IGNORED

Breaking Bad Final Season

Stephanie66

I didn't find a thread, so maybe no one is a fan? I am counting down the days until the final 8 episodes.

The only characters I care about are the innocents-Marie, Hank, and the kids.

And, one not-so-innocent, Jesse.

I think as long as all of them survive, I will be happy with the ending. Obviously, Walt is going to die, probably in a blaze of unglory.

Vince Gilligan says that Walt does something so horrible (like the things he has already done aren't?) that no one will be on his side anymore. I have no idea who he is going to kill to get to that status, but probably Marie?

Love, love, love this show!

You're not the only one, I am a HUGE fan of the show! I even have a "Heisenberg Says Relax!" hoodie (now, how bad is THAT! lol). I'm really pumped for the final 8 episodes to finally air. I'll have to make sure I'm well-stocked with popcorn and M&M's this Sunday!

Vince Gilligan says that Walt does something so horrible (like the things he has already done aren't?) that no one will be on his side anymore.

In an TimesTalk panel discussion, he said that the third-from-last episode “is gonna knock your f—ing socks off", so maybe that's when he does this something that's so horrible?

I know that it has run its course now, but damn! I'm gonna miss this show!!

I DO know that Walt, Walt Jr, Jesse and Hank all make it to the finale, and the actor R.J. Mitte, who plays Walt Jr, slipped that he was never in a scene with Aaron Paul. So that's all I know. :)

There are rumors that Saul Goodman is getting a spin-off, but those rumors are unverified. (But I don't know why Saul would get killed.)

If you don't mind speculation, I think Marie is going to get killed, only because Walt successfully used the fake car crash to get Hank off of his tail before. He may kill her to try to get Hank off of his tail, even accidentally.

But if Marie gets killed, who will raise little Holly? (I am assuming Skylar gets killed or has a REAL breakdown or something.)

Also, the cartel might kill Skylar and will probably be after Walt. And Lydia is a loose cannon.

Oh....Sunday can't come soon enough! I am definitely on Team Jesse, though. Yeah, he's a meth manufacturer, former drug dealer and murderer of Gale, but I still love him. I think he could walk away and never go back.

ETA: Cool hoodie. I have seen the Br Ba logo shirts, too. :)

I do figure that there's going to be some kind of epic showdown at some point, as I recall the "flashforward" scene from the beginning of this season....Walter, sporting a full head of hair, celebrating his 52nd (I think it was) birthday alone in a diner, then heading out and opening the trunk of his ride, where we catch a glimpse of an assault rifle and a few boxes of ammo.

I have heard rumours about the Saul Goodman spinoff, too, but can't really picture how well that would fly. Aside from that, I don't see the point of killing him, either.

Lydia is just a tad high-strung for me to put any faith in her to not absolutely lose her cool when things go sideways.

I think Marie is going to get killed, only because Walt successfully used the fake car crash to get Hank off of his tail before.

AND she's annoying as hell! :lol:

Though I will admit, I felt badly for her when Hank was treating her like crap when he was incapacitated.

I am definitely on Team Jesse, though. Yeah, he's a meth manufacturer, former drug dealer and murderer of Gale, but I still love him.

Jesse is my fav character on that show. I know, he's a bad dude, but he also seems to have an air of innocence and naivete that I find endearing.

I can't wait for these last episodes. It is definitely time for the show to end but I will miss it when it is gone. Speculation on my part - I think that Walt has to die...there is no way the show could end with him having a happy life. He's done too much. I'm really curious about this "horrible" thing that Walt does...

I've had a soft spot for Jesse ever since he covered up for his little brother's pot use back in season 2 or 3 I think.

I would watch a Saul Goodman spin-off. Better call Saul!

Walter picks up habits of people he has killed. Remember in the very first season, when he had the drug dealer held captive in his basement? He cut the crusts off of the bread for him. Then, they show him going to work for Gus and he is cutting the crusts off of his bread.

Doing the "52" in the bacon for his birthday...that's something Skyler did. So I predict she is indeed dead at the time Walt is getting his free Grand Slam. He also uses her maiden name, Lambert, as his last name. (But that, of course, is also Marie's maiden name...)

