IGNORED

Burden to Burundi, Zealous for Zambia

Palimpsest

Maybe he was just in vegas the whole time....

I'd love it if he and David Rea were tripping the light fantastic in Vegas all the time!

He supposedly took lots of video of his few "converts." Where is it? Inquiring minds want to know. :cracking-up:

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He almost ran into an electric fence while chasing a pig for two hours. He is not going to survive in the wild very well.

And yeah, the lack of Burundi pictures is very telling.

He almost ran into an electric fence while chasing a pig for two hours. He is not going to survive in the wild very well.

And yeah, the lack of Burundi pictures is very telling.

Hahahaha OMG this guy is hopeless.

Hope the electric fence shocks him in the nuts so he cant add to his already overstuffed quiver.

From what I have heard, hunting wild pigs is fairly hard. And I don't think it involves just running wildly through the woods chasing a pig around.

More from John Shrader's Facebook on the Missionary Boot Camp. It is supposed to be a 3 week camp but Rea and Shrader are in a hurry as usual. I'm not clear on the religious affiliation of Reaching Beyond Borders. Is it also Biblical Baptist and training renegades like Rea and Shrader or affiliated with a legitimate mission organization?

So many precious people with "servants spirit [sic]" are helping the Reas and Shraders on their ill-conceived mission. And "testimonies were shared"! Perhaps Shrader reads the Maxwells. :lol:

Edit to break link

reachingbeyondborders.org/statistics.html seems to be Independent Baptist. The page I linked to on the boot camp page lists where various missionaries are around the world.

The Top Five Most Evangelized Nations

BRAZIL (253 Missionaries)

MEXICO (206 Missionaries)

UNITED KINGDOM (112 Missionaries)

PHILIPPINES (118 Missionaries)

CANADA (104 Missionaries)

This should be a huge relief to Canadians to know that missionaries are facing the challenges of living in Canada to evangelize your country. I guess all those churches built in the 1700s that are in Canada don't act as proof that anyone there has heard of Jesus. (Oh, forgot, if it isn't IB, it isn't real).

reachingbeyondborders.org/statistics.html seems to be Independent Baptist. The page I linked to on the boot camp page lists where various missionaries are around the world.

CANADA (104 Missionaries)

This should be a huge relief to Canadians to know that missionaries are facing the challenges of living in Canada to evangelize your country. I guess all those churches built in the 1700s that are in Canada don't act as proof that anyone there has heard of Jesus. (Oh, forgot, if it isn't IB, it isn't real).

Note that all of those countries are Christian countries already....just the wrong type of Christian, Catholic or Anglican.

Why send missionaries to Christian countries??

Im guessing they dont want to do anything too hard or face real persecution. Its not like most are willing to go to poorer countries and have to give up the good things in life. Come on, seriously? The UK and Canada? Theres not much difference between them and America. Next they will be going on a mission trip to the beach or theme parks or something. Its basically a vacation but with occaisional preaching.

Why send missionaries to Christian countries??

Im guessing they dont want to do anything too hard or face real persecution. Its not like most are willing to go to poorer countries and have to give up the good things in life. Come on, seriously? The UK and Canada? Theres not much difference between them and America. Next they will be going on a mission trip to the beach or theme parks or something. Its basically a vacation but with occaisional preaching.

And,you get to have people half a world away pay for you to live in Ireland or Canada, where you set up a storefront church and preach 2 or 3 times a week to whomever comes by. Oh, and maybe go door to door or hand out leaflets. Xgay Greg can only dream of such a life. perhaps he could be a missionary to San Francisco. (Although I think Lou Engle's son already has that ministry going. )

And,you get to have people half a world away pay for you to live in Ireland or Canada, where you set up a storefront church and preach 2 or 3 times a week to whomever comes by. Oh, and maybe go door to door or hand out leaflets. Xgay Greg can only dream of such a life. perhaps he could be a missionary to San Francisco. (Although I think Lou Engle's son already has that ministry going. )

Nah, he's holding out for Key West.

Nah, he's holding out for Key West.

I think he is holding out for Disney World-

The Lord has placed a burden for either Scotland or Canada on my heart. God is being a little vague right now, but when the money starts rolling in he will get clearer. These two countries are obviously godless. Canada is so godless that God heaps plagues of snow and cold weather upon them, but they have hardened their hearts towards Him. And Scotland, ~sigh~, the men cross dress there, wearing these ugly skirts. Everyone knows that Jesus wore khaki pants with pleats like godly men should. They need me to come witness to them. Please PM me your bank account numbers. I know that you might have been told that this is a super bad idea, but who are you going to trust, God or common sense?

FormerGodhardite, I will pray for you on your mission to Godless Scotland. Or the equally Godless Canada. May the Lord protect you on your journey.

I suggest that while planning your deputation you include preaching to impressionable graduating seniors. Supernatural things happen if you live by faith alone and teenagers will give you all their savings and graduation money.

John Shrader, who hasn't worked a paying job in months but expects others to support his family of 10, excels at grifting. He has been humbled by this precious young lady. He wants everyone to pray that God will "mightily use this sweet and tender-hearted young lady for His Glory!" Will he return the cash if he never makes it to Zambia?

From Shrader's Facebook:

There are times that humble you...

