IGNORED

Burden to Burundi, Zealous for Zambia

Palimpsest

They were just screaming yes at everything he said. Do you love Jesus? YESSSSSSS!!!!! Are you happy people pray for you? YESSSSSS!!!!! Are you excited to go to Zambia? YESSSS!!!!!!

You probably could have said "Do you love Satan?" and they would have screamed yes because they knew that they were supposed to respond yes to the questions.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel sorry for the kids. John is an asshole for doing this to them, please please please let them at least be up to date on their vaccinations and I really hope they have a proper home there.

Ugh. Blanket training at its finest

:puke-huge:

I call BS on his claim that he's not a "Gotherdite" hard to tell if that's intentional to add more bs or if his SOTDRT education is running full speed

In addition to his claim that he is nondenominational and "doesn't believe in organized religion" when he stated and wrote numerous times that he will be planting "self-supporting, New Testament BAPTIST churches"

As someone who was raised on the Baptist conveyor belt that's a whole new level of insane :wtf:

Damn, I can't watch it. Shrader blocked both my real FB AND my sock (it requested fellowship which was obviously denied). Has he put it on YouTube?

Damn, I can't watch it. Shrader blocked both my real FB AND my sock (it requested fellowship which was obviously denied). Has he put it on YouTube?

I'm pretty sure the TeamZambia Youtube is subscription only. Sorry.

I wonder why he blocked you when Sharon Bailgoat got away with saying this when he said he'd put his back out again last week.

Sharon Bailgoat Praying for you to be "back on your back" (instead of feet ha ha) again soon brother Shrader. Amen™

I thought she was being remarkably unsubtle for Sharon.

For people who want to watch the video on Facebook turn the sound way down first! I clicked on it and the noise woke up all three dogs from sound sleep and made Mr. Palimpsest ask what the hell that racket was. One Shradling is jumping with so much fervent godly joy that he actually falls over!

In other news: Sofia is crawling at 5 months but doesn't appreciate the racket made by her siblings so much by the looks of it.

And John has posted a picture of Eddy and Anita possibly because we were wondering if they existed. He says that Eddy has malaria. Prayer Warriors are requested to step up to the challenge.

I think he blocked my sock because it made a post the same thread on Duggar Family News (the pickles and hairspray FB page) that Shrader chose to defend himself. Then delete the post before I ever read it there (read it here). That's the only connection I can make.

I'm glad he is confronting and debating Shrader on this, but John may not take the bait and respond. He seems to be regretting his first response. Shrader is not good at confronting people who challenge his ideas. Remember, he ran away from the Church in Burundi when he was called a serpent and agent of satan because he didn't agree with their faith! OMG, those sinners believed in speaking in tongues. The horror!

This is Shrader's concept of an intelligent way to share the aspirations and goal of his mission. From his Facebook today:

To give an idea of the intellectual sophistication, or lack thereof, of his leg-humpers, one of them thanked John for "challenging him" with this little song. I don't think it was sarcastic.

Sharon Bailgoat, however, is being delightfully sarcastic!

:lol: :lol:

Somehow I'd rather hear "Hillbillies in a Haunter House". The premise is similar, but the hillbillies song is way funnier.

N1kD_Q0Lv6k

OMG my semi-dorky best friend in elementary school (see my comment in the stuffed animals thread about playing "escape from 19th-century orphanage" with our dolls) really loved the Lounge Lizards. We used to listen to them all the time at her house. Her parents were both dorky psychiatrists and their house was the first place where I felt like it was "cool" to be a dork who liked the Lounge Lizards and drank herbal tea and read psychiatry journals instead of People magazine. Good memories!

I'm not surprised the kids think moving to Zambia is a good idea. Quite apart from the brainwashing, they're kids. It's just another grand adventure.

They have no concept of the risks or difficulties at the other end and most of the things a child would be conscious of losing in a situation like that (school, friends, home) they don't have anyway.

So when are they leaving?

It is not clear, but apparently they are hoping to be in Zambia by Thanksgiving. We know this because the Shraders chowed down a massive Thanksgiving dinner complete with pumpkin pie and two brined turkeys a few days ago. They didn't provide dinner for themselves, of course. Another family cooked it and invited them.

Shrader has now posted a picture of himself wearing a snazzy African shirt with his arm around Arnaud in Burundi. The shirt just screams "tourist!"

This is Arnaud, another precious soul I was privileged to point to Christ and see him repent toward God and have faith in our Lord Jesus Christ! I was able to lead him to Christ as he was there ad we began to disciple Eddy! It was precious to see God bring conviction to his heart. What a joy he was to our hearts. Can't wait to see him again!

So precious.

I'm sorry I still don't understand how one can be the 'wrong' Christian and be lead to Christ if one is already a Christian. Can someone explain that to me?

I'm sorry I still don't understand how one can be the 'wrong' Christian and be lead to Christ if one is already a Christian. Can someone explain that to me?

I'm quite sure Brother Schrader would be happy to explain that to you!

I'm quite sure Brother Schrader would be happy to explain that to you!

If you don't believe in the KJV, then you are the wrong type of Christian. Tongue in cheek-have you not listened to PP's screaming oops I mean his preaching?