There are lots of shows (like Dexter and Desperate Housewives) that I was "along for the ride" at some point. It was like I had invested so much time into the shows that I felt compelled to finish it out. (Currently doing that with Dexter.) Not this show. I realize it can't go on forever, but I sure wish it could.

Vince Gilligan says that Walt does something so horrible (like the things he has already done aren't?) that no one will be on his side anymore. I have no idea who he is going to kill to get to that status, but probably Marie?

The bolded: exactly. Walt has been doing horrible things and turning into a more and more horrible person with every episode (that's the whole point of the show, and the creators have explicitly stated that - I mean it's in the TITLE) but there are still swarms of rabid fans who think he can do no wrong and Skyler is a bitch for being mean to him :roll: :roll: :roll: so I'm not really convinced anything would necessarily turn them against him...

Love the show, though. I was a bit annoyed by the sudden winding up in the last episode, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they do now, considering they already fast-forwarded through that particular development. I need to do a re-watch before it starts up again.

Hank will be his problem this season - don't want to say more And ruin last season for those who aren't caught up yet. The finale that had the parting shot of the lilies of the valley on Walt's patio was the best wind up I've ever seen.

Watching the marathon as I type.

I love it when a TV series gets to plan its end. Everything gets tied up, all the story lines are complete. It's a beautiful thing.

I'm a Whedon fan, so I'm used to a lack of endings haha.

ETA: I have the same feelings about Walt that I have about Dexter. Although I've enjoyed watching them do terrible things (Walt being a much more complex and interesting character), I'm not going to be satisfied if they both don't get some sort of comeuppance.

Walter picks up habits of people he has killed. Remember in the very first season, when he had the drug dealer held captive in his basement? He cut the crusts off of the bread for him. Then, they show him going to work for Gus and he is cutting the crusts off of his bread.

Doing the "52" in the bacon for his birthday...that's something Skyler did. So I predict she is indeed dead at the time Walt is getting his free Grand Slam. He also uses her maiden name, Lambert, as his last name. (But that, of course, is also Marie's maiden name...)

There are lots of shows (like Dexter and Desperate Housewives) that I was "along for the ride" at some point. It was like I had invested so much time into the shows that I felt compelled to finish it out. (Currently doing that with Dexter.) Not this show. I realize it can't go on forever, but I sure wish it could.

That's true about Walt picking up habits of those he's killed, as seen in the latest episode in the car wash when he said he was done with cooking. That was similar to how Gus reacted when he walked into the restaurant. I also loved the Star Trek conversation Jesse's friends were having. When the garage door was closed, I knew that shit just got real, with another epic line, "If you don't know who I am, you should tread lightly." Breaking Bad really is the best show on television, and I'm going to miss it when it's over.

I have a horrible feeling Jesse is going to die. Just that scene the two of them on the couch, something felt like he's going to die.

Spoiler: Aaron Paul (Jesse), RT Mitte (Walt Jr) Walt and Hank all make it to the final episode.

I think Hank is going to recruit Jesse to help him bring down Walt (although I don't know how Hank will connect the Lily of the Valley to Walt and Brock. Jesse was questioned,so that might lead him down the road) And now that Hank knows Walt made the call about Marie and not Jesse, it might be easier for him to get Jesse on his side.

I think Skylar is going to be killed by the cartel on Lydia's instruction. Mike should have killed her when he had the chance. I think Holly will live, as Vince Gilligan has no reason to kill her and really piss off his audience.

Walt obviously gets found out as Heisenberg. Loved the "Hey Carol" scenes.

I started a rewatch to build up to the final season, and I found it interesting how my opinion on various characters has changed.

I used to hate skylar and i still find her annoying while I feel bad for her situation that she did not choose.

I used to be irritated by Marie, but I think she's one of my favorite characters. She is the only person who bothers to point out that the decision to enter cancer treatment solely belongs to Walt, and I appreciate that.

The use of color on this show is amazing too.

Walt Jr seems almost pointless to me. He's a total innocent. I like that he is treated like a normal kid by the show. It's rare to see a character with a disability who is not a "very special moment."

