if he would bend her over his desk at work with people in the office.... proof he is a studly male and she has no choices in the world. woohoo....

There are few things less sexy than having sex with children in the room, even if they are sleeping. I say few things because I am sure that having sex with your own grandparents in the room, or Steve Maxwell stood at the end of the bed judging you would be less sexy.

Arent fundies all about protecting their children's innocence, which is why their 20 year olds arent allowed to watch anything that is not suitable for toddlers, and are worried about them seeing people dressed immodestly (OMG my kids might turn into sex addicts from seeing a knee) or knowing that gay people exist?

My parents had a system of sending us to the hotel "game room" with a twenty, and telling us not to come back for an hour. Not terribly subtle, but enough that I could at least pretend. Too bad the fundies would find that too "worldly".

Archived