If you didn't follow the rigid little four or five step process demanded by those who preach once and done salvation, then according to them you, of course, aren't saved and therefore not a Christian.

By religious history it's only a relatively recent invention - by man of course.

Bumping this thread to say that John Shrader has a video up on Facebook for those interested.

Eddy and Arnaud in the process of being hectored "discipled" by Bros. David and John on II Timothy 2:2. JohnBoy's favorite verse of the bible.

And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

"Alleluia" says John. Eddy (or perhaps Arnaud the video is very blurry) says "Ay yi yi yi yi yi yi." Which does not mean the same as Alleluia.

Has anyone asked John yet whether the KJV is still the infallible word of God if it is translated into French?

Oh. And he has lots of photos up of him sucking face with Esther. He loves his wife after 12 years of marriage and 8 children. Poor Esther. If he really loved her he'd slow down the baby-making and let her stay in the USA with the kids while he gallivants off to Zambia.

IME people who make a big deal about "LOOK AT US!!! WE ARE SO IN LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE!" often aren't that happy but are trying to convince themselves and the world that they are.

I feel bad for Esther. I wonder what she really thinks about all this. I dont really know much about her, it seems like Esther is just John's doormat and I cant really tell much about her personality. Is she fully on board with this, or is she worried about the future and whether life will be okay over there for her and the kids, and does she ever wish that John would get a job, so she could have a proper house and more stable income.

Does anyone else think it's suspicious that his converts in Zambia have lost their jobs & are now sick, figure that they'll ask him for money soon. John seems so desperate to believe he had success that he is ignoring the suspicious activity of his Zambian 'friends'

I hope they scam him and leave him with no money, so he cant go to Zambia.

I would feel bad for Esther and the kids, but theyre never going to see any of the money John makes anyway. I hope someone is looking after them.

It may not be a scam by the Burundian converts. It may be the absolute truth that they are sick and have lost their jobs. Even if they do ask for money they won't get any from John. Just prayers.

Remember, John is a taker not a giver. He drank their soft drinks, ate big dinners at their houses, and rode in taxis at Arnaud's expense . . . but he'll not send them a red cent. He is bound for Zambia. If the converts in Bujumbura are in trouble then Satan is at work or their faith isn't strong enough.

The quote for those who are blocked from Shrader's Facebook, my bolding:

PLEASE PRAY!!!

Dear prayer warriors/champions,

I just received news from Burundi of several things. I beg you to pray with us about these things.

1. Spiritual - Please pray for encouragement and growth for the new believers Arnaud, Eddy, his wife Anita, and also Brother Arcade that God brought to us for discipleship. There is no true church for these precious souls, and they have already received opposition from some there. Please pray with us for them.

2. Physical - Arnaud is still sick with what he believes is malaria. His illness is getting worse. He had told me that Eddy was sick as well, also thought to be malaria, and just communicated to me that now Anita is sick. Please pray for God to strengthen and heal our precious friends and preserve their lives.

3. Financial - Arcade had been laid off when we met him. He has no family in Bujumbura and is trusting God to provide for his life. Eddy is a technician, can repair copiers and electronics, but work is scarce and he has a family to support. Arnaud just communicated with me that he also has lost his job. Burundi is the second poorest nation in the world and there is much unemployment. These men are hard workers, and I believe God will provide for their needs. Would you PLEASE join us in praying for GOD to show Himself strong on their behalf. We believe and know He can, but would you please lift these needs to our King with us?

God will provide for them, John isn't going to send shit to help them out. Though if it were him in this situation he would expect everyone to drop everything and give till it hurts.

Yes, John has never shown any evidence of caring for anyone except himself, his dreams, and his heart's desire . . . which is to be a big man in the biggest pond he can find.

As he is not a big man but a lazy charlatan, unable to hold a job for any significant time, and unable to support his family without grifting, he will settle for the tiniest pond he can find. No, not a pond. John wants to be the top guy in a muddy puddle.

The USA's muddy puddles are already filled so he wants to set off for Africa in the hopes of finding more muddy puddles. Then he can boast back in the USA that his muddy puddle is bigger than Lake Tanganyika.

He really doesn't give a flying fuck for the people he says he wants to "disciple." If he did, he'd be asking for more than prayers for his "converts." After all, Arcade is his chosen disciple. Would Arcade lie? (Well he might, and he might be a scammer, but John thinks Arcade is great at the moment! 8-) )

Shrader is a "visionary man!" Everyone should run for cover.

He is Peter Pan with 8 children and a wife. Yes, John, "to die would be an awfully big adventure." Go for it. But don't drag Esther and the kids along.

And, John, while I'm on a roll, enough with the "precious." You use that word way too often. It is boring. How about: valued, beloved, idolized, cherished, loved, esteemed, dear, treasured . . .

Just a few synonyms for you. I do realize that the SOTDRT doesn't see developing vocabulary as a goal.

You are very welcome.

Count me in as another observer of this thread who was compelled to read The Poisonwood Bible as a result. I can see it happening to the Shraders and it freaks me out, though I do like the thought of the older daughters escaping that life one way or another...

Archived