IGNORED

Burden to Burundi, Zealous for Zambia

Palimpsest

Great News!. The entire family made it through security without a hitch in Washington. The were in the air 15 hours and are now about to board for the flight to Africa. They will be there in the morning!

Welcome! Do you know John and Esther personally? How did you come across this site?

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I have known them for a few years. I did a google search a few weeks ago to see if he had updated his websites and freejinger came up too. Entertaining reading. I decided to join the discussion.

I would expect to see them spend their lives there. I don't think they are planning any trips back for at least 7 years. This is an interesting site.

How would they be able to stay there 7+ years? They need people to support them. Will their churches sent them money for 7+ years? I thought it was common for churches to commit to 2-3 years of support. Plus, there is the issue of the Visa's. Will the government allow them to stay this long? (We don't even know if they obtained the original set of Visa's.)

I would expect to see them spend their lives there. I don't think they are planning any trips back for at least 7 years. This is an interesting site.

I expect they plan to do that to. At least John does and it does not matter one bit what is in the best interest of his children. He will put them in danger, lower their quality of life and even let them die all to follow his missionary dream of saving those dark African souls(even though Zambia has a higher percentage of people who identify as Christian than America, so him going is rather stupid when if it was really about saving souls he would stay here). When I saw how he had "fixed" his van where a fan was dangling from the ceiling directly in front of a child in a car seat making it so even a small fender bender would slam it into her head I knew that this was a man who cared about no one but himself. His children are just props in his missionary fantasy and he treats them like they are disposable.

I wish someone in their life had cared enough about the children to try and stage an intervention.

We're at 46 pages, and as soon as John and his hostages land in Burundi, a new level of insanity will begin. Good time to start a new thread?

We're at 46 pages, and as soon as John and his hostages land in Burundi, a new level of insanity will begin. Good time to start a new thread?

Zealot in Zambia? 10 Zealots in Zambia & Counting? (They have 8 right? I've lost count)

Good grief, it's blowing my mind that they've made it this far.

Shraderfriend- we certainly welcome you and any perspectives you have to this conversation. I think that our fascination with this family is focused mainly on concern for Esther and the children. The people on this board have disdain for John largely because he put them in a dangerous situation with seemingly zero concern for their safety and well being. I sincerely hope that they're home within a year, and that the "2014 edition" arrives safely.

I am really worried about what will happen when they get there. If it was just John it would be one thing, but when that many small children, a pregnant wife and a history of John being careless with the safety of his children and selfish this is just a recipe for disaster. Wasn't it right when Esther was going through pregnancy problems that John decided to focus on himself and go through a juice fast? And he was constantly going on about his bad back. If he wasn't able to function here in the states with his back he won't be able to function in Zambia when he has no support system.

Archived