IGNORED

Burden to Burundi, Zealous for Zambia

Palimpsest

For Esther and the kids sake I hope that God calls them to save a godless country with a good health, legal and education system...

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was all interesting and kind of fun to snark on in a mildly horrifying kind of way, until recently when it seems like they're really, really going to Zambia. I am so scared for the safety of Esther and her children, especially as the family continues to grow so rapidly. I agree with a previous poster- this is NOT going to have a happy ending, and I fear that at least one family member won't make it home alive. John is one of my favorites to snark on, but recently it's all just making me sick to my stomach. I hope I'm wrong.

Who is the "David" he was in Burundi with--maybe he posted pictures. I mean, we didn't even get a selfie for the whole time they were there.

At one point, he must have gotten criticism over the type of "help" he is planning to provide, because he posted walls o' text to justify why he was going to provide salvation instead of goods or skills. I assume he must have defriended the people who wrote to criticize him, because nobody else has broached the subject in his comments.

Who is the "David" he was in Burundi with--maybe he posted pictures. I mean, we didn't even get a selfie for the whole time they were there.

That would be David Rea. rea.teamzambia.com. His Facebook is private. He is the, um, portly one in photos of Missionary Boot Camp. His children seem older than the little Shraders.

They don't seem to be updating the teamzambia site these days. It seems that Shrader is doing all the updates on Facebook. No videos or photos of Burundi are up on Facebook yet. Perhaps, if they exist, they are part of Shrader's show and tell when he solicits money from churches.

This was all interesting and kind of fun to snark on in a mildly horrifying kind of way, until recently when it seems like they're really, really going to Zambia. I am so scared for the safety of Esther and her children, especially as the family continues to grow so rapidly. I agree with a previous poster- this is NOT going to have a happy ending, and I fear that at least one family member won't make it home alive. John is one of my favorites to snark on, but recently it's all just making me sick to my stomach. I hope I'm wrong.

I agree. I'm very worried about Esther and the children. These people really seem to have no common sense.

Yet another example: If you look at the video on Facebook of Esther learning to drive off-road, she is trying to get the vehicle out of a river. I've no idea what kind of car it is, but it is jeep-like, has no roof and a single roll-bar over the front seats. John is in the front passenger seat without a seatbelt, Esther may be wearing a seatbelt, hard to see, and two kids are in the rear of the jeep and may or may not have lap belts on. No protective head gear in evidence. She is accelerating madly trying to get out of the river onto a steep bank.

Another photo show a truck tipping over into the river at a dangerous angle with the front wheel coming off. Only really bad driving could have got the truck into that position and I hope there weren't children in that vehicle.

These people are completely irresponsible. This is absolutely nuts if you are just learning to drive on rough terrain.

Keep the kids out of the cars and let them watch from a safe distance.

From my experience traveling in quite remote parts of Africa where roads are often washed away in the rainy season and recreated in the dry season, if a shallow river needed fording or a bridge looked exceptionally wonky the passengers got out of the vehicle. One person drove across and everyone else went across on foot.

When this idiot can hunt a wild hog in the USA, maybe, just maybe, he will be ready to hunt in Africa. A friend of my Da's was seriously injured by a sow and had to be air lifted to the nearest level 1 trauma center. Apparently, they weren't near her litter but sow can be meaner than shit. My Da has also been injured by a boar.

This guy is nuts. All I can say. Well, that, and he's clueless

I don't see the point in hunting/killing/skinning a wild pig. They're not going to be hunting in Africa. Nor do I believe that they will be living in hard-to-reach villages. They'll be in at least a small community with access to transportation and some semblance of western food.

Johnus is simply posturing.

I don't see the point in hunting/killing/skinning a wild pig. They're not going to be hunting in Africa. Nor do I believe that they will be living in hard-to-reach villages. They'll be in at least a small community with access to transportation and some semblance of western food.

This. They are just playing at being David Livingstone. They will be living in or near one of the bigger cities. There will be no need to hunt and slaughter pigs, wild or not. The ability to chop the head off a chicken, pluck and gut it, "might" be useful but is probably not necessary. A local could do it for them for a small fee. They should hire a local to do it for them -- spread the wealth.

I have such contempt for John Shrader and David Rea.

I was a Missionary Kid attached to a legitimate medical mission. I know what it was like "back then." Some people may have thought my parents were risking their kids, but my parents were streets ahead of Rea and Shrader in the risks they would not take for us. They kept us safe.

It occurs to me that I have photographic evidence of road conditions, decent work done by real missionaries and overseas volunteers, and what contributions to developing nations should be about. If anyone is interested in seeing a few photos and can tell me or PM me "how to post images" (I'll need foolproof instructions!) I might post a few in It's Me Margaret. Let me know. I won't waste time shuffling through the pictures if no-one wants to see them. :D

What the hell happened last night? Johns facebook page refers to him being slandered online & defending himself? I raced to check FJ &....nothing.

What the hell happened last night? Johns facebook page refers to him being slandered online & defending himself? I raced to check FJ &....nothing.

I presumed it would somehow involve FJ or Sharon Bailgoat(FJ again? :lol: ). But I can't find anything!

Its not slander if its true John you lazy asshole. Get off your ass and provide for these kids like the man you claim to me-they need stability, not living in poverty in a pop up camper and then being dragged to the other side of the world on mission trips.

Aw, I want to find out what happened too.

After seeing it mentioned so much, I finally read The Poisonwood Bible. I can definitely imagine John ending up like the father in the book.

After seeing it mentioned so much, I finally read The Poisonwood Bible. I can definitely imagine John ending up like the father in the book.

I was thinking Harrison Ford in "Mosquito Coast".