Hank is horrible at first but then changes into such a complex character. Sunday was hard to watch.

Walt Jr seems almost pointless to me. He's a total innocent. I like that he is treated like a normal kid by the show. It's rare to see a character with a disability who is not a "very special moment."

Hank is horrible at first but then changes into such a complex character. Sunday was hard to watch.

I am sort of surprised that Walt Jr hasn't gotten a more independent storyline. He seems to exist to cause friction between his parents.

Also, I HATED Hank at the beginning of the show. I didn't like him and I didn't understand why they spent so much time on his character. Interestingly, he's turned into a very intelligent, and likeable character. Hank is the true hero in this show.

It broke my heart when Hank admitted his career is over once he turns Walt in. He is the kind of guy who puts a lot of his identity in his career, and is a sharp, intelligent guy.

I have been back and forth with Skylar. I understood and appreciated her position with Walt, BUT...she willingly cooked Ted's books. And, it is now obvious she likes the money and is choosing to ignore the blood that came with it.

I have always liked Marie. Her kleptomania was a direct result of being treated like crap by Hank after he got shot. She was under enormous stress. I also like her because she is truly kind.

I have always liked Marie. Her kleptomania was a direct result of being treated like crap by Hank after he got shot. She was under enormous stress.

She was a kleptomaniac prior to Hank being shot (the tiara she stole to give Skylar at the baby shower, the dress shoes she swapped to replace her white "squeakers"), and I believe she went back to seeing the therapist that had been previously working with her due to her obsessive shoplifting. I think she had it under control until Hank got shot.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. I still like her, though. I am not sure she will live, but I like her.

Her kleptomania is much more forgivable than...poisoning a child, murdering your co-worker or calling for the hits of ten people.

Her kleptomania is much more forgivable than...poisoning a child, murdering your co-worker or calling for the hits of ten people.

Oh definitely! I have no sympathy at all for Walter, like I did at the beginning of the series. And Marie, she just annoys me in a fingernails-down-a-chalkboard kind of way, but I really don't want something bad to happen to her in the show, I don't think that she's deserving of that.

I don't support Walt anymore, either. I want Hank to somehow get him without ruining his career.

Lydia is one cold killer, but loved her going off to have a cartel murdered in the desert while wearing Louboutans and a pretty blue coat.

I don't support Walt anymore, either. I want Hank to somehow get him without ruining his career.

Lydia is one cold killer, but loved her going off to have a cartel murdered in the desert while wearing Louboutans and a pretty blue coat.

Hank's career is fucked no matter what. He'll probably still have a good reputation-it's not his fault his BIL is a violent crazy-but there's no way he's not going to have to resign. Maybe if Heisenberg hadn't been Hank's case he could have kept the job, but still unlikely.

I don't think Hank's gonna make it. I think maybe the ultimate ending would be for everyone but Walt to die. Then he's alone with all the money he 'only earned for the family'.

Or he somehow loses all of the money in a storage fire and then finds out he's going to live. He ends up back in the classroom, teaching chemistry.

I think the cancer is terminal. IIRC, they said at the beginning that chemo and surgery were only going to buy him time. I first fell in love with Marie when she said it had to be HIS decision whether or not to do treatment, as he was the one going through it.

If the lung cancer is back, and he treats aggressively, he might get another year.

I think it would be the ultimate ending if Walt loses his family to witness protection, then loses the coordinates for where he buried the money. No family, no money, and he dies alone.

I AM binge watching t his. In season 1 or two Skylar is told by her divorce lawyer that if she waits to turn Walt in, she will lose everything. Saul Goodman says early on t bat if Walt is arrested Skylar looses e everything, and tells Jesse that if be doesnt launder his money Jesse will be arrested for felony tax evasion. So Skylar was ducked from the beginning. She might as well enjoy the money .

I think that Marie might live and raise Holly. She says at one point she'd like to keep her for 18years. And I hope Holly lives.

The Hamlet theory is interesting...everyone dies at the end of it and then Fortinbras marches in and gets the kingdom. I wonder who that person will be.

Archived