IGNORED

Welcome SUSANNA GRACE Munck.

Justme

Interesting they chose the same name as Nat Maxwell's first. (I think her middle name was Grace, too.) Just think, if Liz hadn't cancelled her wedding, there is a good chance that she, too, would be delivering this summer....

I had guessed it would be a boy but (forgetting about the religious aspects), I'm happy it is a girl. Mom Munck's youngest girls are adorable and it seems like they are a little more mainstream, with webkinz, toys and cute pjs and bedding. I remember reading on the girls Muck blog, one of the quoting Stephanie Tanner, "How Rude" so watching full house is pretty progressive? Mom Munck sure looked great at 40 weeks pregnant. It seems like the whole family eats better then some of the other large families like Bates and Duggars.

Interesting they chose the same name as Nat Maxwell's first. (I think her middle name was Grace, too.) Just think, if Liz hadn't cancelled her wedding, there is a good chance that she, too, would be delivering this summer....

I don't suppose we can construe this as a huge middle finger to the Maxwells? Only difference was I think her name was Susannah.

Somehow I doubt the Muncks sat down and said to themselves, "Wow, we really hate the Maxwells. We hate them so much that we're going to give them a giant middle finger by naming our daughter a variant of their dead granddaughter's name. That'll show 'em!"

I don't think it has anything to do with the Maxwells - the name, that is. Their connection is a year in the past and even so, I can't imagine anyone being so into saying 'fuck you' to some group of people they'd name their kid after the short lived, wanted baby of a member of that group. Basically, I think any kind of connection is a huge stretch.

I feel sorry for that little girl growing up fundie. But, as far as 'but's' can go with fundies, at least she will always know she is loved, wanted and an individual. Even if she's an individual whose goals in life are already determined by her parents, the Muncks at the very least celebrate their 'blessings' and give them love and attention as individual human beings. She at least won't be abused or kept in a box of ideal behavior/personality. And, she WILL be able to deny a marriage if it isn't what she wants.

Better, for a fundie life. But, ultimately, a fundie life none the less. I hope they are all healthy.

The name is very cute and baby Susanna is too!

I hardly think it was an FU to the Maxwells? They have both erased from their minds that time(except maybe for Joe and Elizabeth)

The only thing I can give them credit for is allowing Elizabeth to run from the Maxwells.

My goodness, that baby *is* beautiful. Those eyebrows!

When, with trepidation, I recently thought to visit the Maxwell blog again, there was the traditional concern about how its stultifying story might affect my mood. But then, inspiration overtook me: After looking at the Maxes, the antidote is to go look at the Muncks! And then, of course, hie myself to FreeJinger

Glad to see baby is healthy. I hope Mrs. Munck is also faring well after her delivery. I like that they treat their children as individual humans.

Woo I voted ~girl~ in her poll, I win! The Muncks seem like more of a loving fundie family. At least of the ones I've seen.

Susanna's a cute name

Yeah, Susannah is a super trendy name among fundies, so I'm not reading anything into it. I'm glad the baby's healthy, but it's all downhill from here. For some reason everyone tries to claim really hard the Muncks are somehow less abusive and controlling than other fundies, but I don't believe it. This girl has a childhood of mediocre education, obedience training, and physical abuse followed by a young marriage to a controlling fundie husband whether she wants that life or not. It saddens me that on every single thread about a birth or marriage, everyone suddenly decides to ignore every single thing on every other thread of this blog and act like it's good news. I really should stop reading these threads at all. I just don't understand why we have to be happy about situations that will inevitably lead to child abuse.

Yeah, Susannah is a super trendy name among fundies, so I'm not reading anything into it. I'm glad the baby's healthy, but it's all downhill from here. For some reason everyone tries to claim really hard the Muncks are somehow less abusive and controlling than other fundies, but I don't believe it.This girl has a childhood of mediocre education, obedience training, and physical abuse followed by a young marriage to a controlling fundie husband whether she wants that life or not. It saddens me that on every single thread about a birth or marriage, everyone suddenly decides to ignore every single thing on every other thread of this blog and act like it's good news. I really should stop reading these threads at all. I just don't understand why we have to be happy about situations that will inevitably lead to child abuse.

I agree with you, except it appears Elizabeth called off the courtship with Joseph and they supported her. By her own choice, she isn't married to a controlling fundie husband. Atleast, not yet.

The only thing I can give them credit for is allowing Elizabeth to run from the Maxwells.

This.

The fact they liked what they heard at a Maxwell seminar and tried to incorporate those ideas into their family doesn't speak well of them.

The fact that they fully supported their daughter marrying into one if the most extreme and isolationist fundie families after a no touch courtship and before she was twenty doesn't speak well of them.

The fact that they "allowed" their adult daughter to pull out of a marriage to a religious extremist who she barely knew isn't that impressive, they would be truly monstrous if they hadn't supported her choice.

Mama Munck and her elder daughters enjoy twee decorations and party themes. That's all very nice, but it doesn't negate the fact that they are fundamentalist zealots who control the lives if their undereducated adult children and severely constrain their life choices.

Welcome little baby, you're beautiful and you have a lovely name !

Hope you'll have a happy life. Hope you'll be the last children of your family.

muncksquiver.blogspot.fr/2010/10/what-is-in-name.html And I hope also your parent will explain why this name :)

Welcome little baby, you're beautiful and you have a lovely name !

Hope you'll have a happy life. Hope you'll be the last children of your family.

muncksquiver.blogspot.fr/2010/10/what-is-in-name.html And I hope also your parent will explain why this name :)

Wow, didn't know Amanda's first name is actually Martha. :shock:

I love the name Martha! I would totally name my daughter Martha, but I know so many people view it as an 'old' name. I love the name Susanna, too... that one would still be an option if I ever had a daughter.

Somehow I doubt the Muncks sat down and said to themselves, "Wow, we really hate the Maxwells. We hate them so much that we're going to give them a giant middle finger by naming our daughter a variant of their dead granddaughter's name. That'll show 'em!"

Too bad.

The baby is beautiful and that's pretty hard to say of most newborns! They are often splotchy and coneheaded (and yes, I'm a mother, so I do speak from experience). So now the Muncks have 6 boys and 6 girls. I hope they stop and just enjoy their brood since they will likely be welcoming grandchildren anytime within the next year.

Archived