IGNORED

Dominion Skills

Marian the Librarian

dominionskills.com

Photos provide many fundie-spotting opportunities, especially the Memorial Day event.

dominionskills.com

Photos provide many fundie-spotting opportunities, especially the Memorial Day event.

Maybe FJ should propose its own Shoptime event. Beer-making? Making skirt cheese at home? Creating graven images from household products? The possibilities are endless.

They have a weird definition of dominion skills. Selling on ebay? :think:

Lots of these sessions are about ways to make money from home. Their definition of dominion seems a bit more practical than, say, Doug Phillips (who is a tool) an his quest to take ominion over all things, animate, inanimate, and other-worldly.

Is that a Botkinette knitting, or is some random the just-got-off-the-chaise-hairstyle fundie? It would be pretty rare to see an isolated Botkinette, since they don't seem to venture far from each other.

dominionskills.com

Both Botkinettes are there but, unlike their sisters-in-law, don't seem to be having a very good time.

Both Botkinettes are there but, unlike their sisters-in-law, don't seem to be having a very good time.

Do they ever have a good time? They always look kind of...sedated.

Found this on the Vision section of the page.

"We have found the ShopTimes have been equally valuable for the ladies and young girls. Though we have divided the ladies into separate workshops a few times (herbs, haircutting, cloth diapers, etc.), we have found that they generally enjoy being out in the shop working and learning with their fathers and brothers. It is important that we train our young ladies that being a “help-meet†doesn’t box them into only domestic skills. It means helping/supporting the men in their life, whether it is a father, brother, or husband. This may mean hanging drywall, pounding a nail, working in the garden, or slopping pigs…."

Okay, that's kind of awesome. They have shop skills like welding and whatnot and I guess the ladies can take the classes too. Those are actually really cool skills to have, especially if you are more of a homesteading family.

I would even enjoy the more "domestic" skills they had for the women. They are actually useful for a homemaker to learn. I'd MUCH rather learn how to use cloth diapers or cut hair than learn how to make TaterTot Casserole like a Duggar or learn how to dress like a Botkinette.

"We have found the ShopTimes have been equally valuable for the ladies and young girls. Though we have divided the ladies into separate workshops a few times (herbs, haircutting, cloth diapers, etc.), we have found that they generally enjoy being out in the shop working and learning with their fathers and brothers. It is important that we train our young ladies that being a “help-meet†doesn’t box them into only domestic skills. It means helping/supporting the men in their life, whether it is a father, brother, or husband. This may mean hanging drywall, pounding a nail, working in the garden, or slopping pigs…."

Okay, that's kind of awesome. They have shop skills like welding and whatnot and I guess the ladies can take the classes too. Those are actually really cool skills to have, especially if you are more of a homesteading family.

I would even enjoy the more "domestic" skills they had for the women. They are actually useful for a homemaker to learn. I'd MUCH rather learn how to use cloth diapers or cut hair than learn how to make TaterTot Casserole like a Duggar or learn how to dress like a Botkinette.

Someone should call Zsu. Welding would be awesome for her.

I learned how to weld Acetylene torch and arc when I was a teenager--and carpentry/power tools, and some basic electrical wiring andsmall engine repair. Same sort of thing as my male relatives learning how to knit and sew and cook. I don't weld today (don't own a welder). Go 4-H!

I would also mention that "slopping hogs) is mostly feeding them vegetable kitchen scraps or garden / store veggie or bread seconds--maybe mixed with regular hog feed-- and not a particularly advanced skill, LOL. Drywalling is more of an art than hog slopping.

Someone should call Zsu. Welding would be awesome for her.

Someone should call Doug Phillips (who is a tool). Vision Forum would never allow this!

Archived