IGNORED

Donald Duck wants you on the pill.

clarinetpower

briannaheldt.com/2013/08/06/donald-ducks-birth-control/#sthash.Hsal7R5Y.RMMtksV7.dpbs

And of course, the fundie Catholic bloggers are incensed and horrified and sarcastic and angry and amazed at just how deluded the rest of the world is because OBVS the Pope was right and if we all just trust God there is no poverty (despite what it says in the Bible.)

Sigh.

Oh, and FB Fundie Catholic acquaintances of mine are convinced that Walt was rolling over in his grave when they made this, because I think he's a candidate for sainthood because FAMILY VALUES OBVIOUSLY HE WASN'T JUST TRYING TO MAKE OODLES OF MONEY THAT WAS JUST A SIDE EFFECT!!!!! :angry-banghead:

Tried to embed the video, failed miserably multiple times. I give up. Here's the link if you just want the video and don't want to wade through the Wife. Mother. Catholic. Writer.'s blog.

briannaheldt.com/2013/08/06/donald-ducks-birth-control/#sthash.Hsal7R5Y.RMMtksV7.dpbs

And of course, the fundie Catholic bloggers are incensed and horrified and sarcastic and angry and amazed at just how deluded the rest of the world is because OBVS the Pope was right and if we all just trust God there is no poverty (despite what it says in the Bible.)

Sigh.

Oh, and FB Fundie Catholic acquaintances of mine are convinced that Walt was rolling over in his grave when they made this, because I think he's a candidate for sainthood because FAMILY VALUES OBVIOUSLY HE WASN'T JUST TRYING TO MAKE OODLES OF MONEY THAT WAS JUST A SIDE EFFECT!!!!! :angry-banghead:

Tried to embed the video, failed miserably multiple times. I give up. Here's the link if you just want the video and don't want to wade through the Wife. Mother. Catholic. Writer.'s blog.

Last monday Zsu posted it on her FB page.

Sigh.

inner-Disney Childhood Geek: Walter Elias Disney died in 1966. * if you already knew that, I apologize * :embarrassed:

Uncle Walt testified against people during the McCarthy hearings, was anti-union, and antisemitic. Definitely a man of family values. All that aside, Donald probably wants Daisy and other women on the pill because he doesn't wear any pants. :)

ZsuZsu posted about it on her FB on Monday, she said something like "I hate Disney and Disney hates me", I commented "well I guess that works out for both of you then doesn't it"

Who was the intended audience? I am a little confused by it!

I liked it though. There was that whole "stupid foreigner" thing happening and the information was vague enough to be almost no help whatsoever, but I like that it existed overall.

I cannot stand that blogger. She was a hate-read of mine for awhile, but I had to stop. She's just so "I'm better than you" about damn near everything. The last time I checked her blog I saw photos of her kids at a Pro-Life Rally, and nearly punched my computer. She won't talk about the molestation that happens in the Catholic church, and, in my opinion, she's just a child collector (who doesn't adopt from the US). UGH!

(Sorry for the vent, but this blogger pushes all my rage buttons!)

I cannot stand that blogger. She was a hate-read of mine for awhile, but I had to stop. She's just so "I'm better than you" about damn near everything. The last time I checked her blog I saw photos of her kids at a Pro-Life Rally, and nearly punched my computer. She won't talk about the molestation that happens in the Catholic church, and, in my opinion, she's just a child collector (who doesn't adopt from the US). UGH!

(Sorry for the vent, but this blogger pushes all my rage buttons!)

This is my first introduction to her and yeah, I hear you already!

The thing that keeps making me roll my eyes is that she mentions how crazy and hard life is as the sainted mom of eight children constantly and yet she still has plenty of time to write these wall o' text blogs on the regular. Yeah, whatever. :roll:

I've been reading here too long, eight is barely noteworthy anymore. lol

ZsuZsu posted about it on her FB on Monday, she said something like "I hate Disney and Disney hates me", I commented "well I guess that works out for both of you then doesn't it"

Ooooh that was you? I already thought, probably a FJer!

Disney did the video about menstruation that we girls had to watch in 4th grade.

No way!!

Man, all I got was the one with blushing girls discussing "down there".

It is the notion that truly liberated men and women ought to be able to engage in “normal relations†without the possibility of conceiving a child. To do so is a basic human right, and to suggest that a couple in a difficult financial position abstain during fertile times is tantamount to stone-age abuse.

So couples in extremely stressful situations should abstain from sex, adding even more stress to their relationship, just to make the pope happy? F'real?

These people are idiots.

They also completely missed that the cartoon mentioned that there were appropriate family planning strategies out there for everyone, which I took to mean abstinence or NFP for those who were devout Catholics and others who don't believe in mechanical/surgical/hormonal bc.

Ugh, she comes across like a younger version of Barbara "Mommy Life" Curtis only not dead.

I agree with this. I've been reading Brianna's blog for about a year. She pisses me off at times, but I think Super Catholic Abigail is worse than Brianna. Barbara Curtis was one blogger that I sometimes liked because she was against spanking and she did a lot for her sons with Down syndrome. Barbara did piss me off right before she died when she blogged about boycotting Amazon due to Jeff Bezos supporting gay marriage.

No way!!

Here's one version of the video:

G8Z82MZUUJ4

Ugh, she comes across like a younger version of Barbara "Mommy Life" Curtis only not dead.

:lol:

I didn't like Barbara Curtis, to put it mildly, but I can't remember why now. Probably some nasty, self-righteous "pro-life" rant or something.

Speaking of self-righteousness, I'm starting to notice that fundie Catholic bloggers may be even worse than Protestant fundies. They're even more obsessed with abortion, on average.

:lol:

I didn't like Barbara Curtis, to put it mildly, but I can't remember why now. Probably some nasty, self-righteous "pro-life" rant or something.

Speaking of self-righteousness, I'm starting to notice that fundie Catholic bloggers may be even worse than Protestant fundies. They're even more obsessed with abortion, on average.

And the fundie Catholics who are the worst are usually those who converted to Catholicism.--this Briana chick, dead as a doornail Barbara Curtis, Alte, Crazy Abigail. My mom is what we'd call a cradle Catholic; she was raised Catholic and continues to go to Mass. But no way is she off the fucking rails like the fundie Catholics I just mentioned. She definitely believes in birth control, thinks women should be priests and also thinks priests should be able to get married. The fundie Catholics would faint over all that.

No way!!

We got one starring Aileen Quinn from the movie "Annie"

Archived