(Comes out of lurker cave)

There is a dugger snark page on Facebook, a post was made about the Proverbs family and he was linked to the page. A argument went down with a lot of people cristizing him for defending them.

https://facebook.com/pages/Duggar-Famil ... ts&fref=ts

(Goes back to lurker cave)

I have 90 pages left to read. What a powerful book, And definitely I keep thinking of John as the father/Baptist preacher in the book. I hope one of his kids doesn't have the same fate as the youngest daughter.

I got an ad on here about sending money to Zambia safely. Hahahahahahaha no. John does not deserve money. Maybe if it would all go to the kids, but it wouldnt cause hes a selfish dick.

I have 90 pages left to read. What a powerful book, And definitely I keep thinking of John as the father/Baptist preacher in the book. I hope one of his kids doesn't have the same fate as the youngest daughter.

I worry about the same thing. I don't think medical care is a big priority when it comes to his children. I think his opinion is that if God wants John's kids alive He will have to keep them alive because John isn't going to go out of his way to make sure they are safe. I can see him putting them in dangerous situations and if they survive using it as a story to tell how God protects them and wants them to be in Zambia.

http://www.theglobalist.com/the-new-globalists-the-rise-of-africa/ Article in the Globalist about Africa and Zambia and how they are changing.

The Duggar Family News FB posted this a couple of hours ago:

"Jesus's disciples were unmarried and childless for a reason. Most were murdered while spreading the word. John may be willing to die for the king as he said but it is not okay to put his minor children in danger by following an irresponsible dad or by flying in a tiny plane with an inexperienced pilot. If John's children are seriously hurt or die in his selfish quest, his soul and life will change forever. I am a child advocate and I am concerned. Correct me if I'm wrong John but I encourage you to leave the kids at home or at least you go ahead and set up a safe environment for them first and DON'T let them fly in that itty bitty plane! I couldn't live with myself if I didn't speak up about my concerns."

He tagged Shrader in it. I haven't followed the Shrader family at all other than reading these FJ threads, but it's interesting to see someone directly confronting him about his plans.

http://www.theglobalist.com/the-new-globalists-the-rise-of-africa/ Article in the Globalist about Africa and Zambia and how they are changing.

This is a very good article. It is true of the larger cities. They have come a long way and it is possible to live a very westernized life-style these days. Unfortunately that is still not true of rural areas. Shrader and Rea seem to be planning on preying on traveling to rural areas, probably because city-folk are too well informed to fall for their crap evangelism.

Truthfully, if I came down with most non-fatal tropical diseases, I would much prefer to be treated by physicians in larger cities like Lusaka. They see and treat those illnesses every day, while doctors back in first world countries might easily miss a diagnosis.

"Jesus's disciples were unmarried and childless for a reason. Most were murdered while spreading the word. John may be willing to die for the king as he said but it is not okay to put his minor children in danger by following an irresponsible dad or by flying in a tiny plane with an inexperienced pilot. If John's children are seriously hurt or die in his selfish quest, his soul and life will change forever. I am a child advocate and I am concerned. Correct me if I'm wrong John but I encourage you to leave the kids at home or at least you go ahead and set up a safe environment for them first and DON'T let them fly in that itty bitty plane! I couldn't live with myself if I didn't speak up about my concerns."

He tagged Shrader in it. I haven't followed the Shrader family at all other than reading these FJ threads, but it's interesting to see someone directly confronting him about his plans.

I'm glad he is confronting and debating Shrader on this, but John may not take the bait and respond. He seems to be regretting his first response. Shrader is not good at confronting people who challenge his ideas. Remember, he ran away from the Church in Burundi when he was called a serpent and agent of satan because he didn't agree with their faith! OMG, those sinners believed in speaking in tongues. The horror!

This is Shrader's concept of an intelligent way to share the aspirations and goal of his mission. From his Facebook today:

THE BUILDING

Ten Little Christians, standing in a line, One disliked the pastor, then there were nine.

Nine little Christians stayed up very late,

One slept too late on Sunday, then there were eight.

Eight little Christians on their way to Heaven,

One took the low road, then there were seven.

Seven little Christians chirping like some chicks,

One disliked the music, then there were six.

Six little Christians seemed very much alive, but one lost his interest then there were five.

Five little Christians pulling for heaven's shore, but one stopped to rest, then there were only four.

Four little Christians, each busy as a bee, One got her feelings hurt, then there were three.

Three little Christians knew not what to do,

One joined the sporting crowd, then there were two.

Two little Christians, our rhyme is nearly done, differed with each other, then there was one.

One little Christian, can't do much 'tis true; brought his friend to Bible study -- then there were two.

Two earnest Christians, each won one more, that doubled the number, then there were four.

Four sincere Christians worked early and worked late, Each won another, then there were eight.

Eight splendid Christians, if they doubled as before, In just a few short months, we'd have 1,024

In this little jingle, there is a lesson true, You either belong to The Building...or to the Wrecking Crew!

To give an idea of the intellectual sophistication, or lack thereof, of his leg-humpers, one of them thanked John for "challenging him" with this little song. I don't think it was sarcastic.

Sharon Bailgoat, however, is being delightfully sarcastic!

What a delightful Christian tune!! So often we are bombarded with unchristian music by the likes of that Justin Beaver fellow. Amen to you for being a godly Christian man! Amen™
:lol: :lol:

"Jesus's disciples were unmarried and childless for a reason. ...."

Somebody needs to reread the gospels. Specifically the bit about Peter's mother-in-law.

John posted a video today of his children thanking everyone for praying for them. He asks if they are excited to go to Zambia and they all shout "Yeah!!!" I wonder how excited they'll all be about it when it's actually a reality...

On another topic, it was really shocking to see how many children there really are... I cannot imagine being crammed in a pop-up with all 8 of them. I love love love children, but I could barely watch a 1 minute video of those kids without getting a headache...

Archived