IGNORED

Christian Mingle

laura oz

I HATE that damn song they use. Every time I hear it I think my ears will bleed due to my blood pressure going up. It just peeves me off. Please tell me I'm not alone in this. It's not just the song, it's the lyrics. She's going to come running, fall weeping in his arms, & saying I want to fall in love with you?! It just sounds so melodramatic. Like a bad fundie Harlequin romance novel. And the woman's desperation is so strong, I can smell it through my tv. :wtf:

It's not just you. I hate that the lyrics are "one day he will call and she will come running." It reminds me of calling a dog. Then she has to pray to fall in love with him? It doesn't just happen? From the song, I see the process as throw yourself at the first man that shows interest and if you aren't attracted, pray until you are. Perhaps I've put too much thought into this, but I see it all the time (usually on Discovery ID which I find weird because quite often it's the religious folks committing the murders. )

It wouldn't be so bad, but they play it all the time :angry-banghead: I love ID, and the story that stuck in my head is the one where the preacher drugged his wife and burned his house down to cover his ass so he could be with his mistress. :evil-eye: You know, cause divorce is bad.

I've never paid attention to the song, but Christian Mingle in general has always gotten a side-eye from me. I just don't believe that the quality of people on that site are any better just because they slapped a Christian label on it. In fact, I tend to think they'd have a higher number of creepers, crazies and losers--easier to fly under the radar when some naive person automatically assumes everyone on the site is a good wholesome Christian.

Edited because women can be creepy assholes too.

I always stay away from any business that proudly proclaims Christian ownership. I saw first hand how such a so called business will fleece their customers when my grandfather would only hire a Christian contractor to work on his home. He got ripped. If you have a clientele that goes into a business relationship really trusting that the other party has all the moral integrity that supposedly goes along with the Christian classification, you have a decided advantage and more wiggle room to screw them over. And you can do it all with a smile and a "God bless you". I'm pretty sure they have the same number of grifters and assholes any other dating site has. Or who knows, maybe more given the trust some clients are more likely to afford another Christian?

I agree...CM gives me a creepy fundie vibe. When something seems to good to be true, it usually is. And, I that's how I view CM. The "Find God's match for you" phrase is just stupid. If God has a match for you, then you shouldn't have to play hide and seek with God to find that match.

I agree...CM gives me a creepy fundie vibe. When something seems to good to be true, it usually is. And, I that's how I view CM. The "Find God's match for you" phrase is just stupid. If God has a match for you, then you shouldn't have to play hide and seek with God to find that match.

I have that thought every time I see that commercial.

I usually see a CM ad on what feels like every commercial break on CNN. What I've always wondered is, they'll play what feels like an fundamentalist Christian "hook me up" ad regularly but would they so thesame if it was a Jewish or a Muslim or a Hindu or even an Atheist hook up website?

Hey, canbritam, that could be a money maker. Seriously, if they have a Xian hook up site, why not diversify? You trademark it (or whatever it is you have to do to own the idea), and you could make bank. Since I'm encouraging you, how much of a % will I get? God bless you in advance :lol:

My friend has used Christian Mingle. From what she's told me, the two biggest problems with most of the guys she met are 1) virginity hunters (they're thrilled that she's one, but compete to see who can get her to cash it in) and 2) patriarchy (willing to wait for marriage before sex, which is what she wants, in exchange for for obedience).

After 6 months, my friend did not renew her subscription - she met too many weirdos there.

I've always wanted to create a fake profile on there and hit all of the Christian buzzwords in my profile and just see how long I can fuck with people. I know it wouldn't be nice of me at all, which is why I've not done it yet, but I just think it would be hysterical to do. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just as skeevy as every other "dating" site out there in that the guys will send one or two normal messages and then go straight to ick, except this time the ick would be tainted with Jesus love also.

im a (fairly liberal) christian and when i was single, i did join christian mingle. i never had so much as one conversation with anyone on that site. such a waste of time/money/effort.

i guess meeting "gods match" for me wasn't meant to be! :lol:

funnily enough, i'm now engaged to an agnostic man .. :lol:

I'm not sure if it makes that song better or worse if you know that it is about Jesus not a romance. The title is "Love Song for a Savior". Full lyrics: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/jarsofcl ... avior.html

Probably worse.

Am I a sicko cause I'm :laughing-rolling: because I'm picturing Cartman and Fingerbang performing it? :character-cartman: : Greatest episode evah, next to gay fish.

No comments about the commercial where they mention they married in late 2011 and popped out a baby right away...like a good helpmeet?

Here's the commercial I am talking about and see the most:

No comments about the commercial where they mention they married in late 2011 and popped out a baby right away...like a good helpmeet?

Here's the commercial I am talking about and see the most:

I saw that one for the first time yesterday. I found their testimonial on the site:

http://www.christianmingle.com/success/ ... and-Chase/

I once heard that you can't "send a smile" (or something) to the same sex on Christian Mingle. So if you're a gay christian, God doesn't want you to find love. :roll:

Also Jews already have a dating website: Jdate.

I'm not sure if it makes that song better or worse if you know that it is about Jesus not a romance. The title is "Love Song for a Savior". Full lyrics: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/jarsofcl ... avior.html

Probably worse.

There is a verse in the Bible that says Jesus is the groom and the Church is his bride. I think this is why things get so yucky ... The whole Jesus is the boyfriend. Women are to stay pure and wait for him. The parable of the virgins in the gospels. That's what I've always gotten from it.

Cone I was going to comment on that commercial. It annoys the fuck out of me! "we married in blah blah and our son was born the next April. Without Christian mingle we wouldn't have this beautiful family" it irks me so much and I've never been able to pinpoint why

I love/hate the commercials. Love them because I can snark on them, especially that couple, with my husband. I kind of find it funny that she is short haired and that they look so much alike. Not at all the image of perfect Christian couple that I would expect. I think it illustrates that they don't have a lot of success stories to choose from (otherwise why would they choose a short haired woman, clearly a floozie that cannot submit to authority /sarcasm.) I also love looking at Mr Womb and saying, "don't you wish you had waited for GOD's match.

And hate them, because, WTF Christians? God's match? That is so insanely ridic. It's just part of the faith/no faith quandary that I see all the time.

I don't hate the song, but I understood the original context. I like Jars of Clay's early stuff. My uncle actually had the CD and didn't realize it was Christian music (this is some 10 or 15 years ago), so it's pretty easy to misunderstand the meanings in all of their songs.

Cone I was going to comment on that commercial. It annoys the fuck out of me! "we married in blah blah and our son was born the next April. Without Christian mingle we wouldn't have this beautiful family" it irks me so much and I've never been able to pinpoint why

I am so disappointed to read their quip on Christian Mingle. They way that was phrased (no month they were married) Mr Womb and I were sure this baby was conceived before they were married.

Archived