IGNORED

Come on it isn't THAT hard to do

homeschoolmomma1

OK, there is no amount of love I can possibly show to the Korean supermarket I occasionally frequent that would do it justice. Beautiful, fresh, and moderately priced produce, excellent meat, and an entire 1/2 aisle of curry pastes and starter sauces from Thailand.

This same supermarket, which speaks completely to my "It should be fresh and cooked from scratch!" background, has an entire area of Korean junk food. Like shrimp puffs and colored rice balls. With tons of sugar, salt, and colorings. Did I mention this is in the produce aisle? No, I'm not kidding.

It is Korean crack. Once you have sampled it, you start displaying the behaviors of a junkie. Must. Get. Fix. :D

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I should print out OKTBT's canned chicken pic, and post it on my fridge...if that doesn't kill my appetite, nothing will. :think:

How about this
? Gotta love the Japanese

Now I want to try that for science.

Edit: Its suppose to be a kind of candy so that explains why its so sweet. One of my friends spent a year in China. She said that she had a hard time eating tomatoes with carmel on them (a dessert).

Now I want to try that for science.

Edit: Its suppose to be a kind of candy so that explains why its so sweet. One of my friends spent a year in China. She said that she had a hard time eating tomatoes with carmel on them (a dessert).

Hmmm...now I want to try caramel tomatoes! I think American settlers used to treat tomatoes like a dessert too - I seem to remember that in one of the Laura Ingalls Wilder books they ate tomatoes with cream and sugar, but I may be wrong about that.

I must admit, I was afraid to click on the link - I think I was expecting a video of someone de-canning the chicken in a can :-) In comparison to that, powdered burgers isn't so bad. As a kid, I probably would have been all over that since I loved the idea of miniature food.

I don't fancy tomatoes as a dessert, but balsamic strawberries are AMAZING.

One day i'll get to work making a blog about cheap easy nutritious food for large families. I don't think it would be hard to infiltrate them & then trick them into feeding their kids lentil soup.

I don't fancy tomatoes as a dessert, but balsamic strawberries are AMAZING.

One day i'll get to work making a blog about cheap easy nutritious food for large families. I don't think it would be hard to infiltrate them & then trick them into feeding their kids lentil soup.

I've also seen recipes for balsamic ice cream which sounds delicious too.

I've also seen recipes for balsamic ice cream which sounds delicious too.

If you boil down balsamic vinegar into a syrup, and drizzle it on vanilla ice cream, it is incredible.

Archived