After preaching at a church last night we were catching up on some much needed rest in the church's "prophet's chamber" when a vehicle pulled in the parking lot. A father and his seventeen year old daughter got out and the precious young lady handed me an envelope with tears rolling down her cheeks. She had graduated and it was all the money she had received and had been saving up (over $800.00). We talked and shared and prayed together, and it was so precious to see the tender heart of this young lady to the things of the Lord. You get to see supernatural things when walking and living by Faith, but it's so awesome when God does something that is completely unexpected to provide! I ask you to PLEASE PRAY with us for Haily, that God would allow her to see the fruit of faith from her sacrifice, miraculously meet her needs, and mightily use this sweet and tender-hearted young lady for His Glory! I called pastor Stahlman (who runs the missionary boot camp we just attended) to share this, and he told me an awesome story about a 17 year old girl who invested in his ministry when he went as a missionary to Malawi years ago. Today that young lady is a missionary with her husband in Iraq, reaching souls for Christ! Truly God has allowed us to witness something precious here, and we will be praying as a family for Haily. I invite you to not miss an opportunity to be a part of what God will do with this life through prayer!

FormerGodhardite, I will pray for you on your mission to Godless Scotland. Or the equally Godless Canada. May the Lord protect you on your journey.

I suggest that while planning your deputation you include preaching to impressionable graduating seniors. Supernatural things happen if you live by faith alone and teenagers will give you all their savings and graduation money.

John Shrader, who hasn't worked a paying job in months but expects others to support his family of 10, excels at grifting. He has been humbled by this precious young lady. He wants everyone to pray that God will "mightily use this sweet and tender-hearted young lady for His Glory!" Will he return the cash if he never makes it to Zambia?

From Shrader's Facebook:

I call BS on the bolded statement.

He will be taking piggy bank money from small children next. All while refusing to work himself.

I am astounded that he would take the LIFE SAVINGS of a CRYING CHILD in a country where 80% live below the poverty line. He has robbed that girl of her future - of a dowry, of an education, of the ability to travel for a job. I am so angered by this.

I call BS on the bolded statement.

It also shows how little shame he has. He should be ashamed of himself (but we know he's not) for accepting a donation from this kid. She would have made more constructive use of it than he will.

I am astounded that he would take the LIFE SAVINGS of a CRYING CHILD in a country where 80% live below the poverty line. He has robbed that girl of her future - of a dowry, of an education, of the ability to travel for a job. I am so angered by this.

The honorable thing to do would have been to thank her for her thoughts, while politely declining the donation. Of course, that would require him to have honor or shame, neither of which he's wired for.

CANADA (104 Missionaries).

How odd that the top 5 destinations for missionaries are also places that a lot of people would like vacation at. How very odd indeed...

The boot camp web site says only 46% of missionaries make it through deputation. (Ie, ever finish asking for money and leave?)

Have any pics from his last mission trip made it to any site?

I think he's back in the US, so likely it was an American teenager. Still shitty though. That money was given to that girl so that she could fund further education or help support herself while looking for a job. She's about to be an adult, and while her family may support her, she doesn't have dozens of churches handing her thousands of dollars for doing fuck-all. It's not supposed to be funding Shrader's African vacation.

He will be taking piggy bank money from small children next. All while refusing to work himself.

Why stop there? I heard that babies often come into possession of candy . . .

Shame on you John, for accepting that offer. $800 is a lot of money! He is so greedy, anyone else would have thanked her and politely declined, or maybe accepted a smaller amount like $20 off her. This 17 year old girl needs the money more than he does-she could put it towards going to college or buying herself a car, instead of giving it to a man who does not deserve anything as he is a lazy asshole who refuses to work. He would just put it towards his stupid missionary dream, its not like he would spend it on anything useful, like those poor children of his who are homeless and in poverty because their daddy is a selfish asshat.

We dont even know the circumstances of it. Why was the girl crying? Was she really into the idea of giving the money, or had her weirdo fundie parents forced her to give it all away to some loser "missionary"?

Either way, John, you took a child's life savings. That is not something to be proud of.

He seems like the kind of person who would probably sell his children if someone offered him a decent enough amount.

My theory on the missionaries like John is that if you want to go on a preaching mission to a Christian country then work for the money yourself. We have a family member who kept trying to solicit other family members for his mission work. We all kept telling him that his church could pay for it, he could pay for it, or he could borrow the money. None of us wanted to fund his more vacation than missionary trips. I feel the same way about John. Man up and support your family first and your delusions later. He's lazy and despicable in my view.

I think he's back in the US, so likely it was an American teenager. Still shitty though. That money was given to that girl so that she could fund further education or help support herself while looking for a job. She's about to be an adult, and while her family may support her, she doesn't have dozens of churches handing her thousands of dollars for doing fuck-all. It's not supposed to be funding Shrader's African vacation.

Ah, that makes it slightly less bad. Only slightly, mind. Still taking money from a fucking child, quite clearly against her will. I wonder how he can live with himself, he can't have a shred of dignity.

Shame on John and on every family member, church member and anyone else who enables him by supporting his delusions. I have a sad feeling that, if he does manage to get his entire family to Africa, the odds are that they won't all return. Someone please stop him now!

Archived