IGNORED

Burden to Burundi, Zealous for Zambia

Palimpsest

I thought I'd start a new thread for John Shrader because this new title is hard to resist.

John is off to boot camp and is getting "medical training" with the whole family. He has been back in the USA for over 10 days and is still feeling jet lagged, the poor little guy. He should be over it by now.

Appreciate your prayers this week. Starting a missionary boot camp tomorrow. We have a full day of Medical training tomorrow, then we hike in Tuesday to a 160 acre training area where we will stay until Saturday. Going to be roughing it with the whole fam, littles and all! Looking forward to it, but very tired from jet lag, then driving to Florida to say goodbye to Esther's family before driving here to Missouri for the camp. Going to be a great time, but would be grateful for your prayers nonetheless!

And Sharon Bailgoat :romance-inlove: asks a relevant question. I wonder if she spelled praying wrong on purpose?

Sharon Bailgoat Oh dear. Where will the children sleep? Praise god that the children experience boot camp. Preying for the Shraders. Amen™!!!

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome title and awesome comment from Sharon. I am fb friends with John on my 'other' account.

So entertaining!

I cant believe this idiot...is he seriously taking the children to something like this, all 8 of them, under 10, including a 6 month old baby.

When children are simply a symbol of how blessed you are (rather than actual individual ppl) and you have as many as they do, I guess they're pretty much replacable. Doesn't matter if you loose one, there'll be another one next year.

John Shrader is quite unbelievable! He is still ignoring the person who pointed out that the children need immunizations before traveling to Zambia, but boasts that they will have a full day of "Medical" training. Whoop-de-do! That will be soooo helpful.

I think he is being deliberately confusing about their travel plans. We don't know where he is now, except they have left Texas. Then over to Florida to say goodbye to the Kellers, back to Missouri for more bootcamp, and then they are supposedly going back to Washington State to wait for the visas. Poor kids. :auto-camptrailer:

We know that at least some of the Kellers are aware of FJ. Both Suze and Candice have posted here (I still think that Candice got overly slammed and badly treated, but that is water under the bridge). What are the chances that John is reading here as Snark is readable by guests?

Hi, John! Can we have more details please? How is the fund raising going? Are you channeling the funds through a 501©3? Where do you plan on housing your children in Zambia. Have you got your visas yet? Have you bought health insurance for everyone? We really don't want you using medical supplies and resources intended for Zambians, you know?

Hey, if I get a clear answer on any of these questions I might even make a care package up to send to Esther for the children. It will include recipes using affordable ingredients easily found in Zambian market places, a decent first aid kit, some mosquito netting and as much anti-bug stuff as I can cram in! I would like to know whether it is tax deductible, however!

Silly Palimpest, they don't need insurance, or vaccinations for that matter. They're getting A WHOLE DAY of medical training! John Shrader can fall off a cliff for all I care, but those kids don't deserve that.

Yeah, I know. :(

I'm really concerned for the children. As John is such a dedicated grifter I hoped that bribing offering him an incentive in the form of a care package for the kids might work to get his brain in motion as to the risks.

The problem is that he'll probably grab all the anti-bug stuff and mosquito netting for himself and leave the kids to their own devices!

I have really good recipes for maize porridge and a vegetarian (chicken optional) ground nut stew too. It is best made with freshly roasted and ground nuts, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, any other vegetables available and a few spices, and served with a side of delicious and nutritious lenga-lenga (I use kale or spinach in the USA because I can't buy amaranth here.)

:o

Hopefully our dear friend Sharon Bailgoat will write another blog entry soon :lol:

Her digs at him are always brilliant ;)

Like everyone else of course, I feel sorry for those kids :angry-banghead:

Even though this is way after the fact I loooooove the title of this forum :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Even though this is way after the fact I loooooove the title of this forum :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks. Credit to Uber Frau for fixing the quote as a Burden to Burundi and Godisnotsogood for the suggestion of using it as a thread title.

If he ever manages to get to Zambia we'll have to change it to "Burden to Burundi and Zealot in Zambia!" :D

I'm guessing he recovered from his jet lag long enough to empregnant his wife with #9?!?!

Wait what?! Did someone make an announcement before the pee stick dried?

I'm guessing he recovered from his jet lag long enough to empregnant his wife with #9?!?!

Please say this isn't true!

No no no please no. Esther had enough trouble with the birth of her last baby.

Boy am I jealous, he can learn medicine in one day and it took me 4 yrs of nursing school and 3+ yrs of advanced training, then more than 40 hrs per year to keep up on everything that is changing. He must be a fast learned.

Boy am I jealous, he can learn medicine in one day and it took me 4 yrs of nursing school and 3+ yrs of advanced training, then more than 40 hrs per year to keep up on everything that is changing. He must be a fast learned.

You clearly didn't have god on your side like John does.

You clearly didn't have god on your side like John does.

I guess I took the wrong plan.

FYI they can't get a vista without proof of vaccinations.

I guess I took the wrong plan.

FYI they can't get a vista without proof of vaccinations.

To the bolded, no. Wrong. I'm so sorry because it sounds so counterintuitive and common sense, but wrong!

The Shraders and Reas can get visas without vaccinations/immunizations. I posted this on the last thread.

All immunizations leaving the USA are strongly recommended but entirely voluntary. Entry into Zambia is at your own risk. All that is requires is yellow fever from countries known to have current outbreaks. Non-yellow fever immunized people may be asked to sign a waiver.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_t ... _1062.html

Zambia has fluid boundaries with refugees crossing at all times. Mosquitoes also are not put off by human designated national boundaries. Immunization is hard/impossible to enforce at entry for anyone. So the Shraders and Reas can (and probably will) avoid them.

To the bolded, no. Wrong. I'm so sorry because it sounds so counterintuitive and common sense, but wrong!

The Shraders and Reas can get visas without vaccinations/immunizations. I posted this on the last thread.

All immunizations leaving the USA are strongly recommended but entirely voluntary. Entry into Zambia is at your own risk. All that is requires is yellow fever from countries known to have current outbreaks. Non-yellow fever immunized people may be asked to sign a waiver.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_t ... _1062.html

Zambia has fluid boundaries with refugees crossing at all times. Mosquitoes also are not put off by human designated national boundaries. Immunization is hard/impossible to enforce at entry for anyone. So the Shraders and Reas can (and probably will) avoid them.

I guess it was the organization that I went with that required proof of vaccinations before they would allow me to apply of a VISA, so I thought that everyone was required to have them. Boy am I wrong. However, who would want to go to a third world county without them. Oh I forgot the sky pilot protects them.

Ho boy. One day of medical training, 8 kids, a frequently knocked up mother with difficult labors and John in charge. All unvaccinated and attempting to convert the already largely Christian country.

If God is good he will provide a strong wifi connection so us FJers can read along with the Schrader's shenanigans.

Yeah, I know. :(

I'm really concerned for the children. As John is such a dedicated grifter I hoped that bribing offering him an incentive in the form of a care package for the kids might work to get his brain in motion as to the risks.

The problem is that he'll probably grab all the anti-bug stuff and mosquito netting for himself and leave the kids to their own devices!

I have really good recipes for maize porridge and a vegetarian (chicken optional) ground nut stew too. It is best made with freshly roasted and ground nuts, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, any other vegetables available and a few spices, and served with a side of delicious and nutritious lenga-lenga (I use kale or spinach in the USA because I can't buy amaranth here.)

The Whole Foods where I used to live (Center City Philadelphia) had amaranth in the bulk section. I haven't checked since moving to Oregon, but might be worth a shot?

Archived