IGNORED

Schwandt Family-13th Baby is also a boy! MERGED

0 kids n not countin

I had a girl and then a boy, when I was pregnant with my third, I got a lot of surprised reactions. As in, "Why have another? You already have one of each." I wanted 3 or 4 kids, it wasn't about the gender. I know so many all boy or all girl moms who are bugged all the time about having "just one more" to go for the opposite gender. Ugh.

It's beyond annoying. I have three girls and I'm pregnant with my 4th baby. Every single pregnancy it's been about whether or not I'm having a boy. We've opted for a surprise this time and I am so tired of being treated like the only reason why this baby would be legitimate or justified (4 is Sooooooo many around here apparently) is if it were a boy.

I've started telling people that I do not find out because my child will have their whole life for people to sterotype them based on their gender and I prefer to keep this time safe without that crap. It shuts people up. ;-)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He says maybe the 13th “will be the charm†that gets the family a girl.

That's the spirit. Just keep reproducing human beings until you get what you really want. Just think...if this kid had been a girl you could have stopped!

Hey, I know! Maybe the "charm" in all of this is having a healthy baby and mom :doh:

Does anyone think they will try for #14.

The bigger question would be if they tried NOT to have #14.

But hey, if you love kids and have the time, energy, desire, resources and actually parent the kids, Yeah for you.

The bigger question would be if they tried NOT to have #14.

But hey, if you love kids and have the time, energy, desire, resources and actually parent the kids, Yeah for you.

Good point!! They do seem to actually parent their kids.

Ew! Gross! 12 boys! :ew: I'm thinking of the teen boy hormones making them stink to the high heavens. Walking into my brother's bedroom made me queasy. Ewwwww, teen boy sweat. :lol:

It's beyond annoying. I have three girls and I'm pregnant with my 4th baby. Every single pregnancy it's been about whether or not I'm having a boy. We've opted for a surprise this time and I am so tired of being treated like the only reason why this baby would be legitimate or justified (4 is Sooooooo many around here apparently) is if it were a boy.

I've started telling people that I do not find out because my child will have their whole life for people to sterotype them based on their gender and I prefer to keep this time safe without that crap. It shuts people up. ;-)

I have three girls, and even though my "baby" is almost 8, I keep getting asked if we're going to try for a boy. Nope. Sorry. My reproductive organs are on permanent vacation.

Ew! Gross! 12 boys! :ew: I'm thinking of the teen boy hormones making them stink to the high heavens. Walking into my brother's bedroom made me queasy. Ewwwww, teen boy sweat. :lol:

My nephew was 15 when my grandmother died. My brother picked him up at his mother's on the way to our grandmother's state. Brother did not realize until they got to the visitation the next evening that nephew had neglected to bring along deodorant and had not used any. He stunk to high heaven and here was brother re-introducing him to relatives he had not seen in five or six years. Everyone was kind of discretely stepping back from the stinky teenage boy. Except one of my aunts. She hugged him, stood with her arm around him and generally acted like nothing was wrong. When nephew was not in earshot, my brother apologized to her for the odor. Aunt's response: "Oh, did he smell bad? I didn't notice." When we told her that yes, he smelled horrid and why, she explained: "I raised six boys; my house smelled like that most of the time for 20 years". And indeed it did as her oldest is nearly 18 years older than the youngest.

I feel bad for laughing, Louisa, since a funeral was involved, but can't help but laugh over teen boy stink. My brother was never, ever, ever without at least 1 stick of deodorant. He loved baggy saggy pants partly because he could stick deodorant into a pocket. I do feel bad for the boys, but I'm sorry, it's funny.

• 2 years later...

I just saw an article that this family is now expecting baby 14 in April.

http://www.startribune.com/michigan-family-with-13-sons-expecting-next-child-in-april/472768853/

OCKFORD, Mich. — A Michigan couple with 13 sons is expecting a 14th child in April but waiting until birth to learn the sex.

Jay and Kateri Schwandt say adding another child to their large family won't be too big of a logistic change or financial burden, WOOD-TV reported . Kateri Schwandt said she's used to large families, as one of 14 children herself.

"If you have three, it's the same as having 10 at this point, if you ask me," Kateri Schwandt said. "It's just more chaos, more noise. It's nothing we're not used to at this point."

Like with their last few children, the couple has decided against learning the baby's sex before the birth.

"I would love to have a girl, but I just don't think it's in the cards," Jay Schwandt said.

This will likely be their last child, he added.

"It just feels like this is going to be it, and we're going to enjoy every second of it," Jay Schwandt said.

But Kateri Schwandt said the couple also thought their 13th baby would be their last. The couple said it's hard to imagine their home without a baby in it.

The Schwandts live in Rockford, north of Grand Rapids.

• 2 months later...

And forteenth baby is a boy, named Finley Sheboygan Schwandt. He is born on Wednesday, 18th of april....

Middle name is based on the sentence: she-s-a-boy-again 

""In the story, a Native American chief was also the father to many boys, but he was certain his last baby was going to be a girl. According to the tale, when that baby also turned out to be a boy, the chief named the baby Sheboygan, because "she is a boy again.""

Kateri Schwandt  is now 43... I assume this is her last..... or not...... time will tell !

• 5 months later...

Archived