IGNORED

Breaking Bad Final Season

Stephanie66

i LOVE BREAKING BAD! Jesse Pinkman is my favorite character. I have a weird kind of maternal feeling for him, as I believe he is damaged more than he is "Bad"

Has anyone noticed the color theme in this show?

WHen it starts and Walt is teaching...he is always in brown and Beige

WHen he is making money and being greedy he wears green

When Sylar treats him like dirt he wears her color....blue

Heisenburg wears black

Now that he is out and working in the car wash he is back in beige and brown.

Skylar wear blue (even their pillow cases reflect this Sylar's is blue walts is brown/beige.)

When she gets the upper hand on Walt and cheats with Ted she wears black (heisenberg colors)

When she starts to like the money she wears green.

Jesse wears black and red

When something bad is going to happen and Jesse is going to face danger or a crisis....yellow if added to this clothing.

And of course...Marie and her purple and Hank and his Orange....except when he takes the desk job,,,he then changes to Brown and Beige...

If you watch the beginning of the episode you can get an idea of what will happen by what colors the characters are wearing in an opening shot.

Intersting stuff

... I think it would be the ultimate ending if Walt loses his family to witness protection, then loses the coordinates for where he buried the money. No family, no money, and he dies alone.

An ending that is loosely reminiscent of the fate of The Shield's antihero, Vic Maki. I like it :handgestures-thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

"You're the smartest guy I know. But you're too stupid to see that he made up his mind 10 minutes ago.†- Hank Schrader. RIP.

That was the most intense episode of television I have seen. Wow.

I'm glad that phone call let everyone there see how much Skyler has been manipulated. That's one good thing Walt did, I guess.

That was the most intense episode of television I have seen. Wow.

I'm glad that phone call let everyone there see how much Skyler has been manipulated. That's one good thing Walt did, I guess.

You know he was faking it, right? He was making sure that the police (who he knew were there) heard him claim responsibility for everything, absolving Skyler of any legal repercussions. That's why he was crying and he made the call before he dropped Holly off at the Fire Station. And you can tell that Skyler knew it too, the way she said "I'm sorry."

You know he was faking it, right? He was making sure that the police (who he knew were there) heard him claim responsibility for everything, absolving Skyler of any legal repercussions. That's why he was crying and he made the call before he dropped Holly off at the Fire Station. And you can tell that Skyler knew it too, the way she said "I'm sorry."

He was definitely faking it to make sure the police don't charge Skyler with at least money laundering or some other crime by claiming responsibility for everything.

Yeah, hence the last sentence. I knew he wasn't stupid enough to just believe there were no police, and destroying the phone confirmed he knew (as well as just the way he delivered his whole speech). He's still completely evil, though.

Walt is past redemption at this point. When he was willing to have Jesse murdered right there, and then told him he saw Jane die.

I was terrified he was going to toss Holly off of the bridge.

I am going to miss Hank, just like I miss Mike.

Yeah, hence the last sentence. I knew he wasn't stupid enough to just believe there were no police, and destroying the phone confirmed he knew (as well as just the way he delivered his whole speech). He's still completely evil, though.

Oh, I guess I just misread. Seems like some people did miss that, according to my twitter feed so ... Yeah I was a jerk in my response. Sorry.

So do y'all think Walt will end up saving Jesse?

I don't think Walt comes back with the intent of saving Jesse. He was just way too willing to see him killed in the last episode, and we don't have anything that indicates that has changed. He might end up saving him, kind of in the course of things, but I don't think that's his primary goal.

I think he comes back either for the money, or because something has happened to Skyler or the kids.

Well, I think we all know it is going to be a final shoot-out (although Walt is too smart for a shoot-out) between Walt and the Nazis. I think he took the ricin for Lydia. And yes, I don't think he intends to save Jesse at all, but he will if it means he can somehow get revenge on the Nazis for killing Hank.

Not sure why his family is in danger, but the preview has Saul talking to Walt and saying his family is in danger. The Nazis seem to be done with him, but maybe they are going after his family because the DEA is looking into Hank and Gomie being missing?

• 2 weeks later...

I really liked that the ending was actually an ending. Lately I've felt really let down with shows and their unresolved endings.

I really liked that the ending was actually an ending. Lately I've felt really let down with shows and their unresolved endings.

QFT.

I'm a little late to the BB party, but managed to avoid all of the final episode talk until I watched the finale on my kindle last Weds.

Yes, I like that everything was tied up neatly, but maybe almost a little too neatly. Walt managed to kill everyone he wanted to, and even managed to get a few minutes with Skylar and the baby. I liked that she got him to admit he did it all because he liked it, and not that "for my family" stuff.

Walt managed to be in control right up to the end, even choosing how he went out.

The only one he couldn't control at all at the end was Walt, Jr.

• 3 months later...

I'm late to the party, as usual, but I've been watching Breaking Bad on Netflix and I have made it to the final season. I just watched episode 11. So I can't read the post above me yet!

I just bumped this thread to say, I hate Walt. I hate Walt with all the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns. At the beginning of the show, I didn't like the characters that I ended up liking by this point (Hank, Marie). I LOVE Hank now! I thought Skyler was annoying, which she kind of is, but I don't hate her. I can't say I really like her, though, especially after she sided with Walt even knowing what he's done. I feel bad for Jesse and just sort of want him to be okay somehow. The episode I just watched, he just figured out what Walt did to Brock. And then he took the gas can to Walt's house.

I like Saul because he's funny. Oh, and Huell (or however you spell that). I liked the Scrooge McDuck scene. :lol:

And because it can't be said enough, I hate Walt.

I'm late to the party, as usual, but I've been watching Breaking Bad on Netflix and I have made it to the final season. I just watched episode 11. So I can't read the post above me yet!

I just bumped this thread to say, I hate Walt. I hate Walt with all the fiery passion of a thousand burning suns. At the beginning of the show, I didn't like the characters that I ended up liking by this point (Hank, Marie). I LOVE Hank now! I thought Skyler was annoying, which she kind of is, but I don't hate her. I can't say I really like her, though, especially after she sided with Walt even knowing what he's done. I feel bad for Jesse and just sort of want him to be okay somehow. The episode I just watched, he just figured out what Walt did to Brock. And then he took the gas can to Walt's house.

I like Saul because he's funny. Oh, and Huell (or however you spell that). I liked the Scrooge McDuck scene. :lol:

Poor poor Jesse.

He reminded me of a certain sort of young man I encountered when working in my ex husband's criminal law practice - not at all a bad person, but slowly pulled into major crime through the world they inhabit and not being able to say no. The amount of kids I saw on drug dealing charges cause they "just wanted to help a friend" or cause the drug culture was the first that had ever wanted or valued them was tragic.

Okay, I'm done now. I liked the ending, but I would have liked to see a bit more of what became of Jesse. Like an epilogue, maybe, or something.

Did you guys see the "alternate ending," where he wakes up as Malcolm in the Middle's father, having had a terrible dream? lol!

You'll root for him again. Just wait.

Archived