IGNORED

State-Funded Crisis Pregnancy Centers typical lies

doggie

Nothing like blatant lies to get woman to follow abstinence only crap. How christian of you to lie. how much you want to bet most of the people who man these dens of the devil were not pure then they got married.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/0 ... 21377.html

When a woman walked into a state-funded "crisis pregnancy center" in Manassas, Va., this summer and told the counselor she might be pregnant, she was told that condoms don't actually prevent STDs and that birth control frequently causes hair loss, memory loss, headaches, weight gain, fatal blood clots and breast cancer.

"The first three ingredients in the birth control pill are carcinogens," the CPC counselor said, adding that she always tries to talk women out of taking it.

The counselor also told the woman that condoms are not effective at preventing pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases because they are "naturally porous."

"Safe sex is a joke," she said. "There's no such thing."

Well, on their side, hormonal bc does cause headaches, weight gain, and can cause blood clots. It's in the inserts.

There is also a big push to say safER instead of safe sex because condoms can fail, and some people don't use them right. And some diseases like herpes can still be caught.

Anyway, some us wrong but some info is right. To "OMG the horrible, wrong info!" About all of it is as wrong to do as some of the info that can be gotten from some people pushing abstinence. Imo.

Eta: apparently it can cause hair loss as well. I actually hadn't heard that before except from some people who have hormonal problems already.

And lots of doctors say that the estrogen overload can cause cancer. This is definitely disputed though. Soooo...take part that however you want.

RainbowSky, of course that's true. All those side effects CAN happen. But claiming they cause all this in a sizeable portion of the women who use hormonal birth control is using facts (side effects can happen) to lie (side effects will happen).

Especially the cancer scare is beyond mean and blown out of proportion.

Those"counselors" remind me of the people who claim that "Hitler wasn't that bad as he's made out to be, after all, he got people into work, supported families and built freeways!".

Lambskin condoms are more porous than their latex counterparts, and so are not quite as effective for birth control. Also, condoms in general won't prevent all STDs, but can still prevent some of them.

But still, it's irritating that this counselor seems intent on offering only partial information instead of the whole truth so that the woman could make the best decision possible for her own health and well-being.

And yet they so conveniently ignore all of the health ramifications of pregnancy. Typical.

This is the typical approach to abstinence only education. Plus they are saying if your married you should not use BC as it is bad for you. This is state sponsored religious education going on.

Well, on their side, hormonal bc does cause headaches, weight gain, and can cause blood clots. It's in the inserts.

There is also a big push to say safER instead of safe sex because condoms can fail, and some people don't use them right. And some diseases like herpes can still be caught.

Anyway, some us wrong but some info is right. To "OMG the horrible, wrong info!" About all of it is as wrong to do as some of the info that can be gotten from some people pushing abstinence. Imo.

Eta: apparently it can cause hair loss as well. I actually hadn't heard that before except from some people who have hormonal problems already.

And lots of doctors say that the estrogen overload can cause cancer. This is definitely disputed though. Soooo...take part that however you want.

You know what else causes all those things? Pregnancy. It also causes a host of other physical problems. People facing unexpected/unwanted pregnancies are dealing with enough already. They don't need CPCs to feed them lies and scare tactics on top of it :roll:

The investigation revealed that 71 percent of the CPCs in Virginia give out medically inaccurate information about the health consequences and effectiveness of birth control, condoms and abortion.

Honestly, I'm shocked that a whole 29% of the CPC's apparently *didn't* give out any medically inaccurate information.

I believe Implanon caused my breast cancer. Yes, the chances are low, but the risk increases in women over 40 and no doctor I talked to said it wasn't the cause. (It IS in the insert that there is a risk) I wish someone had told me that there was a risk. I still might have gotten the implant, but it would have been a more informed decision.

I made my daughter promise to never get an implant. My sister has promised my niece won't.

Honestly, I'm shocked that a whole 29% of the CPC's apparently *didn't* give out any medically inaccurate information.

The 29% probably meant to misinform, but somehow messed that up.

As the woman came in saying there was a good chance she was pregnant, I think the abstinence ship had already sailed. What the woman needed was information on her choices and information on where she could get support and help if she decided to continue the pregnancy and keep the child. She was most likely scared out of her mind and did not need some holier than thou bitch reading her the riot act. These places claim to be so religious, but I rarely see any compassion from them.

I believe Implanon caused my breast cancer. Yes, the chances are low, but the risk increases in women over 40 and no doctor I talked to said it wasn't the cause. (It IS in the insert that there is a risk) I wish someone had told me that there was a risk. I still might have gotten the implant, but it would have been a more informed decision.

I made my daughter promise to never get an implant. My sister has promised my niece won't.

I am very sorry you had/have to go through that.

But unfortunately, it is never that easy with cancer and its causes. Yes, my father probably got lung cancer because he smoked two packets a day. But other people do so, too, and never get lung cancer! Many woman have implants, take the pill and never get cancer etc.

Several factors have to come together to cause the tumor to exist and grow.

While in your case, the implant might have been the factor that tipped the scale into the negative, nobody can say it would have been so for your daughter, your niece, the woman next door etc. Although I can certainly understand not wanting to take that risk for the own family after this experience!

The risk is low enough to be a good choice (safe contraception against a slightly elevated cancer risk) if you have no other risk factors in your life. Like said above, pregnancy carries its risks, too. so for many women, to be 99,9% sure her contraception will not fail is worth quite a lot.

Except, death rate of pregnancy is way higher than the pill. And it makes you lose your hair. But all that aside, isn't this woman's ulterior motive to stop abortions? So why's she trying to cause more unwanted pregnancies and abortions?

Am I feeding the troll again?

Except, death rate of pregnancy is way higher than the pill. And it makes you lose your hair. But all that aside, isn't this woman's ulterior motive to stop abortions? So why's she trying to cause more unwanted pregnancies and abortions?

Am I feeding the troll again?

Is the death rate higher from pregnancy ? Wouldn't it be very difficult to get that information accurately? I'm thinking pill /birth control deaths wouldn't be listed that way, because deaths wouldn't be as directly attributable -they would be listed under stroke or whatever the exact medical issue is and the connection wouldn't be directly made unless someone is doing a study, or if a relative made the connection and sued. If a woman dies from toxemia or hemorrhaging from childbirth it's obvious what the cause was.

I'm not against hormonal birth control, I just was thinking about this due to an entirely different medical issue I'm dealing with that has similar issues.

Archived