IGNORED

Erin & Chad are offical...

silverspoons

Look at that exposed knee in the second row picture of them sitting at McCloud Mountain.

Stop giving the goods away for free, Erin!

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like what one person said in another thread about how Erin has really broken away from frumpy clothes and probably won't wanna wear a dress with a satin Tshirt for a bodice. That'll be really nice if that happens.

It seems like Erin and Chad at least had ample time to get to know each other before getting engaged and their body language seems a lot less stilted than other fundie couples still in the courtship phase, so I think they're really in love.

Gil and Kelly's insane helicopter parenting (reading the texts of their grown kids? REALLY?) is so weird, though. I know parents instinctively want to protect their kids for as long as possible, but at some point you just have to trust that they'll be ok deciding things for themselves. Fundie parents don't seem to give their kids enough credit.

We have a family in our Catholic parish that homeschools, keeps their kids out of parish religious ed, and turns up at mass with the mother and daughters wearing fundie prairie dresses. I saw two of the teenage daughters in Walgreens one day with their older brother hanging over them the whole time and heard him reprimand one for glancing at a display of nail polish. This morning they were just a row over from us and I was kind of watching them. Today's OT reading was about faith and our priest's homily was about trusting in God instead of giving in to our own anxieties and worries. And I was looking at the fundie family thinking that the parents won't hear that because they cannot even trust themselves or their children. They have no trust in what they have taught their kids and how they have raised them. I have encountered the father enough to know that he would be the first to tell anyone that he and his family are holier and more faithful than the rest of the parish, yet he does not have enough faith to believe that his kids can use what they've been taught to make good decisions for themselves. How can anyone like that have any faith in what he cannot see?

And what that all boils down to is that in the end, they are all hypocrites. If they really believed their religion and moral system worked, they would not have to be so afraid of it not working for their children.

Meh, I don't think it's cute and I don't feel like I have to say congrats for every single wedding. They'll be abusing kids soon enough and I refuse to be happy about that.

I thought that once they started courting they could text each other... didn't she say that?

She responded to a comment the other day saying that that was the goal, but Chad and Erin wanted to keep the accountability. She also said that they liked it because they got to know each other's siblings better. Alyssa and John use this too. Zach and Whitney text each other directly, but at the end of the day, Zach has an "open phone policy," which means that his parents can check his phone at any time. This leads me to believe that Zach and Whitney are much more likely to break away. She also admitted that they're still experimenting with it all and might not use that for a future relationship. She even said, "I'm not sure if that's the best way or not."

I think Erin and Chad are just as brainwashed as other fundie royalty, like Robert and Kendalyn or David and Priscilla. Unlike these couples though, Chad and Erin really seem smitten with each other and I think they would have a more equitable relationship. While I can see them maybe turning to NFP or something, they both seem to enjoy their status as the perfect IBLP couple. A the end of the day though, Erin will have a better life than Priscilla, Kendalyn, or Esther Shrader.

Meh, I don't think it's cute and I don't feel like I have to say congrats for every single wedding. They'll be abusing kids soon enough and I refuse to be happy about that.

Thank you! I honestly don't get why people think Erin & Chad or Zach & Whitney will be "fundie-lite".

Kelly says thta the older kids ask for this accountability. But if you read all her posts, she says things like, "Gil and I decided. . . " and "This is our rule. . . " and "The kids can appeal if they want to. . ."

I don't think Erin and Chad want more accountability. I think they want to be left the hell alone. I suspect that Kelly and Gil are more nervous about Erin than they are about Zach. She is a girl, their first girl to court, and seems quite attracted to her bf. They want to know what's going on. That's why "Erin requested the accountability."

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the adult children were the ones requesting the rules and accountability. Think about it this way: they've been taught their entire lives to be terrified of sexuality. Sex before marriage is wrong. So is making out. So is kissing. Touching is probably a bad idea, too. Sexual thoughts are a result of Satan tempting you. Being turned on by the person you're dating/courting isn't exciting for these people, it's scary. So I can imagine these young people, who truly believe this, wanting all the help they can get to not be led astray by the devil - until their wedding night when everything that was evil and impure suddenly because wonderful and required.

Yup, me too. I want to see just what she does with her hair for this event.

Erin is evidence that there may be no god. The saying is 'the higher the hair, the closer to God'. If that was true, then Erin would have a perpetual sunburn from basking in his everlasting glow.

I like what one person said in another thread about how Erin has really broken away from frumpy clothes and probably won't wanna wear a dress with a satin Tshirt for a bodice. That'll be really nice if that happens.

I'm not sure she's broken away from frumpy clothes... Just what is that curious brown shirt-t-shirt-twisted-thing item she is sporting?!

What, exactly, do they think accountability means? WHY do no fundies teach SELF-accountability, SELF-respect, etc? You make the right choices because they're the right choices, not because someone is going to catch you.

ETA: Parenting - you're doing it wrong if you think the only way your kid is going to behave is if you watch them 24/7. You have not raised someone who can survive in the world when you are gone.

What I find particularly confusing is that they put so much emphasis on the men being the leaders in relationships - head of the family, chief provider, protector, authority over the wife and children, blah blah blah - and yet at the same time they don't trust their sons. At all. The girls are raised to be babysitters for men. Once the man is married, his wife becomes the one who has to hold his hand and make sure all the passwords are in place so that he can't google image search 'boobs'.

It's just such a bizarre contradiction. How can you look up to this guy as your 'headship' when you also believe he can't be trusted to not go insane with an unlocked iPhone? The women really end up with all the authority in this area, but they're pretending that they're submitting to their husband. What?

All I want to know is if the the wedding will be lived streamed? We have not had a good real-time snarkfest of live-streamed fundie wedding in quite some time.

I'd love it if the wedding was live streamed. I want to see her wedding dress. Will she buy one at Fundy Brides R Us or will her sister Michael lovingly sew one for her?

The real question is, will Erin be removed from the family photo once she is married?

The real question is, will Erin be removed from the family photo once she is married?

Could you explain that one? I'm just not sure I follow

It seems to be fundie tradition for some families that when a child gets married they are no longer considered a full part of the family as they dont live in the house. A lot of fundies dont put their married kids in the family photo anymore.

It seems to be fundie tradition for some families that when a child gets married they are no longer considered a full part of the family as they dont live in the house. A lot of fundies dont put their married kids in the family photo anymore.

That's unfortunate. You'd think they'd include both spouses in each family photo, esp with the way they emphasize "family values"

:roll:

I hope she has a full-on fairy princess dress! I could never wear a big wedding dress so I love seeing them on others :lol:

I hope she has a full-on fairy princess dress! I could never wear a big wedding dress so I love seeing them on others :lol:

Ok, let's start taking bets - which will be bigger? The dress or the hair?

Congrats to them! They are a cute couple...but I shiver at how awkward their first months of marriage will be. :?

me too.I predict Erin will have straight hair for awhile,as she is not going to want her new hubby to see her in curlers!

Ok, let's start taking bets - which will be bigger? The dress or the hair?

both,but I think the dress will win out for big,with a long train and full bodice.maybe even one with a hoop underneath?

Archived